• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "Need more water types!"

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So as you know, Black and White lacked water types throughout the game, while Diamond and Pearl lacked fire-types (that both introduced in their generations). What would you like to see more of in this generation? Considering what you've seen of the region so far, what types do you think might rise in usage, or what typings desperately need more Pokemon for? Discuss your thoughts!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
So far we have seen Forest area as that is what was displayed in the starters battles and also a bit of overworld roaming along with the trainers. The vine swinging and spider web seem to indicate there is a strong Grass/Bug/Poison presence not to mention Xerneas appeared out of a Forest. There was a arid looking area with a complex in the back ground some maybe there is a city/factory something so Ground/Rock/Steel. Then the urban French feel to it says Normal type to me. At this point who knows but I personal favor more Ghost types since it is the smallest Type group in the game.

Years
Less Water, Grass and Bug types would be a plus. I'd prefer if they made a decent number of all the types available for a little diversity, being limited to literally one choice for a Fire type if you didn't pick the Starter (Here's looking at you, DPPT) is annoying. So more Fire, Electric, Ghost, Rock, Ground and Steel types available Pre-National Dex would be nice.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
More Fire is always good. I wish they could find some kind of balance, though. And if not a balance in the types of Pokmon out of all the new ones, at least fill those gaps in the regional dex with Pokemon of the types that are skimped on in this gen.

I wouldn't mind some more Steel, Ice, Dark, and Fire types myself.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I could agree with needing more Water types.
But we could also use Fire and Electric types- and maybe even a couple of Ice types.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I personally think we don't need as many Water types since it's already the most abundant type. However, I do agree we need more Ghost Pokemon, as that's currently the least abundant type. I'd say Dragon, too, but only if most weren't powerful or psuedo-legendaries/actual legendaries. Maybe more Ice types, too, since that's the third least common type out there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
I definitely want more Poison types. It's gotten to be my favorite as of late... I kinda wish there were more Poison-types with higher stats, specifically. Poison is the type with the lowest stats, now that Bug got upped so much. Ghosts also have low stats in general, but their immunities help make up for that. And I want stronger and more reliable Poison-type attacks! Like a physical move with 100 power and more than 70% accuracy.

Of course, Ice, Dragon and Ghost are pretty rare, so we need some diversity, there.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
When I saw the title I thought Forever was suggesting for there to be more water types... I think we don't need that much more water but than again 2/3 of the world is water (Aqua though appreciates the amount of water types).

I would like more fire types, they're still on the low side, as well as Fire, and Electric (Unova lacked good electric types apart from Zekrom.)

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
I think we need more Fire Types as the are Very Little Fire Types in the Games and You Normally don't get one till late game (Unless you pick the Starter [In this case being Fennekin])

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'd like to see some more, useful, Bug Pokemon. Some Ice, Steel, and some better Poison types would be nice, too.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Yeah this place makes me feel like using some cool dark-types so definitely those, I don't think water types since they're the most popular type xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Fire and Grass. Grass because sap sippers in NU would be of much appreciation, and so would better fire types in NU. :x Yes, I am competitively bias but those types have been lacking and I'm getting sick of water lmao.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
I really, REALLY want more water Pokemon that aren't fish/reptile inspired. A water Pokemon that is inspired by an animal that you wouldn't associate with water. A water-cat would be awesome. I think it is almost required to have a decent water Pokemon on your in-game team. If you didn't get Oshawott in B/W, you pretty much could have the creepy Ghost/Water thing or Swanna. More water choices will be awesome.
I love the dual types they came up last gen, and I'm hoping for more. Ghost/Fire is awesome. I almost want an evolution for Ninetales, being Fire-Ghost.. But then I think of how many ways it could go wrong, so I think "..Naw.." you know? Anyhow.
We don't need many grass or bug types with what was introduced last gen.
MORE COOL POISON TYPES! Less dual grass/poison and bug/poison.

Years
We need better Ice-types, especially given that Unova lacked dual-Ice Pokemon other than Kyurem.

Also, I love how cool Ice-types are.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I'd like to see more Fire, Electric, Rock, Ghost, and Poison typed Pokes in this generation.

I mean, I want to see more GOOD Pokemon of these types. And when I say good, I mean OU or UU material. No more Pikachu clones, no more crappy Bug/Flying or Bug/Poison types (although I would like to see a Venomoth evo and a male Combee evo), etc.

Back