• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite pkmn fanfiction genre?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm back again? with a new question for the FF&W community. So as the topic says what is your favorite pokemon fanfiction genre and most importantly why?

This doesn't only apply to reading, but to writing as well.

I'm also curious; i'm sure we all have different reasons for getting into writing and reading pokemon fanfiction. Why did you get into it? What attracted you in the first place?

For me personally, I hated reading, I still sort of ache everytime I have to pick up a book. After watching an episode of pokemon on cartoon network I got a renewed intrest in my favorite childhood show. It was sort of nostalgic.

So one day i decided that I wanted to write my own episode of pokemon and presto! My first pokemon fanfiction, ever. I wrote it on a notebook and threw it in the trash the next day. To make a long and boring story short I continued writing about things i'd like to see in a pokemon episode. I wrote a story about a 20-something year old Ash and how life had traspired from childhood to adulthood. Including dreams, love, and blah, blah, blah...

I was on wikipedia trying to learn the ways of the force writing when I saw 'fanfiction' on the related box. I clicked it and discovered this whole world of fans writing about thier favorite shows, books, movies, ect...So i googled 'pokemon fanfiction' and the rest is history. I found PC and decided to post some of that story here. It didn't go so well...

That's how I discovered fanfiction and got into it. So it would also be natural for me to say that "pokemon canon-based" fanfictions are my favorite genres. I like the idea of grabbing a canon character and using him/her in one's own story or ideas.

So what kind of genres do you like seeing or writing in pokemon fanfiction and why?

Action>
Horror?
Drama?
Mystery?

AresTheAwesome

The Awesome Trainer...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
would creepypasta fall in to that line? I've been into it lately

Balanced Color

Proffesional Human
Years
A good action story always puts me into a good mood. :D Sometimes, though, I'll flip through a romance story. When I have to write something, though, it's vice-versa.

EvilSkittles

Lord of the kitchen
Years
I am fond of novelizations of the PMD series and anime cannon stories. Recently OT fics have caught my attention and inspired me to write my own. Really any action/adventure with little to no romance appeals to me. Well written romance is fine but I have no tolerance for the whinnyness that comes with most of the it.

Toutebelle

Banned
Years
Almost all of my fanfics are in the game universe. The few that are not are in the PMD universe and a single anime fanfic.

In most of my fanfics, the humans are the stars almost at the expense of the Pokemon. Traditionally, I wrote about Gym Leaders and Elite Four members, but starting in Black and White I used the protagonists as well.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
I like creepypastas and pokemon league ones and total drama spoofs.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
The Writer's Lounge has a rule against posting in threads that are over a month old. Check the date of the last post in a thread before responding. Double-check the rules of a section to see their rules on bumping old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back