• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Amethyst

What name is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

marcc5m

what
Years
[a id]topp[/a id]
ogxt5.png

[a id]In[/a id]Intro

Greetings members of The Pokecommunity! I am Fireworks. I started this hack some time during late Spring last year (although it wasn't posted until Jun 26th), and looking back at it then...it wasn't that good. It was extremely buggy, and the tile combinations were really bad. The maps were pretty poor too. So, around September-October, I quit it and began work on another hack. That one was a lot better,However my lack of motivation and all the limits of hacking that just didn't let the hack turn out how I wanted it to be, I decided to put it on hold, and return to it another time (not as a hack though). I then had no hack to work on. Should I just quit? Well, I had a look through my ROMs folder, and saw this. I liked the idea, and I had improved in all the fields it was previously lacking in. So...why not give it another go? Which is exactly what I'm doing now!

[a id]st[/a id]

Story

May 21st 2000 (From the diary of a Rocket scientist):
The DNA replication experiment was a success. With the strand of the legendary Mew's hair, we managed to create life after countless tries. As the Pokemon's eyes opened, it spoke to us. We informed it that it was a Pokemon cloned from Mew to take the role of the most powerful Pokemon in existence. And that is where things began to go wrong. It attacked without mercy, destroying everything in site. Me and my colleagues managed to escape. Except for the man we forced to help us...

June 26th 2011 (From the diary of the protagonist--Grey):
Today is my fifteenth birthday. Mother has told me that I will be obtaining a Pokemon as my present. Kinda ruins the surprise doesn't it? But now I can set of on my journey throughout the Duoso Region. I can travel the Region like I've always wanted. And find the Pokemon that killed my Father when I was a child. Don't worry Father...I won't let you down.

[a id]fe[/a id]

Features

Travel the Duoso Region.
Battle and Catch 200 different Pokemon from Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova.
Amazing new tiles and sprites.
Day and Night.
Seasons (Possibly).
A variety of fun mini-games and side-quests.
Pokemon will have mugshots when they are spoken to.
Find out and see the rest for yourself :).

[a id]me[/a id]

Media

DarkGreyV2_04-6.png
DarkGreyV2_05-4.png

DarkGreyV2_06-4.png
DarkGrey_03.png

DarkGrey_05.png
DarkGrey_04-1.png

DarkGreyV2_09.png
DarkGreyV2_02-5.png

[a id]Cr[/a id]

Credits

Spherical Ice
Seiyouh
Trevor
Zein
Kyledove
Wesley FG
Laidjon
ScareX
Alucus
Calis Projects
TB Pro
Chaos Rush
Alistair
Kellly
Worldslayer08
Necrohacker
Ben.
TyranitarDark
Kiseki
Dr Fuji
MetalFlygon08
Tool makers
GameFreak

[a id]Bu[/a id]

Bugs

Currently no door animations. This will be fixed when I figure out how.

[a id]Re[/a id]

Releases

Watch this space.

[a id]Us[/a id]

Userbars

Currently none (the one I did have must've been deleted).
Copyright Fireworks 2010-2011

Last edited:
Years
Well, it's nice to see the thread's up. The screenshots look alright, nothing really stands out as amazing but nothing stands out as terrible either so I guess that's good. The storyline is okay, though you don't really reveal much so I can't really comment on that part. Some examples of the "fun miniquests" etc. would be nice to see, and the graphics looks alright. That Bulbasaur sprite looks a tad misproportianate (how that is spelled I dont even), though. I anticipate the release. :D

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
IKNEWITIKNEWITIKNEWITIKNEWITIKNEWIT!!!
It looks,awesome,Great Job!
I could redo some tiles I did back when the old version was there.
Also,something small:'If you're reading this,you're awake.'I't's pretty obvious,innit?

Last edited:

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
the storyline is pretty good, i like it, maybe you can add more detail to it, and the screenshots are good as well, and i like that you inserted indoor tiles, because most hacks only insert the outdoor tiles. so keep up the good work.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Yay!
Someone else comes back!
I like this hack :'3
(for the 3rd time i think)
Good luck!

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Well, the tiles look nice, especially the indoor tiles. But, the trainer sprite seems a little off... Maybe the hat's position?

Years
Yay one of my fav hacks is back,you truly did give back birth to Darkgray,Firework,now time for my concerns,even though you're going dp/p/hg style don't you think you're going to waste alot of block space/pallet space?since the lab must have been hard to put in there.

I highly doubt that would be a problem in the hack. You do realise that you can replace older tiles, right?

Years
The screen shots look amazing, though my only problem is you getting the Pokemon for your birthday as I've seen it many times and it gets pretty boring. Try making a little change to it if you can. Anyway, I'll be watching this hack for more updates/releases.
Good luck!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
This hack looks to be very professional... but what I saw is that "Gray/Grey" or something is very popular in hack names... :D
Decapitalization is great and sprites look nicely inserted, I'll be keeping my eye on this, GL =)

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
This looks great,
The storyline is good too, i can at least vividly imagine what will happen in-game..haha,
the screenshot looks nice too, nice choice of tiles and palletes..
But the bulbasaur looks weird, or is it just me..haha,
anyway good luck on this hack, i will be looking out for more..xD

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I love the indoor tileset. It looks so quaint. The hero sprite looks weird as he's pointing but not looking in the direction in which he is pointing and his hat is enormous. But I like it nonetheless, especially the enormous hat =P. As mentioned many times through the thread the Bulbasaur sprite looks weird and the Starly backsprite looks small. Either way I have my eye on this one. Good luck.

~QM

Years
The screenshots are good, I wish you the best of luck with this hack. I hope to see this hack being completely completed in the future, no matter how long it takes.

