• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

... it's the same game, BUT IN HD!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
XWAnQUE-600x375.jpg

How much do you value video game remakes? You know, the video games that are remade from an older system, to a more recent system, however, you're basically playing the exact same game, just in HD. Would you say, buy a game that you already own in an older system, that's coming out in a newer recent system? Maybe you would say that playing the same game in HD would seem like you're exploring an entirely different world?

What do you think? Share all thoughts if you wish~!

Colfer

Up, Up and Away
Years
If a game gets remade I feel it needs a little something else to keep me interested like the tom clancy splinter cell remakes they are okay just better graphics with the stuff I already seen. Just like Fable TLC HD Remake for Xbox360 just has some new paint and nothing new. So new features would be nice just not too much to where it seems like a different game.

Years
I'm a fan of remakes. They help games become known by a wider audience, instead of just the people who bought the game first time around.

TY

It depends... I love the remake of Age of Empires II, but i didnt like the remake of Medal of Honor: Frontline at all, there was no visible improvement in it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If I play the remake of a game that I've never even touched before, then I will enjoy it. If I've played the original game, then I'll enjoy playing its remake as well, but sometimes, it just wouldn't feel the same. ): I've played a lot of video game remakes, and some of my favorites are Star Fox 64 3D, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, and Super Mario 64 DS.

Last edited:
Years
It depends on how well they are done, really. In general I liked all the remakes I've played off the top of my head, such as Super mario 64 DS and Pokemon HGSS, Especially latter with plethora of gameplay.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Not a big fan of remakes because sometimes they actually lower the the difficulty or just make it bad in general from my perspective. (Pokemon Heart Gold... 3=<) A good remake I can only think of though is Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (GBA).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I like remakes especially console to portable ports like Ocarina of Time 3D. I only really like them when a game becomes hard to get due to it's platform being discontinued.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I'm a fan of remakes because most of the time they bring something new to the table like a gameplay element or an area, but there are certain remakes that I'll buy simply because of the enhanced graphics or if it's being released for a portable console. Still waiting for a Donkey Kong 64 remake though.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
I enjoy remakes for 2 reasons, sweeties:
1. A way to get people to enjoy the game if they didn't get to the first time around/
2. To see what they have changed since the first game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Unless there are additional features other than simply graphic improvements such as additional quests, weapons, etc. I usually don't care for remakes no matter how hard I see it being pushed.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I am usually not interested in remakes, unless they add new features (Pokémon remakes come to mind) , or the graphical enhancements are really huge (for instance, I don't care about re-releases of PS2 games in HD on the PS3, but I'm really curious about those HD remakes of Castle of Illusion and Duck Tales) .

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
I'm still playing Windwaker to this day on my Gamecube, I only wish I had a Wii-U now.
I'd be willing to pay for that. Having a remake really depends on the game.. sometimes it's just not worth it. In this case though, it's worth every cent.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
It depends. If they only improve the graphics, I see no need in buying it. However, if they improve the gameplay, add some new features/quests then I'll gladly buy it.

Nakala Pri

It depends. If they only improve the graphics, I see no need in buying it. However, if they improve the gameplay, add some new features/quests then I'll gladly buy it.

I share this response. But I won't buy another version of the game if it's only offering one more feature, like a new map or something, haha. xD

Years
I love video game remakes! It usually gives me a nostalgic feeling, especially if it's a game I've already played that's getting remade, with more modern graphics and sound.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
I like that Sonic 2 HD Remix thing or whatever it's called, they pulled it off really well. Plus the Pokémon remakes. The EA|HD ports from Xbox to 360 are nice too, even though not strictly remakes; plus I get to use a nice controller with them and not the crappy old Xbox controller.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Depends if they keep gameplay mostly intact with a few additions here and there. Star Fox 64 3D was the same game as SF64, which put some people off, but I liked it because it was great to see the game I beat so many times with better graphics. Another example of this is Perfect Dark. It was brought up to date for release in the XBLA, and it didn't need anything other than improved graphics because the original game kicked so much ass it could stand by its own as a separate release.

There are remakes, like XCOM: Enemy Unknown, which are almost a different game due to the approach the devs made. I'm not very familiar with the new game but the only thing that seems to have remained is the turn-based strategy element. The rest, they had to rebuild from the ground up.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
I like remakes...if they are worth making. What I mean is that turning a 8-16 bit game to hd 2d-3d is great. But just polishing a game that came just a few years ago is pointless. In my opinion. Id like to see old classics remastered and maybe given new game mechanics etc.

Back