• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tomorrow is Another Day -Fic Idea-

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Okay, so ignore the idea thread, I think I have most of it together now.

So the story is going to revolve around two very different girls.

(Names are not yet set in stone)
One of them is Melot, she is serious and determined. She doesn't often stray from a course and she is not overly social. She doesn't overly like people that much, but she does develop strong bonds with her Pokemon. She will travel on her own and she doesn't like help. Melot is a fan of training and she likes to assign different jobs to her Pokemon. She also believes in having a few really good Pokemon over a lot of them that aren't very strong.
The other is Briseis. She is more careless and easily distracted. She likes taking life two steps at a time and takes the time to enjoy things when they come around. She is very social and likes to be around both people and Pokemon. Briseis often takes things too far in a way that she doesn't know where to stop. Whenever she sees a Pokemon she likes she'll immediately want to capture it. She also doesn't think before acting. She is more gentle when it comes to caring for and battling with her Pokemon, where Melot is more engaged and in for the win.

These two girls are both Graduates from a prestigious Pokemon school on a far off island. The island is a tourist attraction during the summer and a school during the other months. The only people that are still on the island after the summer season are the few permanent residents and those hired by the school. Every year the Graduate class will have a final assignment, or an exam as the call it, where they have to travel over the island completing tasks. There will be two types of tasks.
1. Direct Tasks or DTs. These tasks deal with the challenger to travel over the island to find the person who undertakes these tasks. Some of them are just like gyms. Others are terrain based gyms, such as under water or in the sky battling. Others are races or powerstruggles that do not involve direct Pokemon Battling.
2. Indirect Tasks or ITs. These don't involve anyone but the challenger. These might include catching a certain amount of Pokemon, or not more than. They might be catch a certain Pokemon or their evolutions or raise one of a certain type. These are the easier tasks but they require time and some are better at them than others.

Each Graduate will leave with 10 tasks and will roam the island for 9 months. They will receive a device similar to a PokeEtch that will count as a phone, Pokedex and challenge indicators. They will show the Challenger where the next challenge is and how to get there. Also they will receive an ID card that slides into the device to store information such as completed challenges. The DT challenge masters will insert it with a code to indicate a challenge completed.

--

But now on the the deeper stuff.

The Pokemon on the island have been going restless. Those without a trainer seem more nervous and easily provoked. Or that is what's being said. Neither Melot nor Briseis notice anything about it. To them the Pokemon are just the same as they always were. There is a reason to this.

The reason the Pokemon are restless is because both Kyogre and Groudon have been agitated in their slumber. The only Pokemon not affected by this are the ones residing in the sky. The reason Kyogre and Groudon are restless is because both the Blue and the Red orb have been shattered. The orbs used to control them are destroyed, which angers them. But the thing is, they are still asleep, they are having violent nightmares.

when the orbs were shattered their essence went into the two people it found most suited for this. The blue orb chose Briseis and the red orb chose Melot. Which is how they directly become the key to these beasts without knowing so.
--------

So, critique? Praise? Or is it overdone? Please tell me so I can learn.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
They will come together in the end, when they'll find out about the shards and their other halves.

Back