• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underpowered/Overpowered Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteNeutrono37

Dragon Tamer
Years
Hello, my fellow PoCo's! Neutrono here with an interesting topic. Throughout the Pokemon series, there have been multiple instances where a Pokemon had to be strengthened in order to keep up with new innovations to future games. There have also been instances where a Pokemon was added to the Pokedex, it was flat-out terrible, and nobody fixed it or powered it up. Who, in your opinion, are the Pokemon who are too strong or too weak from any games? What instances do you know of where a Pokemon had to be weakened or strengthened?

For example (I'm gonna go old-school for a moment), in Pokemon Crystal, Dunsparce was a terrible Pokemon to have. However, in the later games, Dunsparce became slightly better with the addition of new moves and abilities. But once again, its stats were abysmal.

A more recent example is the newest Pokemon from Black/White: Alomomola. At first, I thought it would have been a strong Pokemon, considering it could learn decent Water and Fighting moves. From that, I realized that Alomomola was really underpowered, and I associated it with the OTHER incredibly useless Water type (*coughcoughLuvdisccoughcough*).

So there's my two cents. Now give me your opinions!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Here are a couple good examples of underpowered Pokemon: Wigglytuff and Clefable. Even though their offensive movepools are massive, they don't have the right stats to (ab)use them very well.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Moving to Pokemon General since this is about Pokemon, not the games. PS: Don't ever use the term "PoCo's" again.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Meganium is a really underpowered Pokémon. It has terrible moves and it's just overall not as good as its fellow starters. And there are PLENTY overpowered Pokémon, for instance Haxorus, which just about OHKO's everything bar steels.

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
Overpowered Pokemon:
Gengar
Porygon-Z
Dragonite
Salamence
Metagross
Infernape
Lucario
Garchomp
Those are the ones that i know :P

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2012
All i recklon is underpowered is Magikarp,until it evolves that is ^^

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
onix is so underpowered....it's a GIANT ROCK SNAKE THING...o_O that came out wrong

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Regional rodents, regional birds (excluding Staraptor), early route bugs, gimmick Pokemon (excluding Deerling), and Pikachu clones are severely underpowered, whereas the majority of Pokemon in OU (Conkeldurr, Scizor, Infernape, etc.) are severely overpowered.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ahh this is about a year old. Why do people revive threads so old? The world may never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back