• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Accidentally disabling Local Area Connection

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Some minutes ago, I was checking if something is up with my Wi-Fi tethering and I thought I must disable Local Area Connection, and after I do it, the Local Area Connection icon disappeared and I can't reenable it since it's gone... and I can't tether my laptop anymore... I wonder if there's the way to reenable it?

perthskies

Nostalgic
Years
Hello Wind Heart, which Windows are you using?

If you're using Windows 7 (should be similar) go to Control Panel --> Network and sharing Center.

Then on the left hand column click "Change adapter settings" and it should be there for you to re-enable.

Starry Windy

Years
Oh, I'm using Windows 8 btw, and the problem is that I can't find the Local Area Connection file even after I followed that setting.

Starry Windy

Years
I'm unsure of that, since I'm not quite remember the network adapter that I used for Local Area Connection. And I can't find it on Device Manager either.

perthskies

Nostalgic
Years
Wind Heart to get a better idea can you clarify exactly what device you're using to do the Wi-Fi tethering? With iPhones for example you can tether via Bluetooth wirelessly or directly via a USB cable.

Starry Windy

Years
I was using the software like Virtual Router Plus, and I'm using my laptop to tether it to another devices, and looks like it relies on the Local Area Connection from before...

Last edited:

perthskies

Nostalgic
Years
Ahh I see so most likely this "Local Area Connection" is a virtual network adapter put there by Virtual Router Plus. I'm assuming you have two other adpaters there? One for your usual Wi-Fi and one for your Ethernet?

I would suggest uninstalling/removing Virtual Router Plus completely - restart and install it again. Let us know how you go.

Sorry couldn't be of more help - I haven't used Virtual Router Plus before but perhaps others that have used it before could chime in with some more ideas..

Starry Windy

Years
Ahh I see so most likely this "Local Area Connection" is a virtual network adapter put there by Virtual Router Plus. I'm assuming you have two other adpaters there? One for your usual Wi-Fi and one for your Ethernet?

I would suggest uninstalling/removing Virtual Router Plus completely - restart and install it again. Let us know how you go.

Sorry couldn't be of more help - I haven't used Virtual Router Plus before but perhaps others that have used it before could chime in with some more ideas..

I'm still unable to reenable the connection even though I'm uninstall and reinstalling the program...

Back