ChillinInYoCloset

PacmanAteMe
Years
The screen shots look amazing, though my only problem is you getting the Pokemon for your birthday as I've seen it many times and it gets pretty boring. Try making a little change to it if you can. Anyway, I'll be watching this hack for more updates/releases.
Good luck!

I was thinking the same thing. How about your mom has to leave for some reason (maybe found out later in the plot) and she gives you a Pokemon. Other than that, it looks really promising.

blase005

PKMN Yellow Lightning Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
Looks awesome! The tileset on the outside and inside are wonderfull, the story is really interesting, having 4th gen inside it has been done many times but its still cool, the trainer you play as looks great, the tall grass actually looks like something a Pokémon would hide inside, in other words im looking forward to this hack by a 100%! I would hate to see it get cancelled!

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
Whoa maximum skill! This is impressive, a great comeback from the original hack. I sure hope there are great level scripts here to match this, the sprites and tiles too look great! Though the other OW doesn't really match the MC (main chac)'s not outline OW, so yup, that's it, the color text are a great eye candy too, I sure hope that this will get a HoY sometime : D

marcc5m

what
Years
Well, it's nice to see the thread's up. The screenshots look alright, nothing really stands out as amazing but nothing stands out as terrible either so I guess that's good. The storyline is okay, though you don't really reveal much so I can't really comment on that part. Some examples of the "fun miniquests" etc. would be nice to see, and the graphics looks alright. That Bulbasaur sprite looks a tad misproportianate (how that is spelled I dont even), though. I anticipate the release. :D

Thanks. Amazing stuff is on it's way ;)
I like to keep the storyline to be gradually revealed while playing the game :)
Hey the Bulbasaur is awesome >:O

IKNEWITIKNEWITIKNEWITIKNEWITIKNEWIT!!!
It looks,awesome,Great Job!
I could redo some tiles I did back when the old version was there.
Also,something small:'If you're reading this,you're awake.'I't's pretty obvious,innit?

Knew what?
It's there for comedy's sake :P

the storyline is pretty good, i like it, maybe you can add more detail to it, and the screenshots are good as well, and i like that you inserted indoor tiles, because most hacks only insert the outdoor tiles. so keep up the good work.

Thanks, those tiles took ages to insert D:

Yay!
Someone else comes back!
I like this hack :'3
(for the 3rd time i think)
Good luck!

Thanks. Second time btw js.

Well, the tiles look nice, especially the indoor tiles. But, the trainer sprite seems a little off... Maybe the hat's position?

Thanks.
May be...may be. I'm changing the hero sprite anyway eventually.

Good luck!

Thanks.
Yeah, but I feel it adds a little bit of oomph to the story. The Hero's dad dies (Or does he?) on their fifth birthday, and then a decade later he sets out to find the evil big baddy Pokemon.

This hack looks to be very professional... but what I saw is that "Gray/Grey" or something is very popular in hack names... :D
Decapitalization is great and sprites look nicely inserted, I'll be keeping my eye on this, GL =)

Thanks.

This looks great,
The storyline is good too, i can at least vividly imagine what will happen in-game..haha,
the screenshot looks nice too, nice choice of tiles and palletes..
But the bulbasaur looks weird, or is it just me..haha,
anyway good luck on this hack, i will be looking out for more..xD

Thanks.
No love for Bulbasaur? :(

I love the indoor tileset. It looks so quaint. The hero sprite looks weird as he's pointing but not looking in the direction in which he is pointing and his hat is enormous. But I like it nonetheless, especially the enormous hat =P. As mentioned many times through the thread the Bulbasaur sprite looks weird and the Starly backsprite looks small. Either way I have my eye on this one. Good luck.

~QM

Thanks.
The reason I'm using these Pokemon sprites is because I really like them, they're a nice change from the official sprites and the backsprites in B/W are much worse. Also it doesn't mean resizing so I can get through the hack a lot quicker :P

I think he looks cute and cool! :D

Love for Bulba :D

Nice! The tiles are really nice, same with the OW.

Thanks.

I like the trees they are cool.
Good luck.;)

Gracias.

It do look cool and cuute, small body, big head..lol but considering and comparing it to the other sprite's in the hack it will look weird..haha
The other sprite's i meant the shuckle and starly since there is no other screenshots to view.

Yeah but the other sprites will eventually be changed :P

The screenshots are good, I wish you the best of luck with this hack. I hope to see this hack being completely completed in the future, no matter how long it takes.

Thanks.
It will be, trust me, I've given up too many times before.

I was thinking the same thing. How about your mom has to leave for some reason (maybe found out later in the plot) and she gives you a Pokemon. Other than that, it looks really promising.

Nope :P
Thanks.

Looks awesome! The tileset on the outside and inside are wonderfull, the story is really interesting, having 4th gen inside it has been done many times but its still cool, the trainer you play as looks great, the tall grass actually looks like something a Pokémon would hide inside, in other words im looking forward to this hack by a 100%! I would hate to see it get cancelled!

Thanks.

Whoa maximum skill! This is impressive, a great comeback from the original hack. I sure hope there are great level scripts here to match this, the sprites and tiles too look great! Though the other OW doesn't really match the MC (main chac)'s not outline OW, so yup, that's it, the color text are a great eye candy too, I sure hope that this will get a HoY sometime : D

Thanks, but it won't win HOTY, there are better hacks out there.

Anyway, sort of update. My exams are almost over, and the lab tiles are almost done, meaning I can resume progress! Yay!
Also, a sort of poll, but what would you like the Routes to be named as? Numbers, letters or stuff like "Banana Path"? Voting closes whenever the next update is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back