• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - January 2011

Hack of the month?

• Pokémon Snakewood Version

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Pokémon: Super Rising Thunder!

Votes: 32 32.7%
  • Pokémon Lilac

Votes: 40 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hack Of The Month- January 2011

Introduction:
You have until the first of February to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. The winner hack will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame. Only hacks in either the Progressing Hacks forum or the Hacks Showcase forum are eligible for nomination.

This month's eligible hacks:

threatenedbyabattlezomb.png
studio1b.png
vigourlanfacesoffagainsp.png

Image91.png
Image94.png
Image95.png

teamrocket.png
beachi.png
swinubi.png

Rules:

• You may vote once per month, per hack.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

Last edited:

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
Wow this is a hard one between Lilac and Super Rising Thunder...
Lilac has great graphics, the best mapping in most hacks currently out there, and is a really fun hack to play.
Super Rising Thunder, on the other hand, is simply an amazing hack. Great scripting, great story...

Ok, this took a while to decide, but I'm gonna go with Super Rising Thunder

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I'm going with Lilac. It's definitely one of my favorite hacks of all time. The story is good and the beta was excellent.

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
I vote for Super Rising Thunder as the game-play is different from other hacks :)

Years
Wow, these are all very good hacks. Simply for it's captivating story and scripting, and ideas, I'm afraid, for Lilac and Snakewood, I'm going to go and vote for Pink Parka Girl's Super Rising Thunder!

Also, we have until October?!

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Yeah, I think they made a mistake. Shouldn't it be the first of February?

Anyways, I voted for Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder! because of the original ideas and its graphics.

Years
Lol. That... Yeah, I'm not even going to explain that. Fixed, anyway.
I think this month has some of the hardest choices I've ever seen. Snakewood and Super Rising Thunder have good storylines, both totally unique. Lilac has the great visual appeal, and also a nice solid Pokemon storyline. They all have their pros and few cons, but I can't vote for all of them, so this time my vote goes to Super Rising Thunder.
It's not often you see a Pokemon hack where you play as a Pokemon- and it's nice to see it executed as well as Pink Parka Girl has been doing so far. Thus, it gets my vote.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Let me put it this way: anyone who doesn't vote for Super Rising Thunder clearly hasn't looked at it or is clinically insane. It has that magic, and it does one thing that hardly any hack does - it obsesses you. I am addicted to it and if you're not then you don't deserve to play it. It is spectacular in every conceivable (and inconceivable) way. In fact, don't bother with the Hack of the Year comp this year, because SRT has already won it.

PPG - you are AMAZING!

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
In fact, don't bother with the Hack of the Year comp this year, because SRT has already won it.

That's odd. Because Super Rising Thunder! was eligible for both the 2009 and 2010 Hack of the Year competitions and, to my knowledge, the only thing it won in either was third place in Best Storyline. :\

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Argh...so torn between Lilac, Super Rising Thunder, and Snakewood...definitely a hard choice for me personally...
All three have good storylines as mentioned...I'm sorry but Snakewood gets my vote (don't hurt me Kip :P).
I've been hooked on that hack more so than any other in a while; it's silly, engaging, and while graphic-wise it's not the best, it's the story and numerous references that got me hooked.
SRT and Lilac both have the story, the good graphics, and of course their own special flare, and for that I give the upmost respect to all the hackers involved. Again, some good contenders here, and I wish them all good luck.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
My vote goes to Super Rising Thunder.
I have always admired the PMD games wherein you play as a PKMN.
SRT kinda gives me the PMD feel, and thus, I'm voting for it. ;)

Starchomp

Avid Gambler
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
Wow these are all really good hacks snakerood is an interesting and original hack, lilac has awesome maps and scripts (coupled with great tiles and sprites), and super rising thunder has an incredible storyline and excellent scripts.

I chose lilac because it looks great and is fun to play.

Last edited:

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
Whereas SRT has all these good things you guys mentioned, I personally prefer the usual playstyle. And as 'usual playstyle' goes, Lilac is my favorite. It's a great hack overall, and to tell the truth, it's the first time I liked non FR/LG tiles in such a hack.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I voted for lilac. It was a tough call between lilac, and SRT, but I eventually voted for lilac because I don't like the clash in tiles in SRT generally this wouldn't be a big thing, but these hacks were so close that it was just enough to put me over the edge.

Years
Pokémon: Super Rising Thunder!
This is a good hack one can enjoy. I really like it. but Pokémon Lilac is much better than this one.
So my vote goes to
Pokémon Lilac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back