• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tileset Problem. Need Help.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
Hello, I need some help in getting my tileset to work. I imported it and made an indoor (player house) map, then from the Pokemon Essentials intro with Prof. Oak, I made it transfer the player to the room, but when I play test it, it gives me an error. Can you guys help me out here on how to get it working? I've attached some photos.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
This has been answered before, it means that your map has tiles that are no longer in your new tile set, like when a tile set was 500 in height, but is now 250, but the tile being used is at the 300 point... If that makes sense to you... Basically, click the blank tile (the very 1st one), and go over any blank spaces on your map in the layers (spaces that are not lit up when you click layer 1,2 or 3)

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
Hmm, I tried that but it seemed to still not work. (or maybe I don't quite get what your trying to say lol). Anyways, I wish I could show you a picture but I haven't made 15 posts yet to be able to link a picture. Or maybe let me try this; here: i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/muroku68/tilesethelp.png (just copy and paste that as the url.) sorry for the inconvenience. Can you tell me what I'm doing/or did wrong?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 29, 2020
The player house is usually a relatively small map. You could try to rebuild it with your new tileset, and then copy-paste the events from your old map to the new one (make sure the player is positioned on the new map, not on the old one). If that still doesn't work, there might be something wrong with (importing) the tileset.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
I tried rebuilding it and copy-pasting the events over, but still no luck. Getting the same error. I also tried importing the tileset again, no luck.

Back