• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Pokemon White Team

G-Virus

The B.O.W. King
Years
I've finally been able to EV a pokemon team for Wifi battles and stuff, so I'll just let some more experienced people rate this team since I've actually given them my own chice of EVs.

Here goes:

1. Hydreigon
Nature: Rash
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 def
Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Fire Blast, Crunch
Item: Choice Specs or Life Orb (It REALLY sucks crap whenever you get locked into one attack such as DM or Fireblast, considering their PP and FB's accuracy, I'm screwed when I run out)

2. Haxorus
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 atk/ 252 spe/ 4 def
Moves: Outrage, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Rock Slide
Item: Life Orb

3. Zoroark
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 sp atk/ 252 spe/ 4 sp. def
Moves: Night Daze, Grass Knot, Nasty Plot, Shadow Ball
Item: Bright Powder

4. Chandelure
Nature: Mild
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 speed/ 4 sp.def
Moves: Calm Mind, Protect, Shadow Ball, Fire Blast
Item: Leftovers

5. Volcarona
Nature: Mild
EVs: 252 sp atk/ 252 spe/ 4 HP
Moves: Quiver Dance, Bug buzz, Heat Wave, Psychic

6. Carracosta
Nature: Bold
EVS: 252 def/ 192 sp.def/ 64 atk
Moves: Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge

So if anyone can help me better this, please do.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I've finally been able to EV a pokemon team for Wifi battles and stuff, so I'll just let some more experienced people rate this team since I've actually given them my own chice of EVs.

Here goes:

1. Hydreigon
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 Hp, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spe
Moves: Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Surf, Dark Pulse/Focus Blast/U-Turn
Item: Choice Specs or Life Orb (It REALLY sucks crap whenever you get locked into one attack such as DM or Fireblast, considering their PP and FB's accuracy, I'm screwed when I run out)

It doesn't suck, it's called switching out, Timid nature is the nature you need, Surf and Draco meteor give you neutral coverage against everything and Fireblast is for Ferrothorn & Scizor. Dark Pulse is for STAB against Psychics & Ghosts like Gengar who will try to Focus Blast you. U-Turn is to escape if your put into a battle with a Mienshao or something.

2. Haxorus
EVs: 252 atk/ 252 spe/ 4 def
Moves: Outrage, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Rock Slide

3. Zoroark
EVs: 252 sp atk/ 252 spe/ 4 sp. def
Moves: Night Daze, Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, Focus Blast
Item: Focus Sash

Zoroark need's these moves to cope, once Nasty Plotted up he can be a fears sweepers and a force to be reckoned with.

4. Chandelure
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 speed/ 4 sp.def
Moves: Fire Blast/Overheat, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power [Fighting], Energy Ball/Psychic
Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Specs

Scarf gives Chandelure's mediocre speed a well needed boost, whilst Specs give you monstrous special attack, your choice,

5. Volcarona
EVs: 252 sp atk/ 252 spe/ 4 HP
Moves: Quiver Dance, Bug buzz, Fiery Dance, Hidden Power [Rock/Ground]

Quiver dance your way up to victory, Fiery Dance over other fire moves, since there's a 50% chance of Special Attack raising.

6. Carracosta
EVS: 4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Moves: Shell Smash, Waterfall, Stone Edge/Rock Slide, Earthquake/Aqua Jet

Shell smash is needed, it raises your poor speed and your amazing attack by 2 stages, which means Carracosta can turn into a sweeper, Waterfall for a huge STAB, Rock slide for accuracy and less power, Stone edge for more power but less accuracy, Earthquake to deal with Steel types, or Aqua Jet for revenge killing.

So if anyone can help me better this, please do.

There, my comments & Suggestions are in bold, take them into account, because frankly your team was a nightmare to work with u_u It had poor natures and some not-so-good moves. ;-; but it should be okay now.

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Basically, its a very weak team in terms of combination, nature, items and moves. Firstly, you don't choose two Pokemon of the same type, that's the most basic rule of a strong Pokemon team. Unless you have two Pokemon of the same type which are able to complement each other. There's no point having Chandelure and Volcarona on the same team. You should choose between them on a case by case basis, depending on what kind of battles you'll battle next. For Hydreigon, you should make good use of it's Special Attack. Moves should include a combination of Sp Attack booster and Draco Meteor, you don't need Dragon Pulse anymore. Not sure whether Nasty Plot is compatible with Hydreigon. Basically, rebuild your team. :) Hope this helps

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Basically, its a very weak team in terms of combination, nature, items and moves. Firstly, you don't choose two Pokemon of the same type, that's the most basic rule of a strong Pokemon team. Unless you have two Pokemon of the same type which are able to complement each other. There's no point having Chandelure and Volcarona on the same team. You should choose between them on a case by case basis, depending on what kind of battles you'll battle next. For Hydreigon, you should make good use of it's Special Attack. Moves should include a combination of Sp Attack booster and Draco Meteor, you don't need Dragon Pulse anymore. Not sure whether Nasty Plot is compatible with Hydreigon. Basically, rebuild your team. :) Hope this helps

That's not actually true, sure having different types helps create versatility, but Chandelure and Volcarona cover Bug & Ghost types, If they had two pure Fire types on their team then it would be bad,

Nasty plot and Hydreigon aren't compatible, Draco Meteor is a must, no matter the special attack loss.

Harsh, he just needs a few changes.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Since Vocarona is 4x weak to Stealth Rock, I'd say that Rapid Spin support is a must.
Also, your team has no reliable tanks or intimidaters, so switching can be dangerous.
You should think a bit about what roles your pokes fill and what the goal of your team is. If you do this you will better understand your weaknesses and maybe even figure out a way to overcome them.

Years
G-Virus, here's the results from Marriland Team Builder:

2 Water weaknesses, 2 Ice weaknesses, 2 Ground weaknesses, 2 Bug weaknesses, 2 Dragon weaknesses and your major weakness is Fighting with 3 of your displayed team weak to Fighting-type attacks. So you'll need to rotate according to the information I have.

Back