• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Terra-Poop

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
Years
Ok well this is kinda just another terrakion deck... I placed 2nd at my Pre-Battleroads tourny yesterday.

Pokemon:
4 Terrakion (the good one)
1 Groudon EX

Trainers:
4 PONT
4 Heavy Ball
4 EXP Share
3 Juniper
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Random Receiver
3 Junk Arm
3 Eviolite
3 N
3 Switch
2 Lost Remover
1 Cheren
1 Bianca
1 + Power
1 Dual Ball
1 Enchanced Hammer
1 Revive

Energy:
14 Fighting

This deck is very incomplete as of yet, but it's still good enough to compete with the best. With the new season being BW-On, there won't be any problem at all with Trainer Lock Decks. The only remaining problem is Tornadus Decks. I plan on splashing in a Mewtwo to solve that problem. I also will add more lost removers to deal with those pesky Double Colorlesses that they use.

Overall this deck is good.

It is strong vs Zekeels and Dark Decks! The only problem is Trainer Locks, since you rely SO MUCH on them trainers. I can't wait for Violplume to be rotated!

PS: I just started playing Pokemon on May 5th because of a Dark Explorers Pre-Release. Loved it ever since. I have always been playing the videogames though!

Years
I think you have too few Pokemon. Sure, you have a lot of fetching trainers, but only 5 Pokemon means you've got a very high chance of needing to mulligan at least once every single match, giving your opponent a card advantage early on (since drawing an extra card when your opponent mulligans is optional to begin with, so they do not have to draw each time you mull.).

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
Years
Yeah that's bad. I did want to raise my deck to 2 groudon and 1 mewtwo instead. At my last tournament, I got beat the game where I had to Mulligan 4 times!

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Hey hey hey!! I placed 2nd at the pre-tourney!! it was at San Diego Games and Comics, right? (((im guessing you were in masters, then.))) well, that's cool!

finally one PC member that goez to my league!!

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
If you want to play better versus Tornadus, you could play Ruins of Alph to negate resistance. Eviolite also conflicts with the EXP. Share in this deck, the most valuable card to keep your deck attacking consistently. I also don't think N is a safe card for this deck because your field cannot play itself without a large and versatile hand. Heavy Ball outclasses Dual Ball, so take out Dual Ball. Enhanced Hammer is a weaker version of Lost Remover, and your Lost Remover count is already high, so take out Enhanced Hammer. Groudon EX is also an odd addition to the deck, so you should consider removing it. Cheren (and to a lesser extent, Bianca) is weak supporter to pick up with Random Receiver, so you should take him out.

Your deck would work better with maximum Junk Arm, maximum Pokemon Catcher, and two Revive. More PlusPower is always helpful, because, with the inclusion of one or two Ruins of Alph, you can one-shot Tornadus and two shot Tornadus EX (if the Stadium is removed) with two PlusPowers. It also lets you KO small basic Pokemon early in the game with your 30 damage Revenge. Crushing Hammer is also a strong card in this deck to mess up your opponent's planning and to keep your Terrakion safe with smart plays. Adding a few more energy to your deck couldn't hurt, either, as missing an energy attachment is detrimental to your game.

Last edited:

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
Years
If you want to play better versus Tornadus, you could play Ruins of Alph to negate resistance. Eviolite also conflicts with the EXP. Share in this deck, the most valuable card to keep your deck attacking consistently. I also don't think N is a safe card for this deck because your field cannot play itself without a large and versatile hand. Heavy Ball outclasses Dual Ball, so take out Dual Ball. Enhanced Hammer is a weaker version of Lost Remover, and your Lost Remover count is already high, so take out Enhanced Hammer. Groudon EX is also an odd addition to the deck, so you should consider removing it. Cheren (and to a lesser extent, Bianca) is weak supporter to pick up with Random Receiver, so you should take him out.

Your deck would work better with maximum Junk Arm, maximum Pokemon Catcher, and two Revive. More PlusPower is always helpful, because, with the inclusion of one or two Ruins of Alph, you can one-shot Tornadus and two shot Tornadus EX (if the Stadium is removed) with two PlusPowers. It also lets you KO small basic Pokemon early in the game with your 30 damage Revenge. Crushing Hammer is also a strong card in this deck to mess up your opponent's planning and to keep your Terrakion safe with smart plays. Adding a few more energy to your deck couldn't hurt, either, as missing an energy attachment is detrimental to your game.

~L_X_F

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

I need this kind of advice! I agree with what you tell me. Only one problem though. I feel as though I need more pokemon. Due to Muligans, My opponents get a few more cards than me on the first turn. That's why the N kicks in. It's for early play. I think copy cat may also be good instead of N.

Anyway, that's why I added Groudon. I was thinking about Landorus, but IDK.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Landorus is pretty strong in this deck, but it also has its problems, the main one being bench damage to yourself. It softens up your field to a lot of attacks. It does stray from Terrakion's weakness so Grass Pokemon don't devastate you. Groudon EX is extremely strong during the early stages of the game by putting your opponent's Pokemon closer to knock-outs, most importantly in combination with Ruins of Alph to knock out Tornadus with a single Revenge. There aren't too many "magic numbers" (exact amounts of damage to knock out opposing Pokemon) that Groudon hits for Terrakion, though, so it's still up to debate about the inclusion of it. A deck that focuses on Landorus would probably better appreciate Groudon in its deck because they both spread damage to help power up Groudon's attack, Landorus works well with Shaymin Unleashed because it easily places energy on the field, and both have a neat early-game niche in either energy acceleration and/or fast spread. If you are playing Terrakion as a deck because of it being Fighting type, I suggest you experiment with Groudon EX and Landorus as a deck and see what kind of results you get from it.

N only evens the playing field after multiple mulligans if you have it in your starting hand and you go first. It's highly unlikely that N will make that sort of disruptive impact on your opponent's early game, and it's very likely that it will hinder your late game. You should consider a combination of Professor Juniper, Professor Oak's New Theory, and maybe Bianca as your main draw engine along with multiple Random Receiver. N is strong, but I feel that it doesn't help you as much as it seems in this kind of deck, which relies on a continuous stream of utility cards to stay in the game.

Porynoir

Cool like that...
Years
If you have the money, I think you should try to mix in some of the CMT deck. Maybe add Celebi Prime to up the energy with forest murmers. Or add a bunch of darumaka's or something as test monkeys XD.

Back