• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does it matter to you?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay so I was just wondering this after battling a few people on the ladder with really close matches.

I know this matters to some and it doesn't matter to others, but does the amount of Pokemon you win with matter to you? Or do you prefer winning close matches, and therefore you feel better about 1-0, than say 6-0 or something? Even in general, does it depend on who you face (experienced or inexperienced) or do you value all battles equally, and judge them on the mistakes you made, or the good things you did? Share your thoughts!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I think there are benefits to both kinds of matches. That being said, yes I think the number of pokemon does matter, but only as a way to determine the quality of a match without like, reading the battle log. Personally, I do like a nice close round. Something that both sides had to put equivalent thought and time into. Proves the opponents are well matched, imo.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
preserve the 6-0!!!!!!

No I dont really care, although I do enjoy winning in commanding fashion over a good/decent player, after which the score is probably like 4-0 or 5-0

Years
A wins a win.

Number of Pokemon doesn't necessarily mean it was a close battle, could simply be a matter of revenge killing. There was one battle I saw that could have ended either way due to the amount of prediction both players had. One was able to remove the counters to and set up Lucario to bring the score to 4-0.

That being said, winning 6-0 does provide a sense of superiority to the victor :P

Pinta77

I like it when it's a close call. It's a lot more exciting for me. It's kind of boring when I win 6-0.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I hate losing period. Either it be 1-0 or 6-0 I hate losing. Its worse when you lose 0-6. Makes you doubt yourself as trainer.

Years
don't give a flying monkey's bottom unless it's against a friend so I can have bragging rights for winning 6-0

but yeah otherwise a win's a win and people who aim to protect Pokemon so that they can 6-0 even when saccing a mon would be the safer option are idiotic

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Nope.

Although I remember gloating like a hog when I 6-0'd a friend with my Gastrodon lead.

Back