• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is your favourite Video Game Villain?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Bowser: Not only is he the best villain ever, but also the most successful VG character ever, according to Cracked.com.

GLaDOS: That eerie voice, the way she tortures subjects, and her insults to Chell.

Marx: He's that type of villain no one expects, and he still fits within the Kirby universe unlike most final bosses. As for his Soul version, that ear rape voice. O_o

M. Bison: For you, being a leader of Shadaloo, a wielder of psycho powers, and a murderer would make the purpose of beating him the most important thing in your life, but for him, it was Tuesday.

Dr. Eggman: You just gotta love his stache and his machines, including his mooks from various incarnations (and Metal Sonic).

Master Xehanort: This guy is a true mastermind, as every event that has happened throughout the Kingdom Hearts series is all part of his plan to revive the X-Blade and start another keyblade war for science.

Ganondorf: As a reincarnated version of Demise's hatred, Ganondorf will always be bad to the bone, and no matter how many times he's imprisoned, he'll always come back, though Twilight Princess is a strange case, as he actually died in that game, so maybe the next Zelda game should take place between TP and Four Swords Adventure regarding ressurecting Ganon for timeline continuity's sake and how reincarnations work in general that contradict FSA being after TP.

Dr. Wily: He's made some of the best robot masters in the series, including Air Man, who can't be defeated even with the Leaf Shield, and his machines are harder to beat than Eggman's if you don't know which weapn they're weak against.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Hm...well, there's a few.
Dr. Eggman/Robotnik: "I am the Eggman, that's what I am, I am the Eggman, I've got the master plan!" - This giant talking egg has a knack for building machines and trying to stomp over blue hedgehogs. He's had a few successes (the theme park from Colours, for example), but a few fails (he gets beat by Dark Gaia, a thing he himself awakened, in Unleashed).

GLaDOS: She brings psychological torture to a new level...making several snide remarks along the way in the Portal series. Also birds are evil.

Kefka: Sure, I might not really be into Final Fantasy, but Kefka has to be one of the few villains who have actually succeeded with their plans. He took his time, planned carefully, and in the end got the thing he pursued.
He became...a god.

There are a bunch more villains I could talk about, but those 3 are personal favs.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Bowser: Not only is he the best villain ever, but also the most successful VG character ever, according to Cracked.com.

Dr. Eggman: You just gotta love his stache and his machines, including his mooks from various incarnations (and Metal Sonic).

Master Xehanort: This guy is a true mastermind, as every event that has happened throughout the Kingdom Hearts series is all part of his plan to revive the X-Blade and start another keyblade war for science.

These, plus Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII. I know, he
Spoiler:
And King K Rool. He was epic... Especially in DK64!

I also will include Cyrus from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum due to his goals.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
By favorite, I assume you mean the villian that we wanted to destroy/defeat the most, yes? In that case, Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII, for the same reasons as the above poster stated. I've never hated any character more than Sephiroth. He's truly a loathsome character. (Off topic: Since then, I haven't been impressed by any of Square's villians (or heroes) though.)

Other memorable villians include Wheatley, Lavos, Mother Brain (and her metroids) and Bowser. Mother Brain and her Metroids terrified me as a child. >_<

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
Hmm let's see...(I recommend you don't read this post if you don't like Okami or its sequel)

Orochi-An 8-headed serpent that you have kill by making it drunk. Too bad he was so easy, but still awesome
Ninetails(not the Pokemon)- SHE KILLED HIMIKO AND RAO, HOW DARE SHE. Anyways, she was awesome to fight as she was pretty difficult.
LECHKU/NECHKU- These badass twin owls were awesome but easy because you had the amazing Shiranui by your side, and their theme was awesome, and when you were in a double battle with Oki, it was like wow.
YAMI-Okay this fight was amazing. Especially in the scene before his final form. Issun saves the day! And that cutscene was so touching and then you turn into Shiranui because of all the prayers and that's awesome. And did I mention, the theme, the sun rises is one of the most epic battle themes ever?
Sen/Ryo -They were difficult and they made Kagu have awesome character development.
King Fury-Oh, the fight on the lunar bunny's head. That was amazing. Especially when you get chased to the top of Daidarabotchi.
MIZUCHI-YAY MANPUKU! Anyways, he was awesome, a dino head in ice? SWEET. And then you meet Shiranui and Isshaku!
KUROW-My favorite character in Okamiden(next to Chibi of course) because of that ending and the scholar lady thing. Besides you had him the longest time(sob)
Akuro-He was awesome, like you fight a dark clone of yourself and the theme was amazing. And you kill him with KUNI WEARING NAGI'S LEGENDARY ARMOR.

And I am done.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
This guy, right here.

1196425853_yuri_pr.jpg

His evil plan? Mind control the entire world.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
My favorite villain has always been Dr. Eggman. I've always enjoying listening to him, especially on the Sonic Adventure games, as well as his creative machine making. I don't know many of the others, apart from Bowser.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2021
So many good ones. But I can narrow it down to my top two.

Bowser - Great classic boss. And the fact that he takes Peach practically the same way every time is funny.

