• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question Thread

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Quick Question Thread

Have a question but don't want to make a separate thread? Post it here!

Short list of rules

• Asking how to do a completely custom system like a CBS.
  • Asking for a complete custom system. Posts like these will be deleted.
  • Requesting a member to create a script exclusively for your use.
  • Requesting warez.

When troubleshooting

• Provide a video or a screenshot.
  • Explain how you got to the problem.
  • Provide an error message if there is one.
These rules also apply for when creating a separate thread.

Some parts rewritten from older thread(s), by Avatar.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 9, 2013
How do I make it so my character can't walk over water/houses/random objects? Some of them are solid but some aren't. O.o (total noob)

Also, where did all the old threads go? They were useful..

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 9, 2013
I'm using Pokemon Essentials on RPG Maker XP. It should be the latest version.

Last edited:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
To prevent your character walking over tiles, open up the Database, head over to the 'Tilesets' tab. Select your tileset and left/right-click on the tiles you want to change.

X - Solid
O - Non-Solid

Oh, and if you're looking for the other help threads, you can search for them and I'm sure they'll show up.

Years
Hi there,
I keep struggling with probably one of the most simply scripts, and that is a continuous double battle stage. Despite the type of the trainer, wild encounter etc. What kind of script is necessary, and even more important, where exactly?
yero

And yes, before I forgot since it seems to make differences; I am using RPG maker XP. Hope someone can help me out with that...

Either, based on my previous question, which criteria needs to be changed for having two pokemon following instead of one or six?
I got the following script 3.9...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
Hey, I've got a problem with the movement of my character in a Java-based Pokémon game I'm working on. It looks stuttery, or at least not quite right.

Sorry for posting the original thread in the wrong section Cilerba, but hopefully you don't mind me referencing it here so I don't have to type it up again (or copy it in here for that matter, as it was quite large).

If in the URL bar you just change the ?t=260981 to ?t=265066 you'll see the original thread which has source code and describes the problem in more detail.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 27, 2011
Quick question

Hello there, I have been messing around on the up to date Pokemon Essentials on RMXP. I had a quick question. Alright so I am struggling a bit with this. I have modified my trainer card to hold 32 badges[not going to use them all but still], 4 per row. I can get the first 4 badges to show up on the first row. How do i get the next 4 on the 2nd row, etc. etc. Same region just yeah I was curious. What do I need to do or add to get the 2nd row, and then I can figure out from there:

Script:
pbDrawTextPositions(overlay,textPositions)
x=362
region=pbGetCurrentRegion(0) # Get the current region
imagePositions=[]
for i in 0...4
if $Trainer.badges
imagePositions[imagePositions.length]=[
"Graphics/Pictures/badges",x,13,i*25,region*32,32,32
]
end
x+=24

Thank you to anyone who can help me out.

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
Years
Um, hi. I have a question regarding actual mapping...

When you start to hack the rom, do you have to edit the areas given to you or is there a way to delete all the pre-existing ones and start from scratch?

Oh, for reference sake, I used AdvanceMap (Latest version) and am trying to hack Emerald.

Also, would editing Firered make it any easier for me to create a project? I notice there aren't a lot of noticeable Emerald hacks.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Um, hi. I have a question regarding actual mapping...

When you start to hack the rom, do you have to edit the areas given to you or is there a way to delete all the pre-existing ones and start from scratch?

Oh, for reference sake, I used AdvanceMap (Latest version) and am trying to hack Emerald.

Also, would editing Firered make it any easier for me to create a project? I notice there aren't a lot of noticeable Emerald hacks.
Um, this isn't the section for ROM Hacking. This is. Hope that helped. :)
Alternatively, you could use the Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP, though if you don't have RPG Maker XP, you'll have to buy it/obtain it through 'other' ways.

Back