• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: Adding new types to Firered without replacing

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 23, 2014
Hi,
Recently on the tutorial page there was a guide on how to add new types to ruby by DJG Link so anyways that is fine but you can only add 5 types(without replacing), it only works in ruby and it makes it so you can't use contests in your hack.So now on to the main part adding it to firered without replacing.

What you will need to start to help:
hex editor
tile molester

Okay so now if you go in tile molester and go to offset 00E95FDC(You might have to move some rows or bytes but eventually you should get this as your end product)
WT8hDf9.png

Now well looking at that image you should see we could add three more type logos just above the fire, water and grass logos without replacing or resizing the image.

So the next thing you need to know is how to add the stat types.When you open your hex editor if you go to the strength and weaknesses table you can add everything that is effective on it and weak against it. Then you can also go to the attack data and either make new moves or change the type of moves to your type. Here is how the attack data is structured -Link so then after you change the type of your attacks, you might want to change the type of some pokemon. You should go to the pokemon data and changes its type. You can find the pokemon data structure here - Link so that is what i have so far.

So now that you have the basic knowledge you can help me with the problems i have with this.

Problem 1: If i add to the image over the grass, water and fire i cant find where i point those move to use that picture or those types to have the image.
Problem 2: The first one needs to be solved for this one to work; So if we can put the type logos that we add onto the moves then say we resize the image to fit say another row this would cause issues because the image would be bigger so we would need to put it in a new place and then repoint to it. This could cause even more problems even if we could repoint because the system for looking for these might not be able to extend past say the current size of the image(128 x 128) and then we would need to change more stuff.

Thanks for reading please post any information or bugs and glitches you get.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 23, 2014
Ok quick update so i have been able to get it all working except for adding the icons on the attacks still looking for that but i will put a tutorial in the tutorial section how to do what i have so far and add the new types to the pokemon and attacks(minus the icons working on attacks).

Back