• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi Names!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
stealing quil's thread because his other one died lol

Many people are very unique when it comes to naming their wifi, to identify their networks as well as to personalize. However, around my neighborhood, I've seen very silly ones like "getyerownwifib****" and "Five Dollar Internet."

So, PC! What did you name your wi-fi?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Our Wifi name used to be our last name, but I changed it to The Elder Wand yesterday. :)

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Our Wifi name used to be our last name, but I changed it to The Elder Wand yesterday. :)

Why does everyone change their Wi-Fi name to things that are related to Harry Potter? Hmmph. I just changed mine to The Quibbler so I won't get left behind.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
It's our last name. I remember someone in my old neighborhood having their name as "DontStealThis" or something like that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Why does everyone change their Wi-Fi name to things that are related to Harry Potter? Hmmph. I just changed mine to The Quibbler so I won't get left behind.
Because Harry Potter is amazing, of course! I should have named mine to The Quibbler instead... Luna is my favorite.

Years
Well, our wireless router died a couple weeks ago, so I got to set ours up this time, since my brother and I are the only ones that use the wireless. I ended up naming our network "n0s0up4u". Certainly stands out among the generic ones in my area.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I am sure I saw this thread before but meh.

My Wifi name is SINGTEL-0977, thats the default name for it set by my internet service provider, I can change it, but I am too lazy to do so.

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
I love res on college campus

2girls1dorm
flash4freewifiroom207
thevillagerapist

and they get even worse....

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My brother insisted on naming our network Drizdar, so that is what we have it named. I think it's simply a name that he came up that is original so it is never taken whenever he uses it somewhere. Or something along those lines I'm not sure.

Years
Since I'm at uni I have no control over the wi-fi names, so I'm just stuck with EdgeNet.
At home though my parents just got a new router so I'm planning on changing it to something awesome like YoureWalkRightThroughMe or Pingu or something :D

Gerri Shin

  
Years
My main Router is Luna, it stands out as the only WPA2e secured router, which is odd since I'm surrounded by business, couple that with the 25 Character Passcode/phrase and it's the most secure thing in the neighborhood. 0.o;
I also have a simple router I plug in when I want to use my DSs, It's name is (oYo).(<-hover)

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I named my portable Android AP ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ), so whenever I want to use Wi-Fi with DS games, it shows that.

M w c

A new Challanger has appeared!
Years
My Wifi name is "Bill Wi the Science Fi" Only because I really loved that show back then(if you get it). Before it was "drop it like its hotspot".

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Since I'm the one managing the wireless set-up at home, I got to name the way I wanted. Called it "GeoWeb" for fun, as I'm studying to become a Geologist. ;3 It's not that original, but certainly more original than the other ones my laptop picks up.

ExMedic

Don't trust me
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 30, 2014
Mine is "Mi15a", because I needed to make my sister think that we don't have any wifi and I'm using my phone's portable hot-spot. Little had she noticed that it's always on, even when I've got my phone and am away from the house.
I'm not doing it because I'm a bad person. I'm doing it because I pay for the damn thing and she's a biiiiitch.

Back