• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Noob Clan

Status
Not open for further replies.

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
Years
There is now a chat room for the noob clan! Go to the Pokecommunity server on PO (manse.us) and click on the Noob Clan channel.

Welcome new players to the one and only Noob Clan. Here at the noob clan we wish nothing but to take in all players who are new to competative battling, and in time, turn them into seasoned veterens. If this sounds fun to you, then please continue reading!

Joining the Clan

Our clan is very much built for the new players, and therefore I do not ask for any sort of formal trial. I will ask for a battle (though it is not required) just so that I can place your skill level and team building (yes these things can be VERY differant.)
If you wish to join I will need to know the folowing pieces of information.

Pokemon Online username:
Timezone:
Typical times of activity:

WHAT'S POKEMON ONLINE?
http://www.pokemon-online.eu/
Read up and download it! It is very useful for teambuilding and also very useful in battling outside of wi-fi.

Why should I join a Clan?

I remember my first dip into competative Pokemon. It was overwhelming that what was once a simple matter of "Should I put Thunder on Luxray?" soon became a matter of "What EV's and moveset should I give a Special Sweeper set for Luxray?" This can be overwhelming and send you off saying "I don't care enough." Here at the clan people can learn off of some of the other players mistakes (as well as ask for advice from some of our experianced players) and find things that help all players in the clan become better players. Also one of the biggest annoyances in the Battle Stadium is the typical "Testing a Team" or "Wanna Battle?" thread that is ultimitely deleated and sent to the Quick Battle thread. (That thread is dead btw...) Here at the clan you will be able to find players who are near your level (as battling newer players can help make you better) and ultimitely make things easy to adjust. (Clan wars are also fun.)

Rankings

Head of Activity - Cartercr

Recruitment Squad - Cartercr

Team Building Support
Cartercr (Gen 4 LC, Gen 4 OU, Gen 4 UU, Gen 5 Wi-Fi, Gen 5 LC, Sandstorm for any Metagame)
The Final Watchman (Gen 5 Wi-Fi)

Custom Set Help - Cartercr

These are our highest ranking jobs. I will (until I see any reason to change) be the Head of Activity for the clan, that is to say the person deciding upon tournaments and clan wars and the like. The Recruitment squad will be formed with players who have reached a master rank and these people will be in charge of going out and finding new players and bringing them in to join. The Team Building Support will be made of those who have successfully built a team which ranks high enough that I deem adaquet (I have not decided a ranking yet.) Custom Set Help will be the group of individuals who have gone above and beyond team building and have begun forming customized sets (which actually work.) All players who are in these higher ranks are able to be counted on for adivce on their particular subject. I will also take into consideration all ideas for tournaments and other events.

Rules

- Follow all rules of the forum. Rules are our friends, we should read them and follow them.
- Standard Clauses will be used on all matches unless otherwise stated. If you are not familiar with the standard clauses then please PM me and I will explain them.
- I ask that people who sign up please read the rules, to signify this I ask that you place in your post somewhere "I have read the rules and I will follow them to the best of my ability."
- I ask that each player make at least one comment per week. You will be inactive for a longer amount of time then please PM me. If you do post each week, I will remove your name from the list of players.
Clan Members

Cartercr, Toasty.Toast, Atley (Vyse), fifaking (Andrew), The Final Watchman, Dr4g0n12, Gamefan1

Current Events

Generation 5 Wi-Fi Metagame help.

I will post in large bold letters our current event at the top of the OP, but any past events will also have links down here and you will be able to find things such as tournament pairings down here.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
This is a cool idea for a clan! I'll be sure to direct anyone actively interested but new-ish in competitive battling here. ;D

Years
Definatly an awesome idea, but I dont have regular access to a computer to use pokemon online (I am using an Android tablet to write this) Is there any way I can be involved and have a crazy computer schedule? Because I really need to learn to get better.

cartercr

Years
We will make our best attempts to accomedate for you. :D Just please post the required information and I we can attempt to schedule a battle so I can place you battling abilities.

Years
Alright, I am available whenever (thats the simple part) and i have a competitive team on my game currently. I can get connected to wi-fi. Just access to the computer is limited.

TTC

Tommy The Cat
Years
Is this geared solely towards Pokemon Online, or will new players who wish to play cartridge games be allowed to join as well once BW is released?

cartercr

Years
Well my fear in wi-fi is that the game is dead. There just will not be enough players in wi-fi. Once B/W releases I will quite possibly attempt a wi-fi section, as there will be enough people active.

TTC

Tommy The Cat
Years
That's kind of a downer to hear. I really feel cartridge play is where the game is best experienced. Just like other RPG games, a big part of it is the grinding. It seems like there has got to be a market for wi-fi team/clan leagues and competitions. I'll have to look into that further.

cartercr

Years
Well, it is not a definite no, I will look into the wi-fi battling as I agree that it is best to play there, but the majority of activity is on PO. Once the games are actually in circulation and the place becomes more active I will make a decision as to if I wish there to be a wi-fi section (as an increase in gen 5 play will bring about an increase in gen 4.)

