• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Star Fox 2 - Nothin' but Missiles!

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
StarFox2_SNES_Game_Box_zps596a2016.png

Star Fox 2 was a game in development, in fact it was done, but was cancelled because, "Miyamoto wanted a clean break between 3D of the SNES to N64" despite that it would've been released a year and a half prior to the console's release. Multiple ROM Images have surfaced: some being alpha builds that include multiplayer. However, the nearly completed build (which we will be playing here), is pretty much done with the exception of some unfinished things, minor bugs, as well as some debug code.

About thirty per cent of the game went on to manifest itself into Star Fox 64 (some things like the map to a small degree, the all range mode of play, and Star Wolf.) Some of the more 'strategic' elements went on to be placed into Star Fox Command, such as the map concept, defence maneuvers (though here it's Corneria instead of the Great Fox), and even fighting random enemies scattered around.

Aside from that though, the game has unique elements. Here you get to choose between two of six pilots, two being new characters (Fay, a dog, and Miyu, a Lynx.) Fox and Falco are balanced while having bombs as their special weapon; Slippy and Peppy are slower, but can take much more hits as well as heal themselves for their special; Fay and Miyu are the fastest and strongest, but cannot take much in terms of enemy fire, but do have extra shields as their special weapons as compensation.

One interesting thing to note as well is that the Arwing now transforms into this Landmaster prototype walker thing, and that when you are in all range mode on a planet (which is all the time), then you can switch between the two at any time (except sometimes you're forced to be the walker thing.)

I will be playing on hard mode. I can do expert mode, but it gets extremely tedious because hard mode drags on as it is.

Plot:
Andross is back...that is all.

One last thing I'll note is that I'll be doing this LP a little differently. Instead of doing audio commentary like others, I'll be an approach of hardsubbing. I'm not using soft because from my experimentation it has a big tendency to get in the way of the game, so I made a black bar on the bottom for the subs to go. Everything in this LP was done with the following software:
Spoiler:

But without further ado...

Updates:

Update 1:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
The missiles. They just keep on coming!

Another thing I forgot to mention was that in space you can go third person, but dear goodness is it bad.

Spoiler:

Back