Fawful - He's the funniest boss ever! I actually didn't even want to kill him in either Superstar Saga or Bowser's Inside Story.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
Father Comstock because the way he wanted to use his daughter as a weapon makes him a great villain

KannibalKween

Queen of the Dark
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
Vaas from Far Cry 3 just because to me he is just so different and makes you almost feel bad for he for what happened to him.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
My favourite video game villain would have to be Arietta, the Wild from Tales of the Abyss (she's she's still technically an antagonist). Well, as a villain... she's pretty cute, y'know? I guess I took a keen on her cute personality, and her appearances weren't too bad either~

Years
Sephiroth: Character Backstory, and he shows up in multiple games even outside FFVII. (Kingdom Hearts and Eirguiz (or However it's spelt-been awhile since I've had my PS1.)) Plus he's more real than Cloud the Protagonist is, haha.

And just recently I have to agree with GLaDOS: Absolutely uproarious, and quite original. Just surprised it took me so long to give Portal a try. I didn't realize how dark it actually was.

TY

Kane from Command an Conquer... He just doesnt seem to die in the first three games and he is leader of a group who has evil intentions with Tiberium.

Handsome Jack: This man... Just hilarious from the start. Even though he killed sone important characters of BL1, he is just one of my fave villains ever... He also has a cute horse named Butt Stallion xD

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Kefka, because not only is he crazy, but he thirsts for nothing more than the destruction of all things. Truly evil in every way. I love it. I hate it when a character is struggling with being evil...or has some cliché backstory to explain them "going to the dark side" or some crap. I love the undoubtedly, irredeemably, pure evil characters like Kefka.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
My top three villains would have to be Dr. Eggman/Robotnik from Sonic, Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2, and Vaas from Far Cry 3. They all have outstanding voice actors in all sort of situations - their moments triumph along with evil laughing, moments of failure, and sometimes even hints of hilarity. These villains often believe they're really doing the right thing, or that their vision or methods are perfect, even if the protagonist disagrees. Regardless, I can't help but really feel mesmerized when seeing these villains act. The latter two are especially disturbed people.

Whyvile

Toot your horns
Years
MORGANNA MODE GONE: As a fan of .hack, this is a bit obligatory. Morganna is an interesting play on the Insane AI cliche. Her goal is to basically axe off her daughter AI, Aura, so she can basically keep being the head honcho of the ingame MMO, The World. And then she starts to branch off, creating 8 figments of herself, the 8 Phases, to basically send The World AND the actual real world into panic. Also, her voice in SIGN is simply sinister.

Relius Clover and Ghetsis: I put them both here because not only are they very similar in appearance, they also have similar moral standpoints. Ghetsis wants to take over the world, using N using Reshiram/Zekrom. He is implied to have completely sheltered N just to achieve this desire, and is even implied to have killed N's original father, and capture it's spirit. (Think about it. N has no known parents, and Ghetsis has a Confagrigous, which evolves from a Pokemon that come from dead people...) As for Relius? This guy is even worse! He took his own wife and turned her into a puppet to follow his commands! I won't spoil much else, but if you get Makoto's bad ending... You'll see just how despicable he is.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Galm from Shining Force III and Shu Shirakawa from the SRW series for a lot of the same reasons. Both are extremely intelligent individuals with ulterior motives in everything they do. Going as far as helping the heroes out to further their objective. In particular, Shu is a badass with an awesome looking mech.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Vanye Carudas Solidor from FFXII, that one game everyone hates.

Although its debatable if he is a villain since the game calls him a villain and the heroes are the group that are gathering WMDs to wage a meaningless war, in fact the heroes and the villain never confront each other until the very end because Vayne has better things to do than baby sitting a selfish warmonger princess. He has empire to do that for him while he focuses on freeing humanity and the other races that lives in Ivalice from the control of conceited "gods", Vayne doesn't discriminate between humans and pig people.

Vayne doesn't always do things that one would consider noble, he is still a villain, but only as much of a villain as Lelouch. He eliminates anyone who stands in his way from succeeding the throne because all the other characters only think of what's good for them, he on the other hand is more concerned about humanity's future. He offers Ashe the position of princess of the land which her kingdom rightfully lost after losing a long fought war just to avoid meaningless bloodshed, in fact most of Ashe's soldiers have joined with the empire while Ashe was hiding in the sewers and performing petty acts of terrorism against the empire like blowing out their plumbing.

Vayne's ultimate goal is to break the control the Occuria have over humanity, which are some godlike entities who have controlled the course of humanity throughout history. Ashe's kingdom only existed because the Occuria used one of her ancestors as a pawn and given him WMDs and Eldritch Abominations to control and take over the land. He does work with Venat, who is the renegade Occuria, who is meant to symbolize chaos but that's just because the Occuria believes that without their dominion over Ivalice the populace will bring about their own destruction, they probably will if they put Ashe in charge.

Even in the end when Reddas has destroyed the Sun Cryst, therefore fulfilling Vayne's goals, both Venat and Vayne turn against the heroes and pretend to be seeking the destruction of Ivalice now. This is all a farce of course, so that both Ashe and Larsa can be considered heroes by defeating them and peace will be finally brought to Ivalice. Also both Vayne and Venat know that they have taken some highly questionable actions in order to reach their goals, they have no place to fit in the future they have created for Ivalice, actually now that I think about it Vayne is exactly like Lelouch.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Currently, my favourite Video Game Villains are: Mankar Camoran from Oblivion, as well as Umaril from the Knights of the Nine official plugin for Oblivion, and Alduin from Skyrim, Lord Harkon from the Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim, and of course, Miraak from the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim.

Back