• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post-Most of the plot B2 Team

Emerald_Fire

(Insert Espurr meme here)
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
Hey, it's me again. This time I beat a Pokemon game (How is Black 2 easier than Emerald?) and have gone through basically all of the plot. I captured all available legendaries I know about (the three musk deers, Azelf, Heatran, Zekrom, and Kyurem) and now need opinions about my team. Yes, I have a full team of six, but the last two (a Chinchou and a Tropius, if you're wondering) are HM slaves because the main four can't handle it.

Aerith the Tyranitar, Level 59.
Flamethrower
Bulldoze
Crunch
Earthquake
Notes: In training. Might become permanent.

Thundor the Magnezone, Level 100
Magnet Bomb
Electro Ball
Discharge
Magnet Rise
Notes: Pure awesome. Ground types have nothing on it (It is fast and has Magnet Rise.)

Bryock the Golurk, Level 64
Hammer Arm
Strength
Heavy Slam
Earthquake
Notes: Reliable member. Yes, I know Aerith has Earthquake covered (or the other way around), but Earthquake is awesome. Only bad part is Klutz as its ability, but I don't usually use held items...

Zeus the Zekrom, Level 73
Zen Headbutt
Fusion Bolt
Dragon Claw
Crunch
Notes: I haven't decided on its status of being a member permanently nor not. It's amazing nonetheless.

Have any advice?

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
Ok, I'm going to take a look at each once, and give my opinions on them, and what you can do to them to make the in-game team a whole lot better! These are just my suggestions here, so bare with me. If you need any breedable I can help you

Aerith the Tyranitar, Level 59.
Flamethrower
Bulldoze
Crunch
Earthquake
Ok Tyranitar has a few problems here, Flamethrower and Bulldoze are moves that aren't needed at all, as Flamethrower is special based and Earthquake already takes coverage for the ground type moves. There are tons of other good physical moves out there to use either by TM, Level Up, and Move Tutor. Some moves I will reccomend to replace Flamethrower and Bulldoze would be Rock Slide, Dragon Tail, Dragon Claw, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Brick Break, and Aqua Tail

Thundor the Magnezone, Level 100
Magnet Bomb
Electro Ball
Discharge - ?
Magnet Rise
I feel like the set for Magnezone is rather lacking, it is a more special based attacker. Give it a move like Flash Cannon or Mirror Shot rather than have Magnet Bomb there. Discharge and Thunderbolt are moves debated among one another so your pick there. Signal Beam is another good spcial move to throw on there. Then I'd suggest taking out Magnet Rise for something like T.Wave, that way you could put status on the Pokemon

Bryock the Golurk, Level 64
Hammer Arm
Strength?
Heavy Slam
Earthquake
Klutz is a bad ability unless you know Trick. However it is not the end of the world here n,n I have a few suggestions for Heavy Slam and Strentgh. First off Shadow Punch is a good physical ghost attack, and I think that Golruk would rather have that. He can also learn the elemental punches as well, so those are to be put into thought as well. Drain Punch is a move as well if you want a healing-draining move, but if you go with that I say replace Hammer Arm

Zeus the Zekrom, Level 73
Zen Headbutt
Fusion Bolt
Dragon Claw
Crunch
I have a bias where I do not use legendary Pokemon at all in-game. I'd rather have a team of super strong skittys than have a team of 100 arceaus. First off, Fuishon Bolt has a limited amount of PP to use, so something like Thunder Punch or Wild Charge will do much better. Zen Headbutt is also not the best move as it doesn't have the best coverage. A move that I would reccomend is Fly, as its in-game; they won't be switching out on you; plus this is a move that is needed for the game anyways

So by looking at your four Pokemon, I can see that each of them has some flaws here in their; I think that on this team you should drop Zekrom due to it being an electric type (as you'd have two of them) and maybe get some others to add onto your team. A good support Pokemon that can inflict status like Lilligant, Gothitelle, or Whimsicott would not be bad investments to put onto your team. Getting a Starmie with the Psychic -TBolt - IceBeam - Surf moveset would add some power to the team as well. There are HMs to deal with every now and then like the occasional tree and what not, but for the most part Pokemon Black 2 really only needs you to surf and boulder push every know and then.

There are a bunch of other Pokemon that I would reccomend, all of them being special based and maybe a bit on the bulkier side. Milotic, Togekiss, Volcarano, Roserade, Lucario, Vapoeron, and Chandelure (note - ghost)

Those are my thoughts at least ~

Back