• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Team Generator (Strategies and Tiers)

Should I add Smogon movesetd to the 5th Gen Generator?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
Offline Pokemon Team Generator (Strategies and Tiers)

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was inspired by the original Pokemon team generator, so I decided to write this program, it's a bit of an upgrade. However, I did write the program from scratch and did not borrow any code from the original.

Okay, so my program can search for a Pokemon or team based on:
+ Primary or secondary typing
+ Region
+ Gender
+ Evolutionary stage
+ Competitive battling tier, according to this site

Don't just think of this program as just a generator, its also provides move-sets and strategies from Smogon. If you hover your mouse over the move-sets in the Strategy window, a new window with details about the attacks will appear. This window shows the move's:
+ Power
+ Accuracy
+ Type
+ Category
+ PP
+ and Description

My program also has update options, so when the tier change or new strategies get added, the program will up to date.

I wrote this program just for kicks, so I take no credit for the strategies/listing, all the credit goes to people at Smogon.

Here is the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?nzdrlymz2wz

To run the program:
- extract the "dist" folder,
- double click on the file "Team_Generator.jar"
- Enjoy!

Here is the New PKMGenerator:
Spoiler:

If you want to download this version, it can be found here. Keep in mind it is a jar file, so you will need the java runtime environment to use it; however, most people already have this installed; if you don't, it can be found here.

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2011
You're right this is alot better then the one in the Random Pokemon Challenge...Sadly no one will use it there because they won't want to download it haha that sucks

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
Years
People will use it, Its just the pokemon generator on the random pokemon challenge is so simple and easy. No need to download anything just a few click and bam, you've got your pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
I played around with it a bit, it looks pretty cool and it works well.

I like the strategies and builds you've included in the tool, as that gives you an idea how to use pokemon you've never tried before. However, I think this tool is aimed a bit more toward the competative enviroment?

Very cool stuff regardless!

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
wow this is a truly great program it will help new people and competitive battling Veterans alike kudos and again great job

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
thanks for the acknowledgements. I guess you are right about the random Pokemon challenge, but this generate by tier... oh well.

Also, I added I more feature to the newer version, if you hover over the moveset, it will list all aspects of the attacks(i.e. power, accuracy, pp, category, type, and description). I will update the 1st post with this version now.

Years
This is absolutely amazing way to generate teams and way more complex. Thanks for making this. I know I'll use it when I'm generating teams. But anyways this is way better than the random pokemon generator on wyn corporation. But the only problem I can't copy and paste peoples team into the threads. But that is not a problem I'll just find the sprites somewhere else online. Thanks!

Last edited:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
This sounds like a pretty interesting program and it looks very useful. I can't wait to see more updates, actually.

..one question though, what about the generation five updates? Will you still be able to update? Or will you create a new program?

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
generation 5 will not upset this program much, they only thing that will need to be added is the gen 5 Pokemon's name and type, but I'll just automate that soon enough.

This is a menu in the program labeled, "Update", when gen 5 reaches, the user can manually update the program with those buttons.

maplelame

Chemistry final until 24th
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2010
wow, this is great, are you going to add level-up attacks?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
I'm not allowed to download it, so could someone tell me if it can work with a Bronzong?

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
@Thorns I don't quite understand what you are asking. What do you mean you can't download it? Is mediafire not letting you download it?

And do you mean strategies for Brongzong? If you do, the program does:

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
@Thorns you have to provide me with a few more details so that I can help you, where exactly it the program not working?

Were you able to download the file from mediafire?
Did you extract the folder "dist" from the "Pokemon Team Generator V0.7.rar" file?
Did the program not load up?
Were you not able to search for a pokemon?

@maplelame If enough people want this feature I will add it, I've already thought about how to do it, i just need initiative.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
It's O.K,

By the looks of it, it's just like smogon, so no biggie.

Thanks anyway. :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
No, its not okay. You've gotten me focused, so now I feel the need to resolve your problem. And, yes it is like smogon, but this program is offline.

Do you know how to extract .rar files? (I'm sorry to belittle you, it just my IT training requires me to ask) You need to extract the files, the program will not run from your temp folder.

maplelame

Chemistry final until 24th
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2010
I really thing you should add the level-up attacks, or at least the ability to save your team.

Years
This is amazing!!!!!!!! No more having to reset my stupid router when it decides to take a crap while I'm browsing smogon, and since this is random, it recommends teams I'd never think of.

Well done. Totally featuring this on my blog tomorrow!!! I also started a monthly Pokémon Fight Club at a local gaming shop, so I'll be sure to tell all the members about this thing. Thanks so much for making it!

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
Years
ow you guys are hurting my feelings. if this was out when i made that challenge i surely would've used it. well from now on that's what will happen. and Lion do you mind if i post the link your program on my thread so other people can use it for themselves?

Back