• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Escavalier Vs Accelgor!

Spear or Speed?

• Escavalier

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Accelgor

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
589.gif
6219A.png
617.gif

This week's mash-up features the Queen's Lancer and the Emperor's shinobi! Who will win ?Will it be the ironclad warrior who can drill through walls with his mighty spears, or will it be the swift and cunning shinobi who can outrun a speeding bullet?

Years
I would go with Escavalier. It has much better stats all-around, except Speed which is the exact opposite, haha. While its options aren't very big, if nothing else it has Shell Armor, which can block critical hits and can be interesting with Iron Defense. It does have STAB Iron Head and X-Scissor to hit super hard with, too. Accelgor isn't too special to me, its concept is neat but I don't like its design as much.

Years
I'd say Escavalier. He has the superior attack and defenses of the two, and he's a monster in trick room. Plus, Bug and Steel is one of the best type combinations out there.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Haven't played Gen V in a while and never went competitive. However, Accelgor clearly wins out due to in-game memories. I remember encountering an Escavalier and, more than any non-water type pokémon since Castelia City, being perfectly sure of its type combination and how it would be powered, making it easier to counter.

Accelgor though? Facing Alder I took one look at it and thought to myself "at last, an easy one!", sending out a slow pokémon who had no type advantage...soon learned my lesson. So for being a dark horse of a pokémon, it wins for me :)

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
In a one-on-one fight? Escavalier wins. Buuuut, I prefer Accelgor personally. Between the two he has more options, can fill more roles, and has just more tricks up his mummy-bug sleeves in general. :P His pitiful defense and high speed lets him kind of abuse Guard Split in doubles, and Hydration with possibly the fastest rain dance outside of a prankster lets him almost always ignore status if you wanna go that route. Plus, the coverage man. He's got bug, he's got grass, he's can focus blast your ass. Acid Spray makes a second special hit very devestating too.

I just think he's a lot neater than escavalier.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
As much as I like how fast Accelgor is, I went with Escavalier. That, and a beetle with lances for arms wearing a horse hair crest helmet is cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Escavalier. I like that heavy-armor knight thing it has going. Ninjas are cool, but Accelgor's not a cool looking ninja.

Years
I'm on Team Escavalier as well.

I'm not much of a fan of either line but Escavalier got the vote because I loved its design better than Accelgor's, plus it's a very strong physical attacker that despite being slow, can be really threatening under a Trick Room. And of course Bug/Steel is one of the least weakness-heavy typings out there given he's only weak to Fire.

Accelgor looks pretty meh but I guess that's just me.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Escavalier! I used it in a playthrough once and it was pretty good. Plus I like it's design a lot better than Accelgor's, even if I don't like Escavalier as a whole all that much.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've got to go with Escavalier. Its might not be that great, but it makes up for it in offense; its Attack stat is simply gargantuan. Plus, it has decent attacks in its movepool to take full advantage of it. If you're using a Trick Room team, plug this Pokémon in, and you're guaranteed a victory. Have had it plenty of times before, and not once has it ever failed me, personally. Its design is also pretty good; makes it look tough!

Accelgor is all right, but it's not as easy to utilize. Its defenses are low, so if you don't have it hold Focus Sash, it could be taken down quite instantly.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Escavalier looks awesome, has some great stat balance and when in the right circumstances i.e. TR, it can be a complete monster. Out of all the times I've used it in battle, it's done the job surprisingly well. Also, I just love the Bug/Steel type combo. <3

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Accelgor, because it looks amazing, has a supersonic speed and access to Spikes, allowing it to serve as a nice lead for hyperoffensive teams (especially since the Deos got banned) and also has a nice base 100 SpA, allowing it to do some late-game cleaning in the lower tiers.

Escavalier on the other hand is very strong and bulky, especially when it has an Assault Vest equipped, and is remotely usable even in Ubers. However, it's way too slow and has a very limited movepool, so I prefer Accelgor to it.

It sucks that you have to trade to get these two, though.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 4, 2014
Accelgor easilly wins thanks to hp Fire and good sp. attack with amazing speed giving it a chance for a quick O.H.K.O.

Years
Escavalier!!! It's awesome in almost every way (spears, medieval-like look) and I'm planning to train one when I can. :D Accelgor is good stats-wise and I love me some speed but as far as design is concerned it's just a blob thing that doesn't stick out much.

Years
Ugh I love both, but voted for Accelgor because I actually used in game, albeit by accident. Was a total idiot move, thought Shelmet would evolve into Escavalier, trained it to like level 49, found out I was totally wrong, and decided to just go with it. Accelgor definitely isn't bad though. :]

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
They're both pretty badass but i picked escavalier because its a better pokemon statwise. I don't really like pokemon who are just fast.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
They're both fugly but Accelgor wins as it isn't a old Pokémon wearing armor being called a new Pokémon. Accelgor also has good speed that makes up for it's frailness.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
They're both fugly but Accelgor wins as it isn't a old Pokémon wearing armor being called a new Pokémon.

Which old pokemon is it?
Just ignore the rest of the message I'm just trying to fit the character limit.

Years
I'm picking Accelgor just cause Speed to me in a battle is quite important haha, so often I've had what I've thought to be a strong pokémon outsped by an opponent and it's proven to be detrimental lol so I'm not really sure but I'll stick with Accelgor and say that it getting attacks in quickly might give it the edge :)

Back