• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Four First Round

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2012
So I'm prepping to face the Elite Four for the first time on my team currently

Sparks (Ampharos) level 30 Item Held: Magnet
Gusto (Pidgeotto) Level 25 Item Held: None
Drowzee Level 25 Item Held: None
Red Ace (Gyrarados) Level 40 Item Held : None
Rhyperior Level 50 Item Held: AmuletCoin
Magcargo Level 60 Item Held: None.

I'm currently training near Victory Road and Route 27. (Is there any better place?)

But would this be a good solid team once I get them all to level 50?

Years
I'd recommend switching Drowzee/Hypno for Alakazam or trade over a Gardevoir/Gallade or something.

Magcargo generally sucks but at that level and with a decent move-set it should be ok.

I can't offer much more help than that right now, seeing move sets may help.

TheCrimson102

Charizard
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
i would actually get them all to level.60 and make sure to stock up on revives and full restores. Make sure to heal those pokemon whenever their hp gets low too a critical hit could kill you.

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2012
Red Ace:
Surf
Rain Dace
Ice Fang
-

Gusto:
Whirlwind
Fly
Gust
Twister

Hypno:
Headbutt
Hypnosis
Disable
Psybeam

Sparks:
Charge
Discharge
Thunder Punch
Thunder Wave

Ryperior:
Rock Climb
Rock Smash
Strength
Horn Drill

Magcrago:
Flamethrower
Lava Plume
Rock Slide
Body Slam

Pseudo-woodo

Most definetly a grass type
Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2016
While I would also advise you to drop the Drowzee for an Alakazam, the really essential thing is to be at the correct levels and have sufficient healing items. Your movesets look fairly good, although I would try to get through Victory Road with Rhyperior's rock smash and then replace it with something a bit stronger.

Years
I'd Suggest a dragon move fore Gyarados.

For Pidgeot I don't see much point in Whirlwind without using entry hazards. Steel Wing maybe?

Hypno looks pretty good.

Ampharos might need a move that isn't electric.

Rhyperior needs a stab move or two.

Magcargo looks fine.

Back