• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black Tower Mono-Type Challenge

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
BW2 – Black Tower Mono-Type Challenge.

Goal: Complete all 10 levels of Black Tower (or White Tree Hollow) with only one type of Pokemon.

Most challenge threads require you to start a new game and play to the end. That is a great thing. However, This challenge is different because you do not need to start a new game to participate. Black Tower and White Tree Hollow are long enough and challenging enough that building a new team to conquer the Tower is a challenge all by itself.

Rules:

1. All Pokemon must share 1 type (duh)
  2. No Saving. If you Lose, you Lose. (You can't use saving to help you explore the levels. If you only use saving honestly to take a break, that is OK.)
Optional Rules:

1. Only use 3-4 Pokemon on Level 1-5. (Those levels are supposed to be easier, so use less than 6 Pokemon)
Very Optional Rules:

1. Only use Pure Type Pokemon. (no dual type Pokemon)
  2. Don't use any Pokemon with Recovery Moves
  3. Only use One Pokemon. (This way ALL of your Pokemon are the same type.)
  4. No Legendary Pokemon. (Legends are not banned by the game itself.)
  5. Only use one Doctor per Level. (instead of one on each floor.)
  6. Never use a Doctor.

I have a week off for Thanksgiving before the month of November 2012 is over, so I'll start the challenge then.

Probably a Dragon Type Challenge. Considering how many Vanilluxe, Blastioise, and Milotic I saw on my first clear of Black Tower... This is going to hurt.

I have EV Bred Kingdra, Dragonite, Garchomp, and Haxorus. I want to make a Salamance too.

Participants
Spoiler:

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
So I have offically started my challenge. I went to Level one with a Salamance and Garchomp. Salamance was large and in charge! On to Level Two.

Team
Spoiler:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Just looked that hack up. Seems cool. Go for it.

Just post which place tower/tree

and which type you are using

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
I'm actually going to be doing Black Tower in Blaze Black 2 with Psychic-Types. Hell, if I feel really lucky, I might even try with just one or two Pokemon. My team will most likely be Gardevoir, Latias, Celebi and Meloetta.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I will not be able to begin yet, as I need to acquire the Pokemon needed and also need to reach that point in the game.

Last edited:
Back