• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] I Have A Pokemon Dream...

Years
  • Age 95
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
(This is meant to be comical. Please do not take this seriously.)

I HAVE A POKEMON DREAM...

I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our region.

Seventeen years ago, a great Trainer, in whose symbolic shadow we stand developed a glorious game. This momentous game came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of young children who had been seared in the flames of lackluster entertainment. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long round of Night Shade. Years of trying to find ways the strengths of all Pokemon followed.

But seventeen years later, we must face the tragic fact that several hundred Pokemon are held in what the OU and Uber caucuses call "lower tiers". Seventeen years later, the life of many Pokemon is sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination. Seventeen years later, many Pokemon live on a lonely island of rejection in the midst of a vast ocean of metagame prosperity. Seventeen years later, many Pokemon are languishing in the corners tier society and find themselves in exile in their own land. So we have come here today to dramatize an appalling condition.

In a sense we have come to our region's capital to check a webpage. When the developers of our game created the system by which we battle, they were signing a promissory note to which every Pokemon was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all Pokemon would be guaranteed the inalienable rights of equality, love, and appreciation.

It is obvious today that the Pokemon World has defaulted on this promissory note insofar as her citizens of "lower tiers" are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, Smogon has given many Pokemon a bad webpage which has come back marked "UU/RU/NU." But we refuse to believe that the bank of Pokemon justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are different tiers in the great amounts of Pokemon of this region. So we have come to check this webpage -- a webpage which will encourage trainers to treat all Pokemon equally. We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind the Pokemon World of the fierce urgency of now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off by using Blizzard or to use Hypnosis to make this seem like a dream. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of Pokemon justice. Now is the time to open the doors of opportunity to all of Arceus's children. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksands of Pokemon injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood.

It would be fatal for the region to overlook the urgency of the moment and to underestimate the determination of the poorly treated Pokemon. This sweltering summer of the underestimated Pokemon's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. Two-thousand thirteen is not an end, but a beginning. Those who hope that the "lower tiers" needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the Pokemon World returns to business as usual. There will be neither rest nor tranquility in the Pokemon World until each Pokemon is treated equally. The Whirlwind of Pigeot's revolt will continue to cause Golem to use Earthquake on the foundations of our region until the bright day of justice emerges.

But there is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by following Team Plasma's example.
We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into dishonorable battle style. Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force. The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the underestimated Pokemon community must not lead us to distrust of all OU and Uber caucus members, for many of our "Upper Tier" brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny and their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom. We cannot walk alone.

And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall march ahead. We cannot turn back. There are those who are asking the devotees of Pokemon equality, "When will you be satisfied?" We can never be satisfied as long as our bodies, heavy with the fatigue of battle, cannot gain lodging in the Trainer Houses of the highways and the Smogon-run Pokemon Centers of the cities. We cannot be satisfied as long as the underestimated Pokemon's basic mobility is from a small "lower tier" to a larger "lower tier". We can never be satisfied as long as a Charizard cannot be used in competitive battling and a Blastoise in the "UU tier" believes he has no place in the "OU tier". No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty Pokemon using Waterfall.

I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from dark, dank cells of the "NU tier". Some of you have come from areas where your quest for equality left you battered by the insults of opinionated Trainers and staggered by the winds of Smogon brutality. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive.

Go back to Kanto, go back to Hoenn, go back to Sinnoh, go back to Unova, go back to the slums of the "lower tiers", knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed. Let us not wallow in the valley of despair.

I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Pokemon dream. Gengar shall never eat it.

I have a dream that one day this region will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all Pokemon are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Johto the sons of former "lower tier" members and the sons of former "upper tier" members will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the region of Hoenn, the region where the "NU tier" was first established, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into a Pokemon Center of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my Meloetta will one day live in a region where she will not be judged by the "UU tier" Smogon classified her by but by the content of her character and her true battling ability.

I have a Pokemon dream today.

I have a Pokemon dream that one day the website of Smogon, whose editors' lips are presently dripping with the words of tiership and inequality between Pokemon, will be transformed into a situation where little "UU tier" Pokemon and "NU tier" Pokemon will be able to join hands with little "OU tier" Pokemon and little "Uber" Pokemon and walk together as sisters and brothers.

I have a Pokemon dream today.

I have a Pokemon dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and Mt. Silver shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of Arceus shall be revealed, and all Pokemon shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith with which I return to the "UU" tier dungeon. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a Everstone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our region into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to faint together, to stand up for equality together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of Arceus's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My region, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers fainted, land of the Pachirisu's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

And if the Pokemon World is to be great this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of Sinnoh. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of Hoenn. Let freedom ring from the top of Mt. Silver!

Let freedom ring from the snowcapped mountains of Unova!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of Kanto!

But not only that; let freedom ring from Orre!

Let freedom ring from the Orange Islands!

Let freedom ring from every hill and town of Kalos. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from Blackthorn City and Pallet Town, from every region and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of Arceus's children, "lower tier" members and "upper tier" members, Genwunners and Genfivers, believers and nonbelievers of Arceus, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Pokemon spiritual, "Equal at last! Equal at last! Thank Arceus Almighty, we are equal at last!"

(By the way, I wrote this whole thing because I learned that Meloetta was in the UU tier.)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Well... that was quite the speech you gave there. I must say it was very entertaining and I imagined some guy in a suit shouting this speech at random people passing by in a park. XD

Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force.
I really like this quote. We must fight physical power by soul power! It's just a funny sentence.

With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a Everstone of hope.
You should replace "a" with "an".

This is really funny. All the pokemon references is what made this speech entertaining. you made me feel like pulling a pokemon from NU, making a team around it, and letting it loose in the OU tier. Just to show those smug little creeps in OU what's up. >:D

A nice job if I do say so myself, which I do.

Back