• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Not Gaining Experience after Battles

RaulCortez

Maybe active...sometimes?
Years
Hello guys,

I'm experiencing a very weird issue with Pokémon Essentials. I don't know if it's because i'm using Windows 7 or RPG Maker 1.01 (If that has something to do with the issue, i don't know), but this has been happening to me ever since i started using Pokemon Essentials under those two conditions.

Whenever a battle ends, the Pokémon don't gain experience, the game just skips that part. And it's specifically whenever i make any sort of changes such as changing the PBS files, since when i first decompress it and test it the game works fine. The PBS files i replaced are the ones that come with the Black and White Pack by P-Sign, by the way, and i'm using PE version 8.

Any idea of what could be happening? i already tried making a new game after replacing the PBS files, it doesn't work. It's kinda frustrating at this point :(

I haven't changed any scripts or anything, by the way. Just the PBS files.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
The reason why you are not receiving any exp from the pokemon is because P-sign did not put in the baseexp for any of the pokemon.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
The reason why you are not receiving any exp from the pokemon is because P-sign did not put in the baseexp for any of the pokemon.
I don't know for sure if that's the problem. Pokémon should obtain 1 Experience Point when the baseexp field is empty.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Essentials v9 introduced the new Experience gain formula, which gives a minimum of 1 Exp. Version 8 and earlier only have the old formula, which can result in 0 Exp being gained as described.

This is yet another case of the missing Exp values in P-Sign's pokemon.txt causing problems. He has (finally) uploaded a fixed version of it now, so use that.

As a side note, one would think that if one is using a particular addition (namely P-Sign's BW pack), then questions about it should go in its thread.

RaulCortez

Maybe active...sometimes?
Years
Thanks guys, it should be working now. Oh and, Maruno, i posted it as a general Pokemon Essentials question since i didn't knew if the problem was really related to the Pack or if it was an recurrent issue on Pokemon Essentials when running it with Windows 7, etc. Sorry about that :)

Back