Years
I'd like to join, but I have no idea how to use that Poke'mon Online program. Downloaded it and now I'm lost. :/

Edit: Figured it out...I think
Pokemon Online username: Vyse
Timezone: UTC/GMT -8 hours
Typical times of activity: Available Thursday-Monday, Usually from 3pm-11pm

Last edited:

fifaking

Future soccer legend
Years
ill join
P.O. username: Andrew
Timezone:CST
Availability: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and weekends. time depending

Precipice

I may be pure badass, but...
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2012
Well this looks like a cool idea, but I don't think I really need any tutoring atm I'm quite a confident battler. So thankyou for your offer but I'll have to decline.

cartercr

Years
I'd like to join, but I have no idea how to use that Poke'mon Online program. Downloaded it and now I'm lost. :/

Edit: Figured it out...I think
Pokemon Online username: Vyse
Timezone: UTC/GMT -8 hours
Typical times of activity: Available Thursday-Monday, Usually from 3pm-11pm

Alright, Thank you for joining, I will be in touch to try to schedule a battle with you :D

ill join
P.O. username: Andrew
Timezone:CST
Availability: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and weekends. time depending

Same as above

Well this looks like a cool idea, but I don't think I really need any tutoring atm I'm quite a confident battler. So thankyou for your offer but I'll have to decline.

Alright, we also do need some experianced players though to help with some of the newer ones.

I would also like to add that I will be having a wi-fi section on here. The same system will apply as with PO with the exception, of course, being that I need your friend code.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Pokemon Online username:The Final Watchman
Timezone:Central or UTC -6
Typical times of activity: I'm starting track soon so it will be like 5 to 8 on most days.

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
Years
Username:
Time zone: UTC-08
Times of activity: 5:00pm-1:00am. Weekends can be unpredictable.

cartercr

Years
Pokemon Online username:The Final Watchman
Timezone:Central or UTC -6
Typical times of activity: I'm starting track soon so it will be like 5 to 8 on most days.

Added under Gen 5 Wi-fi Team Building Help

Username:
Time zone: UTC-08
Times of activity: 5:00pm-1:00am. Weekends can be unpredictable.

Added, please be in contact in order to schedule a test battle.

NEW EVENT

We have several new players and so I think it is time to begin having events. Our new event will be Generation 5 Wi-Fi Metagame help. This event will focus on team building and strategy to prepare for a small tournament that will happen within our clan. I will only accept the top 4 players into the tournament, so that means that, under our current conditions, two players will not be competing. This will be focusing on Pokemon Online, as I see no possible way that people would have a Wi-Fi team ready on the actual cartridge games. (Unless you have even less of a life than me.) Team Help will be available until the date of the tournament (each player will be online at the time of the tournament to prevent no-shows. With that, our tournament will be in 2 weeks, so please contact either myself or The Final Watchman if you need team help.

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
I play both 4th and 5th gen uber and the others a bit.

Last edited:

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
Years
Welcome new players to the one and only Noob Clan. Here at the noob clan we wish nothing but to take in all players who are new to competative battling, and in time, turn them into seasoned veterens. If this sounds fun to you, then please continue reading!

Joining the Clan

Our clan is very much built for the new players, and therefore I do not ask for any sort of formal trial. I will ask for a battle (though it is not required) just so that I can place your skill level and team building (yes these things can be VERY differant.)
If you wish to join I will need to know the folowing pieces of information.

Pokemon Online username:
Timezone:
Typical times of activity:

WHAT'S POKEMON ONLINE?
http://www.pokemon-online.eu/
Read up and download it! It is very useful for teambuilding and also very useful in battling outside of wi-fi.

Why should I join a Clan?

I remember my first dip into competative Pokemon. It was overwhelming that what was once a simple matter of "Should I put Thunder on Luxray?" soon became a matter of "What EV's and moveset should I give a Special Sweeper set for Luxray?" This can be overwhelming and send you off saying "I don't care enough." Here at the clan people can learn off of some of the other players mistakes (as well as ask for advice from some of our experianced players) and find things that help all players in the clan become better players. Also one of the biggest annoyances in the Battle Stadium is the typical "Testing a Team" or "Wanna Battle?" thread that is ultimitely deleated and sent to the Quick Battle thread. (That thread is dead btw...) Here at the clan you will be able to find players who are near your level (as battling newer players can help make you better) and ultimitely make things easy to adjust. (Clan wars are also fun.)

Rankings

Head of Activity - Cartercr

Recruitment Squad - Cartercr

Team Building Support
Cartercr (Gen 4 LC, Gen 4 OU, Gen 4 UU, Gen 5 Wi-Fi, Gen 5 LC, Sandstorm for any Metagame)
The Final Watchman (Gen 5 Wi-Fi)

Custom Set Help - Cartercr

These are our highest ranking jobs. I will (until I see any reason to change) be the Head of Activity for the clan, that is to say the person deciding upon tournaments and clan wars and the like. The Recruitment squad will be formed with players who have reached a master rank and these people will be in charge of going out and finding new players and bringing them in to join. The Team Building Support will be made of those who have successfully built a team which ranks high enough that I deem adaquet (I have not decided a ranking yet.) Custom Set Help will be the group of individuals who have gone above and beyond team building and have begun forming customized sets (which actually work.) All players who are in these higher ranks are able to be counted on for adivce on their particular subject. I will also take into consideration all ideas for tournaments and other events.

Clan Members

Cartercr, Toasty.Toast, Atley (Vyse), fifaking (Andrew), The Final Watchman, Dr4g0n12

Current Events

Generation 5 Wi-Fi Metagame help.

I will post in large bold letters our current event at the top of the OP, but any past events will also have links down here and you will be able to find things such as tournament pairings down here.

Sorry, I forgot to mention my username. It is dr4gon12

gamefan1

Mystery Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
i wanna be in name :gamefan1

timezone euh i dunno im in canada XD

i love to make Team out of weak pokemon (ratata,magikarp,clefairy etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back