• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gran Turismo 5 or Forza 4?

Which do you prefer?

• Gran Turismo 5!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Forza 4!

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Years
You shouldn't even have to read this.

It's a pretty straightforward question from me. I love racing games, and I'm having a hard time deciding wether I should a PS3 or an XBOX 360. I know GT5 is exclusive to the PS3 and Forza 4 to the XBOX.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
I'm a GT fanboy and I really, really love some aspects of GT5.

But in a lot of regards, GT5 is a disappointment. Lots of cool features that aren't fully implemented or utilized... day/night cycles! Only on certain tracks. Dynamic weather! Only on certain tracks. Cockpit view! Only with certain cars. Track creator! That's actually just a semi-random track generator. The list goes on and on...

So overall, my vote has to go to Forza 4. The graphics still aren't quite as pretty as the GT series, but they do have some advantages: Solid 60 FPS, and none of the absurd levels of screen tearing that you see in GT5. The car selection isn't quite as big in raw numbers, but overall the variety feels greater due to the fewer number of duplicates. The physics in Forza 4 are improved over previous iterations. I personally still prefer the feel of GT's physics, but Forza's may be more realistic.

I sincerly hope that Polyphony Digital one ups Turn 10 with Gran Turismo 6... If they fix all the things that are wrong with GT5, it will be a truly astounding experience.

Back