• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rabbit, hutch.

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
well we are building a rabbit hutch for uh...a baby bunny :P

anyone have anyplans, and where the location should be?

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
It'd be a good notion to learn these things beforehand, there are more books on the subject than one can readily count. Fortunately for your laziness I am knowledgeable on this...

You could (and I'd say it's probably best to) build a large hutch out in the back garden, assuming you have a garden with any real amount of available space.
Hutches work best —or at least most economically— as a wooden frame covered with wire mesh; comprising of a large outside run and an enclosed part which should be well capable of sheltering the rabbit from the elements. Foxes and cats may at some point try to get to the rabbit, so make sure the structure is sturdy and can take the weight of such animals.

Rabbits are social creatures so really you should have two (this works best with two does, or a buck and doe provided they're neutered). Eh anyway, since you have a kitten it might not be a good idea to shove it outdoors right away, but that depends how old it is...

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
Years
Maybe you should keep it in something like a shed or barn right away, seeing as it's a baby bunneh. o__O

Also, if you live in an area where it's extremly hot/cold make sure you take notice of it. Is your baby bunny going to be lonehaired or shorthaired? I remember I had a longhaired bunny who died when it was only 1 year old because when we went away for vacation a heatwave struck and the hutch it was in wasn't in the shade. Sure, someone was taking care of it, but I guess there was not enough water for it still. We didn't think it would happen and paid the price. My mom went home before me and said it went through two bottles of water and then died. I didn't even get to say goodbye..*sniff* Ok now I'm ranting so I think I'll stop...

-Neko

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
it should be in a cool environment, where there is a nice bit of shade but the sun can still come in, we had our big rabbit hutch next to a fish pond we had outside, to keep it amused while it was watching the fishes swim by! Just put it somewhere a rabbit can feel secure and happy!

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
well my bunny (it was feed, but we saved it from a snake that this guy was going to feed it to) is kinda metaly ill i think, because it was a feed bunny (toss out :|) but that has nothing to do with it, i am going to put it next to these nice colorful flowers in the shade and in the sun :P it will be verry happy.

btw my bunny is about im gonna say 5 months old? (idk, its about small-medium size, we fed it well) so idk,

AND DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PLANS, that i could print out a.k.a directions to build one. ?

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
AND DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PLANS, that i could print out a.k.a directions to build one. ?
This is the point where I'd love to do it myself for you, but I can't obviously. What I've said is the nearest thing to a plan I've ever seen. Nobody walks around with hutch blueprints, xD Google is likely to be your only port of call for such information.

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
This is the point where I'd love to do it myself for you, but I can't obviously. What I've said is the nearest thing to a plan I've ever seen. Nobody walks around with hutch blueprints, xD Google is likely to be your only port of call for such information.

yes we decided to make it with our own plans :P but we looked at some plans before we did, it is currently half way done (we have the actual cage part done :P) s|he is in the cage part in our backyard, and s|he looks very happy :P

Back