• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is This A Good Platinum Team?

King Of Pokemon

Pokemon King
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2014
Is this a good platinum team? It is as follows
-Empoleon: Surf, Hydro Cannon, Metal Claw, Drill Peck.
-Roserade; Grass Whistle, Magical Leaf, Toxic, Poison Spikes (Poison Spikes to be replaced)
-Garchomp: Flame Thrower, Fire Blast, two Rock/Ground moves
-Chimecho: Zen Headbutt, Psychic, Rest, Sleep Talk.
-Honchkrow: Fly, Wing Attack, Sucker Punch, Faint Attack.
-Toxitoad: Brick Break, Revenge, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb

What do you think, I'm open to suggestions and I'm attack oriented

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2013
Some of your pokemons doesn't really needed 2 of the same type moves.
Empoleon: I don't use it much, so i can't say much about it except that he's more a sp.atk sweeper so having 1/2 of his moveset as physical atk isn't a great idea
Roserade: Lose the grasswhistle and magical leaf, he has high sp.atk too so get him moves like sludgebomb, leaf storm, or energy ball. Either toxic or poison spikes(personally I'll keep spikes) can be swap with a recovery move since toserade can be quite tank.
Garchomp: he's more of a physical sweeper, get him earthquake and dragon claw/outrage. Keep your flamethrower as type coverage. And finally sword dance for boost in attack.
Chimecho: if you're seriously going for that kind of moveset, just change the pokemon for slowbro or bronzong
Honchkrow:just change wing attack to something else
Toxitoad: get him earthquake, lose the revenge, he's not tank enough to take the hits. Prob change sludge bomb to sword dance, he's phy.atk based

Last edited:

King Of Pokemon

Pokemon King
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2014
I plan on replacing Roserade with a Luxray
This is useful info for a competitive team, but this is just for the gyms Ect.

Years
This team is looking alright so far, but Chimecho's stats are actually pretty bad imo. I mean, check its data and you'll see what I mean. If you want a better Psychic, try getting an Alakazam, which you can catch and evolve from Abra. To evolve into Alakazam it does require trading so if you can't trade then I guess you can't get one.

Also, for a more defensive Psychic, you can try Bronzong, or even catch yourself a Ralts on the route east of Hearthome City and eventually evolve it into a Gardevoir or Gallade, which have pretty good movepools (Gallade especially, since he learns a lot of attacks) plus there's also Espeon, which you can evolve from the Eevee you get from Bebe by maxing out its happiness at daytime. Remember, Eevee can be obtained as you as you reach Hearthome unlike in Diamond and Pearl.

So yeah, quite a few options for Psychic-types in the game.

Also, Toxitoad is not really called that. It's Toxicroak.

King Of Pokemon

Pokemon King
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2014
Thanks, Changing Chimecho is one of the things people have been telling me to do, so i guess Chimechos leaving the group.
You see, when I play Pokemon, I try to keep all my Pokemon from that particular region.
Alakazam and Espeon are good Psychic-Types, but to keep all my Pokemon from Sinnoh, I'll use Bronzong.

Back