• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Reshrim and Zerkom's Typing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Ok, so they were finally leaked fully.

Reshrim = Fire/Dragon
Zerkom = Electric Dragon

I know I saw someone say this in the New Types Thread. He was right on the Money. Congrats dude.

Of Course with Reshrim being Fire, it kinds ruins the chance for light type seeing as everyone supporting it were so sure Reshrim was a Light type.

So what say you on their typeings?

Personally I love them. Never had these combinations and I look forward to seeing more about both.

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
Years
Well, Zekrom= BA!!! Dragon Electric is gonna be interesting, but what dragon Pokemon couldn't learn electric type attacks to begin with?

Reshiram on the other hand... is going to be interesting in Ubers... Considering its resistant to ICE!!! With Dragon and Earth as its only weakness... I think these Dragons are gonna do just fine in the metagame.

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2015
Where did you get that?

I like them being fire and electric, so no one would be more powerful than the other.

And me thinks the 3rd dragon would be Ice.

Oh yeah, finally we have awesome typings!

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
so reshiram will be weak to dragon,rock and ground (unless it has levitate)
and zekrom will be weak to ice dragon and ground (levitate here too)

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
Heh, we waited 4-5 generations for a Fire/Dragon type.
I still prefer Zekrom's design.

FlameBlazeFury

Future Champion~!
Years
i was really hoping for a Dark/Dragon type.... but Electric/Dragon is the next best thing to me! Zekrom Rocks! as for Reshiram its ok but i still think it shouldnt be a fire/dragon it'll burn all its fur off.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
I still love Reshiram. It has more strong resistances than Zekrom though...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Heh, we waited 4-5 generations for a Fire/Dragon type.

Keep in mind that Eastern concepts of dragons differ significantly from Western concepts of dragons. In the West, dragons are solely associated with breathing fire, but in the east, there are myths of dragons associated with every element under the sun to play with. Since Pokemon is made in Japan, they made a bunch of dragon pokemon based on various Japanese mythology, saving the relatively-obscure fire-dragon for now. :P

I'm not a fan of dragon-types, but these are some pretty interesting typings to see. :P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Keep in mind that Eastern concepts of dragons differ significantly from Western concepts of dragons. In the West, dragons are solely associated with breathing fire, but in the east, there are myths of dragons associated with every element under the sun to play with. Since Pokemon is made in Japan, they made a bunch of dragon pokemon based on various Japanese mythology, saving the relatively-obscure fire-dragon for now. :P

I'm not a fan of dragon-types, but these are some pretty interesting typings to see. :P

This is also why Dragon Types have the most diverse attack pools in the game.

pr0udy

Wannabe Hacker
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2020
I have to say, I would've preferred more interesting designs for our first part-Electric-and-Fire Dragons. That's not to say that Reshiram and Zerkrom aren't decent-looking - I just don't feel that the typings really suit them. Mind you, I was disappointed when I heard Reshiram was Dragon-Type in the first place.

Years
From Pokebeach:

- Reshiram is the White Yang Pokemon and has "Turbo Blaze" as its ability, whereas Zekrom is the Black Ying Pokemon and has a new "Terra Voltage" ability.

Terra Voltage? Sounds ****ing cool, does that ablity let Zekrom hit ground types with electric attacks? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back