• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen First Legendary Pokemon?

Pikachuie

Go Seahawks!
Years
Well my First Legendary Pokemon was Lugia i forgot when but i remeber the moment that I got Lugia, it was so awesome!

So what was your first? (got Lugia in firered)

Years
Well, mine was back in the original Gameboy. But since I played FRLG (Same Legendary)I would include it in this one either way. Mine was catching Articuno in Seafoam Islands. I have always been a Pokeball user, and never use any other kind of pokeball. Which made catching it that more challenging. In fact I don't know why, but he's always the one who gives me a hard time. Even Mewtwo was easy to capture.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Zapdos was first and will always be first in my heart. He looked like the coolest bird ever with his spiky wings, I knew I had to catch him or I would die. The Power Plant was also the first place I found without the Internet in my Blue Version and so I carried on the tradition in Fire Red.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
My first was definitely Articuno. He's the first one you really saw if you followed the FR/LG story line. My first RSE one was Rayquaza though, since my first game was Emerald.

Pikachuie

Go Seahawks!
Years
Well, mine was back in the original Gameboy. But since I played FRLG (Same Legendary)I would include it in this one either way. Mine was catching Articuno in Seafoam Islands. I have always been a Pokeball user, and never use any other kind of pokeball. Which made catching it that more challenging. In fact I don't know why, but he's always the one who gives me a hard time. Even Mewtwo was easy to capture.

Yeah when i play my gameboy i just use pokeballs but then i just rage quit XD

OmegaTL

Time Lord
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Zapdos in Yellow. I remember catching Mewtwo shortly after that.
As for 3rd generation games, Kyogre. :D

Sirfetch’d

Mine was Groudon as Ruby was my first gen 3 game. He was a pretty good Pokemon, but will always be inferior to Kyogre, imo.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Well, mine was back in the original Gameboy. But since I played FRLG (Same Legendary)I would include it in this one either way. Mine was catching Articuno in Seafoam Islands. I have always been a Pokeball user, and never use any other kind of pokeball. Which made catching it that more challenging.

Exact same thing here. Played Pokémon Red first, but FireRed/LeafGreen is the same. Pokéball user as well, never used anything else. The only difference is that my first legendary was Zapdos, caught inside the Power Plant.

Typhon

'sup
Years
As my first Gen III game, my first legendary would have to be Groudon, on Ruby. I actually used Groudon on my team, and it owned everything xD;

Gigabyyyte

Exploring the world of Kalos!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
Articuno all the way, baby! Haha. I love blue, and Articuno's blue. That's pretty simple logic. :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Pokémon Ruby was my first third-generation game, so just like most of you, Groudon was my first legendary. It took me nearly three whole days to catch this Pokémon if I remember correctly, because every time I threw an Ultra Ball towards it, it used to break free instantly. D: I was kind of young at that time and didn't have enough knowledge on Pokémon games, so I didn't know that you actually had to lower a Pokémon's health before capturing it and whatnot. At the beginning of the of the game, Wally did tell me something about this, but I didn't pay enough attention to him until I was playing Ruby for the second time.

Years
Sapphire was the first of my 3rd Gen games, so the first legendary that I caught on there was Kyogre (with the Master Ball, I believe). That was actually the last time I ever used a Master Ball on a legendary, so I guess that was a bit of a milestone for me.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
I was playing Pokemon Emerald in my GBA.
And my first legendary was Rayquaza.
It was hard to catch, I was hesitating to use my masterball.
Thanks to blaziken and his sky uppercut, even when Rayquaza flies
I keep hitting him. So, yeah, caught with just a Pokeball.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think Groudon, because by the time I got Ruby, I realized where the Master Ball was haha. So yeah. I missed Kyogre my first time playing Sapphire, which I got first. And missed it again my second time through. Dumb kid. ;( I never thought to save.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I think Groudon, because by the time I got Ruby, I realized where the Master Ball was haha. So yeah. I missed Kyogre my first time playing Sapphire, which I got first. And missed it again my second time through. Dumb kid. ;( I never thought to save.

No you hate Water types! :(

My first legendary in Gen III was Groudon and I hated it.

Years
My first ever legendary was Suicine in Crystal, but my favorite is probably Rayquaza for looks and design quality, though Kyogre is my favorite to battle with and also very cool looking.

All of the Emerald legendaries looked amazing - I love the Nasca Lines-esque inspiration, and they were all just so... epic. They had this sense of scale and enormity that I never really got from the Gen 1 and 2 legendaries, except maybe Mewtwo, somewhat ironically.

All-in-all, Emerald just had fantastic design and atmosphere.

Back