• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PCX Retro Gaming Event

Years
The PCX Retro Gaming Event

Arcade Games
Click PLAY to begin!
Doesn't load? Play the game here.

Introduction

Welcome to the second annual Retro Gaming Event here at PokéCommunity, with your hosts Brendino and Luigi-San! This year our blast from the past will be Tetris- "the Soviet Mind Game." This simple, yet addicting game has been around since 1984, and has captivated the minds of millions across the globe. Do you have what it takes to be the Tetriminol Titan here at PCX?

Rules/FAQ
* * READ BEFORE PLAYING * *

How do I play?
Do you see the Tetris game at the top of the page? This is where all the action happens! Controls are as simple as using the left and right arrow on your keyboard to move sideways, pressing up to rotate your piece, and pressing down to quickly drop the block in place. While there are many different versions of Tetris out there, in the interest of fairness and scoring, this will be the only one we use.

It tells me to select a level before I play. Which one do I choose?
Since there would be no real way to enforce this, we're leaving the choice up to you. Starting at level 1 will net you a lower score to start, whereas level 10 will give you a higher point total. Be warned though, the higher difficulty you start on, the faster the tetriminoes will move, and the less advantageous some of the blocks will be.

I am unable to view or submit my scores within the game. What's wrong?
Unfortunately, the game is unable to access the server as we are hosting it away from it's original website. This means that you aren't able to directly submit your score from the game itself, or see the scores of others who have played before you.

Then how do I submit my score?
After your game is completed, you will be asked to enter your name on the "Game Over" screen. Here you should enter your username (or at least part of it if it's too long), and take a screenshot of it by pressing the Print Screen button (Command+Shift+3 on Macs). Upload this picture in your entry post, along with typing your score and username. If you'd like to see an example, take a look here.
NOTE: If you have achieved a higher score and would like to re-submit, just edit your original post. Any subsequent posts will not be counted (this also shows us that you have read the rules before participating).

How are you judging scoring?
Scoring will be based on, well, your score. In the event that two (or more) people end up with the exact same score, the tie-breaker will be based on who got there in the LEAST number of lines. This is because you are awarded more points by eliminating multiple rows at a time rather than individually.

How long do I have to submit my final score?
This event is running for the duration of PCX, so you have until 11:59 PM EST on September 30th to enter. No edits or entries will be allowed past this deadline, though, so make sure you are aware of when the event is completed. Any late entries will not count, and will get you disqualified.

Current Leaders

DarkAlucard - 105,191 (128 lines)
Jeremy - 97,787 (78 lines)
Virtual Headache - 81,753 (93 lines)

Prizes

The players that place in first, second and third place by the final day of the competition will be awarded with unique emblems. But don't worry, all other players will get a participation emblem for their efforts, so even if you don't think you can win, you'll still get a little something for trying!

2hgrats.png
350qhvk.png
oiw27k.png
34oc0pd.png

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Trying to view scores and trying to submit a score in the game brings up a message that reads "could not access scores"

Years
Unfortunately that's an issue within the game, which is why we're getting people to take screenshots of their scores and posting them rather than submitting them to the game server. We're just going to track the scores manually and update the leaders as the top scores change.

I'll edit the main post so there isn't any confusion for other players.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Wait, I R dumbass.

I was going from the link shown on the pic.

*facedesk*

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
This is actully the best I've ever done in any version of Tetris.

epl1348508513e.jpg

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
My best score:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Eh, not my best sweeties, but it's a start.

Spoiler:

Edit: Updated Score:

Spoiler:

Edit again:

Spoiler:

Edit: Don't count this score since it's passed the deadline, I just wanted to show off. XD I was attempting to beat the high score and then some. I managed, but I didn't take in the fact this is going by EST. -.-; Silly me, but personal best. X3

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
You guys think you suck? Well...
2aaisnq.png

Yeah, I'm really >that< bad at Tetris. XD

Years
Glad to see we've got some good participation so far! The scoreboard in the main post has been updated, so you know what you're working towards.

And don't worry if you feel you're doing bad, there's still lots of time to improve your scores by the end of the week!

Years
The game didn't show up on the Black 2 Skin, so I had to change it. Anyways, here's my first, and probably not my last score.

(image removed)

Tetris is so unpredictable. Do one wrong move, and it's game over for you :<

That's odd, I've been able to get the game to load on every single theme I tried, including the Black theme. Nonetheless, I've added a direct link to the game in the main post in case anyone else has been having this issue.

Back