• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Glaucous Version

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Pokemon Glaucous Version
GlaucousLogo.png
Game information
Neo-Spriteman
Author
xxDarkDrakkenxx, Venom12
Team
Progressing!
Status
None
Release

Pokémon Glaucous Version‎
Developed in RMXP

Pokémon: Glaucous Version was created in early 2010, but under the name of Aquinium. At the time, it was just a thought bubble in my head, but then I began to expand it.

Pokémon: Glaucous Version aims to involve the player even more than the games by Game Freak itself.​

Ruthio and Hoenn Regions

Ruthio is a mountainous island region that has been populated for over 1000 years. It was recently renovated by Stone-Tech, a powerful organization controlled by Steven Stone. It is still in construction, so there are still many tribes and ancient ruins. You may even discover these tribes!

You and your family of 3 live in Ivory Town, a small town in the huge Ruthio region. You aren't very popular, and have been home schooled ever since childhood. Nobody really lives in Ivory Town, except you and the old hermit. Nobody really knows anything about the old hermit, except that he comes from far away.

You haven't really been too interested in Pokemon training. But that all changes when you're offered a Pokemon from the Hermit. You decline the offer, however, and eventually are attacked by some wild Pokemon. The hermit then gives you the Pokemon, and you fight the Pokemon. You find out that you like Pokemon training, and decide to become a trainer. Your journey starts there.

In this journey you will make new friends, face new challenges, and maybe even run into some old faces!

Characters

You
The main protagonist in Pokémon: Glaucous Version. You don't really have a face until you create it. You choose the player's appearance.
iaza11536737983000.gif

Barry
The creepy old hermit that lives on Ivory Beach.

Features

- Explore the region of Ruthio and it's vast landscapes and beautiful scenery.
- Travel to the Hoenn region for special quests and events!
- Catch and train over 60 new Pokemon!
- Existing Pokemon will have updated movesets and evolution methods!
- Beautiful tilesets bring the game to life!
- Up to date Poke-Dex featuring 5th generation Pokemon.
- Engage in many side quests that allow you to catch rare pokemon!
- Enter the Ruthio League and battle tons of trainers in the tournament.

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Support Us!

Or not. You don't have to. But I would appreciate it. I will make a userbar someday.

Team

Neo-Spriteman - Spriter, Mapper, Eventer.
xxDarkDrakenxx - Spriter, Idealist
Venom12 - Scripter

Recruiting

Currently looking for help in the following departments:

Credits/Thank Yous

Flameguru and Poccil - Starter Kit
Dewitty - Tiles
Kymotonian - Tiles
Venom12 - Scripting help
~JV~ - Thread CSS

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Can I be the first to say that this looks brilliant! I love the screenshots & the storyline, that and you can travel to the best region of all (Hoenn) I'll certaintly support this.

Neo-Spriteman

Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Can I be the first to say that this looks brilliant! I love the screenshots & the storyline, that and you can travel to the best region of all (Hoenn) I'll certaintly support this.

Hey, hey! Thanks so much! I personally love Hoenn too.

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
is your character going to be lucas? cause if it is, i will be sorely dissapointed with this game.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
The screenshots look good, I like the style you've gone for; the font is just a little difficult to read however.

Glad to see from your above posts that you're not going to use Lucas as your hero. Are you planning on using Team Plasma and Ghetsis? Or are they also place-holders for custom villains?

Just a minor point: I think there are a few people missing from your credits for the tiles which you are using.

Neo-Spriteman

Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
The screenshots look good, I like the style you've gone for; the font is just a little difficult to read however.

Glad to see from your above posts that you're not going to use Lucas as your hero. Are you planning on using Team Plasma and Ghetsis? Or are they also place-holders for custom villains?

Just a minor point: I think there are a few people missing from your credits for the tiles which you are using.

This is the old style.

TP and Ghetsis will make minor appearances.

Again, the screens are old.

AngelxAntagonist

Heavy Metal FTW \m/
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 3, 2014
You said you need an "idealist" for the game - what do you mean by that, exactly?

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2012
yo!!! Joostan i found this one too! lol good job as always and hopefully u make a beta already!!!! lol jk....and i thought the regions name was alpha.... ah no worries....but you should make all the regions visitable even though itll be a ALOT of work.....if you did that your game would b like....the motherlord of all games cuz other hacks bside pokemon glaucous and sienna arent that good....and hav you ever played quartz? omg i hate that game!! the pokemon looked like sprites i would make! and thats terrible...they really sucked! lol i guess thats all....see ya holmes!!!

Neo-Spriteman

Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
You said you need an "idealist" for the game - what do you mean by that, exactly?

I guess I should've explained that, eh?

It's a guy that has ideas for stuff :)

yo!!! Joostan i found this one too! lol good job as always and hopefully u make a beta already!!!! lol jk....and i thought the regions name was alpha.... ah no worries....but you should make all the regions visitable even though itll be a ALOT of work.....if you did that your game would b like....the motherlord of all games cuz other hacks bside pokemon glaucous and sienna arent that good....and hav you ever played quartz? omg i hate that game!! the pokemon looked like sprites i would make! and thats terrible...they really sucked! lol i guess thats all....see ya holmes!!!

Hey, thanks Jaleel. The beta's coming soon :)
I may make a few towns from the other regions available, y'know?

And I have played Quartz. It's not the worst, but the sprites could be better, and stuff. It doesn't really suck, y'know?

Last edited:

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
This looks good, Neo.

I'm very impressed by the sceenies and the layout of the thread. I love the story and HOENN! <3 Anyways, aside from that, I can't wait to see any more progress~

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
nice job making it to the showcase.

like before, looks good.
The text is a little hard to read imo, you should darken the "shadow" of the text

Neo-Spriteman

Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
This looks good, Neo.

I'm very impressed by the sceenies and the layout of the thread. I love the story and HOENN! <3 Anyways, aside from that, I can't wait to see any more progress~

Thanks, buddy! But, the screens are a tad bit outdated :(

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice work you've done.

Thank youu!

nice job making it to the showcase.

like before, looks good.
The text is a little hard to read imo, you should darken the "shadow" of the text

Screens are a little outdated.

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2013
I don't know what you have to do to apply to the Idealist job, but I've always got ideas and would be happy to share them :D

Neo-Spriteman

Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
I don't know what you have to do to apply to the Idealist job, but I've always got ideas and would be happy to share them :D

Thanks! You got the job!

Just send some ideas to me via PM, and I'll be a happy man.

Minezumi

ミネズミ
Years
Since nobody is that interested in Glaucous anymore, and I have other ideas, Glaucous is on a long period hiatus. Don't worry, though. I will be making a different game, and I'll stay super committed to it. It'll be in the Beginner's Showcase when I get enough done. So, Cilerba or a Super Mod, can you please close this?

Back