• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokéwood

Do you like the idea of Pokéwood?

• YES!!!!! I <3 it!

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • No, please go back to contests

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I don't partically care for contests, musicals, etc.

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
The Pokewood seems more fun than the Musicals. I think it would pretty cool to do when the games come out.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I will probably participate in this in comparison to the Musical/Contests... neither of those interested me but I love movies so this should be really fun to try out!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Pokéwood certainly sounds cooler than any of the Contests/Musicals/other similar stuff that have come before it, and though the finished product will probably not live up to my sky-high expectations, I'm still very excited to see the end result. Like Mac, I love movies, so to see them integrated into the Pokemon world is wonderful for me!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Tbh I loved the musicals in BW, but I am interested to see what this Pokéwood thing will actually be like. I'll give it a chance and based on the anime version it'll be pretty cool, but I'm not holding out much hope for it tbh. x]

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Pokewood is definately something I'm going to check out in the game, unlike those musicals and other contests... (besides R/S/E)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Hmm, Pokéwood does seem very interesting and it seems like GameFreak really wants us to know about it and use it. But I think it's going to be one of those features I barely use, just because it doesn't serve great importance in the game, and contests would be far better I'd probably often forget about it. Unless Pokéwood is actually really impressing, then we'll see I guess.

Mentalii

Back
Years
I'm really glad they don't put the Musical in BW2. It was a very bad idea though it looked great, I would have prefered contests instead of that.
At least, even if we haven't a lot of informations about the Pokéwood, it can't be worse than the Musical, and for the moment that seems pretty fun and original.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'm really glad they don't put the Musical in BW2. It was a very bad idea though it looked great, I would have prefered contests instead of that.
At least, even if we haven't a lot of informations about the Pokéwood, it can't be worse than the Musical, and for the moment that seems pretty fun and original.
The Musical building still shows on the new map of Unova, so I'm pretty sure it'll still be there.

Musicals never really gave the better impression like Pokéwood has though, and it is original. You'd only expect a theater in New York, so one in Unova was a great idea.

Years
Is this "Pokewood" going to like contests/musicals where we're scored? How is that going to turn out then? Will we see the other AI's movies? What kind of props and stuff will be used? Which Pokemon will look the best in these movies?
Does this "Pokewood" seem to much of a Japanese concept to you? The box art gives us a picture of a Godzilla/Tyranitarzilla. What do you think it is for?
Yeah, try to answer all of my questions!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Is this "Pokewood" going to like contests/musicals where we're scored? How is that going to turn out then? Will we see the other AI's movies? What kind of props and stuff will be used? Which Pokemon will look the best in these movies?
Does this "Pokewood" seem to much of a Japanese concept to you? The box art gives us a picture of a Godzilla/Tyranitarzilla. What do you think it is for?
Yeah, try to answer all of my questions!

It's unknown how the scoring will go down; I don't even think it's been confirmed to have a scoring system, we'll have to wait for small details like that. And as for props, I think they're already there. You may get to choose a scenario? And downloadable content maybe available idk. Not much is known.

I for one, cannot wait. I think it's going to be better than the musicals, which didn't really appeal to people. But still, nothing can replace contests.

Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
I never really liked Contests or the Musical, and this does sound a lot more interesting.
Though I doubt that it can hook me nearly as much as the Pokéathlon which, in my opinion anyway, was pure brilliance.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
It sounds awesome. Musicals were a little neat, Contests were extremely fun, but now we have something that involves the player more as well as the Pokemon, not just exclusively Pokemon. The thought of a Power Rangers mix with Pokemon is super awesome, too. :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think it's nice, and like Jellicent I'm glad to see the trainer get a place in the minigames beyond just dressing them up. Though I do wonder if this means that Musicals won't even appear at all...

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
Giant Robot Fight!!

So anyway as you know there's this whole thing where you get to battle a giant robot Tyranitar, and I saw a pic showing that bot fighting a huge Golurk in the anime.

so anyway what's your opinion on the whole giant robot fight? do you think it's rather cliche' coz you know... it's japan

Gargoss

Pokémon Professor
Years
That battle I'm pretty sure is a part of the new PokeWood movie studio sidestory, which possibly replaces the Musical Hall in Nimbasa City. Brycen seems to play a part in it, too.
In that sense, it's the Pokemon equivalent of the kaiju (Godzilla-like) movie genre.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I don't understand the name. Maybe I'm having a blonde moment, but I can't relate the name to anything in real life, so I'm not really sure why it's called what it's called.

If it where music related, I could see wood being in reference to woodwind instuments, but I don't know how it relates to giant robot Tyranatars

I don't know, maybe I'm just stupid

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't understand the name. Maybe I'm having a blonde moment, but I can't relate the name to anything in real life, so I'm not really sure why it's called what it's called.

If it where music related, I could see wood being in reference to woodwind instuments, but I don't know how it relates to giant robot Tyranatars

I don't know, maybe I'm just stupid

Its a play on Hollywood. Movies are made there, you make a Movie in Pokewood. Just Pokemon + Hollywood.

Back