• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Kind of Pokeball?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
So, guys what's your favorite kind of Poke Ball?

For me it will be the Luxury Ball cause it looks cool... :)

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
Dusk Ball; best Poke Ball for catching a lot of legendaries, as they all tend to live in caves, plus they're the strongest of all the Poke Balls (besides the Master Ball) when used at night.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I like to just use regular Pokeballs when I'm building a team, but I'll usually use Ultraballs or Dusk balls when just catching Pokémon for the box.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love Dive, Love, Luxury, and Premier Balls! :) Heal Balls are also nice, especially in BW(2) when I can't get a Love Ball, so they have to suffice haha. When I was younger, Timer Balls were my favorite because they always worked well for me in Colosseum, but after I started RNGing and wanting to catch things in matching Pokeballs, I've come to realize how awesome these four are. I've always preferred Premier over Pokeballs though.

Sirfetch’d

On a pure design standpoint premier and luxury, but you can't deny the awesomeness of a Master Ball:)

Yuzuru Otonashi

A new start...
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
Dusk Ball; best Poke Ball for catching a lot of legendaries, as they all tend to live in caves, plus they're the strongest of all the Poke Balls (besides the Master Ball) when used at night.
Tch, beat me to it xD

After Dusk, gonna say Quick Ball.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like Quick Balls. They get the job done most of the time and I don't have to fight the Pokemon in that case.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I like the Heal Ball the best I feel it has the most useful effect out of all of the Pokeballs.

Years
I play the game most often during the night time, so I've found that the Dusk Ball has been the most useful for me. I think basically every legendary that I've caught (even the roaming ones) have been in Dusk Balls, and I usually stock up with 20 or 30 of them at the first possible time I get access to them. I do also like the Master Ball, but it takes away any challenge of catching a Pokemon, so I just reserve them for any random Shiny Pokemon I might find.

#isthenumbersign
Years
If I could, I'd catch every Pokemon in a Dive Ball.<33 But they're so hard to come by, I'm not even sure if you can buy them outside of Mossdeep.

Years
Luxury and Dusk balls for me, personally! Those two have some awesome effects. Regular Poke balls are close seconds though, since I just like their simplicity (a lot more than Great and Ultra balls). Dx

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
Timer Ball for those stubborn Pokemon that takes awhile to capture, plus the Pokeball effect isn't too shabby neither.

I also like da Dusk Ball too...it has one of the awesome effect on the game. Plus you use it at night...or inside a cave.

Years
Effect-wise I'd say Dusk Ball and Quick Ball cos they always come in handy.

However my fave appearance wise is the Dive Ball. I just love the colors on it.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Based on usefulness definitely the Dusk Ball and Quick Ball :3.The Dusk Ball was amazing catching stubborn Pokemon at night or those that lurked in caves.It was also helpful catching Pokemon without using a move by chucking a Quick Ball which almost always caught it.

Design wise,I think I honestly love the simple Pokeball and Dive Ball.The Pokeball,it might not be the best at catching,but it's design was so simple yet effective :D. And the Dive Ball,the ocean engraved on it was amazing :3.

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
I'd say the Timer,dusk and quick ball(besides master ball).

They are the best.And they are the most handy ones.
Dusk ball helped me a lot in BW2.
Quick ball gets the job done quickly.
Timer is for Pokemon that takes a while to catch.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I find Ultra Ball overall the most useful of all them, as they have the best consistent catch rate of all of them. Another useful one is the Dusk Ball, as I sometimes play in the dark, and most legendary Pokemon are found in caves, where Dusk Balls get the catch rate boost.

Back