• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you still play games of the Fourth Generation?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Pretty straightforward. With Generation VI approaching and arriving in October, Generation IV becomes yet another step closer to relative extinction. My question to you is, will you pick these games up every now and then and play them after Gen VI is out? Or, will you ditch them completely?

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Definitely not. And by that, I mean I will definitely not stop playing these games. :)
4th gen had some of my favorite games, and I will probably play these games a lot, even with the release of new games. These games will always be remembered, for me. I still even return to some GBA games I don't like as much now, so I will probably play some of these 4th Gen games even more, usually when I finish the new generation. And unless they create like 10 new generations within the next few years, I'll still be playing these from time to time.

Another reason to keep on playing is that this generation was the one where I really start to got better, and not really as, well, random, as in earlier games. So basically, I have a lot of memories from this.

Years
Even though I'm focusing on Black 2 right now, I may still find time to play my old 4th Gen games, particularly SoulSilver and Platinum.

4th Gen had very memorable games, and great features. I'll still have time to play even when balancing the newest generations. Even when 6th Gen comes, I'll always remember 4th Gen as the generation that got me hooked on the games.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Even when brand new generations come out and win the hearts of fans worldwide, I think I'll still regularly pick up either my Platinum or Heartgold and raise my team, explore around Sinnoh, play my game to its fullest potential and replay with unique teams to see what works best for me. The 4th Generation was definitely one of my favourites and I look back on it as a great generation that introduced wonderful creatures, features, new places and brilliant games <3. I don't think I'll ever give them up, so in summary I won't ditch my 4th Generation Games completely even when Pokemon X and Y come out.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
To be honest , I'm still playing 4th gen games. I don't usually reset games so I still have my original save files from HeartGold and Diamond. I happen to only just got Platinum for Christmas and I'm still playing the last player's game so I can transfer her mons to HeartGold, White, Black 2 and White 2. Then I plan to reset and start my own game. So I'm still gonna be completing Gen 4 games while Gen 6 is going on. While I didn't like Gen IV at first, they've grown on me and I now love them. While they're not my favorite, they're still great games and so as long as I have my DS, Ill be playing them for years.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I still play my Pearl and Heartgold mainly to just to complete my black 2's national dex before October. To anwser the question I'll probably still play them after X and Y are out.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Yes, because I haven't finished Platinum yet and I just love Heart Gold a lot.

mikelan98

Bendiciones y buenas noches
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
Of course, the fourth generation is the most advanced generation that hasn't lost the essence of Pokémon. And do not forget the great remakes of GBC games, HeartGold & SoulSilver.

blue

gucci
Years
I tend to do this to pass the time waiting for new generations, I've recently started on Platinum and Soul Silver.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Ofc I will. I didn't even complete my Pokedex in Heart Gold yet. And I use Heart Gold for battling, trading and the Pokeathlon!

As for Diamond, I use it for to trade starters with :)

I'm even playing FireRed. So it doesn't matter which Gen is coming out next. I'll still play the Pokemon games no matter what Gen it is.

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Heartgold and Soulsilver will be still be played, Classic pokemon are better then new ones :)

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I'm probably going to replay HeartGold after I beat White 2. It's my favorite Pokemon game.

I played Platinum just the other day from start to finish. It's all about nostalgia. People still play Gen 1,2 & 3 daily.

Years
As of right now I say no, since I still really love playing HeartGold every once and a while. That being said, I thought the same thing about FireRed and Sapphire when I first got my DS, but aside from doing some Pal Park stuff I've barely touched them. HeartGold, however, does have a lot more to offer than the Gen 3 games in terms of post-game activities, so while I don't think it'll be completely forgotten, it wouldn't surprise me come October.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2013
I reckon I'll still play them :) I actually completed a Red playthrough just recently :D. Just because they're old doesn't mean they still aren't awesome!

Shooting me Softly

This is the wrong forum....
Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
Of course! I may come back to Heart Gold every once in a while, but I don't really have any motivation to play D/P/P. They're so....meh.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Of course :) While SS and HG didn't interest me particularly Platinum was great! I'll sure play that again!

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hmm, I guess I will, but I'll most probably play HGSS only, I like HGSS pretty good so yeah, this sums it all up!

Back