• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Club Notification

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Probably been brought up before, but I was wondering if it would be possible if when you join a club/group on PC, you can select an option so that whenever someone posts in the club, you get a notification? This would be handy for people who forget about which clubs they join, but want to show some activity there. Of course you'd have to make it optional, as some clubs can be really busy and some people are active in their clubs regardless.

Sirfetch’d

I think this is a nice idea. While I am not a member of many clubs, the one I am active in I like to make post as frequent as I can and I feel this option would make it much easier.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That would be neat. Despite owning a club, I wouldn't use the feature myself though. But I imagine that for people that post in their clubs often and like to keep track of them, it could be handy.

Sirfetch’d

Just an idea to add on to this would be have another option where you receive a notification if the club owner makes a post. I think this would bee a nice feature for more active threads.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Subscriptions don't give notifications, but I imagine some people would want one. Like I said, this isn't something I would use personally (I don't even use thread subscriptions), but I suppose that it would be sort of a step up from subscriptions if there were notifications. As long as it would be optional, I think it would be useful.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Subscriptions give notifications via email which is what I've always used for clubs, but I agree that this'd be a wonderful addition! It'd certainly give them more of a "club-like" atmosphere and it'd be wonderful for maintaining activity too. Things like system updates or contests are very important for club owners to make known, and making people aware that they're happening would be a great benefit.

If this is possible, I think it'd be better if there were two options: One for if anyone posts (could apply to the whole forum tbh) and one for if only the thread creator (or possibly listed co-owners too) posted.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I definitely support this idea, granted that it's possible to make features exclusive to certain sections, so in this case, the clubs, otherwise I guess it might be easier to make an option to make subscriptions give on-site notifications. But I reckon this would be a very helpful feature, since some clubs might not be all that active, and some members might either be the last poster, or waiting for the clubs to start discussing other topics.

But yeah, I'd love to see this happen.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I don't really think I get why the idea you're suggesting is different to subscriptions other than they come with a notification but... isn't the thread showing in your UserCP notification enough? And why should clubs specifically deliver notifications as opposed to other threads?

I'm not saying no just yet, but I'm having a hard time actually getting my head around what your idea is and why the subscription feature doesn't have it covered.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
@ Razor,

I never go into my User CP, so I'd never know if a thread I subscribed to was replied to or not. It's not a natural / habitual thing for me to do, either, and I could in theory start checking, but getting a PM would definitely be more convenient.

I, too, never check my e-mail, so that part in the subscription system is obsolete for me. What would be nice is a change in code where instead of an e-mail, you'd get a PM - or both, whatever's easier.

I think it'd be nice. I've seen it before on forums where you get a PM when someone replies to a topic you posted in (and requested notifications for). It was nice.

droomph

weeb
Years
I don't really think I get why the idea you're suggesting is different to subscriptions other than they come with a notification but... isn't the thread showing in your UserCP notification enough? And why should clubs specifically deliver notifications as opposed to other threads?

I'm not saying no just yet, but I'm having a hard time actually getting my head around what your idea is and why the subscription feature doesn't have it covered.
I check my front-page notifications more often than my CP notifications, so yeah it would be much more helpful, since you see it first thing we see when we visit the website. Well not first item, but you know, first content to be seen is your welcome bit.

And I think if you guys have played with the feature in the past, it shouldn't be that hard to connect the dots with that.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I do liek the club notifications as its somewhat really hard to track all the clubs you're on.

I fully support this!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
And why should clubs specifically deliver notifications as opposed to other threads?
I'd say it could be more useful for clubs than other sections since those threads can change a lot over time with the club's workings being updated, 'points'/'reward' changes, topic changes, contests/events being held, etc, and for the club to work well it's important for the owner to notify members about it (even though they should just check back to the thread anyway :p), but I see no reason not to implement it for every section. I'd argue that it isn't as important knowing that the original poster has replied to a discussion thread since when you have a discussion set up that's it, you just discuss it, but I certainly wouldn't say no to it being added everywhere. I would, however, say that it'd be a very welcomed feature to use with clubs (Pokémon Clubs certainly, though I've not ventured too much into Other Clubs) and I think it'd make managing a club a lot easier for owners.

That only applies for when the OP posts and a notification being sent as a result - as for being notified when anyone posts then I've always thought that'd be a great idea to add to every single section we have. I've always found it weird that the subscriptions feature only works via user CP/email since a lot of people don't check either of those regularly, I'd love to see some form of notification crop up on PC too. Although I think this has been suggested multiple times (usually with the answer being yes if I recall correctly?) so hopefully it might already be in the works :p

Back