• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Global font size.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Is there a way to set a global font size?
For example, I want all fonts to be size 25. So far I've resorted to doing it individually in each event, with the <fs=25> thing, but I was just wondering if there was a way to make it so it's size 25 by default.

Also, is there a way to distribute where the message box appears?
I'm using a HUD, and at the moment, any dialogue or messages overlay the HUD, however I want it so the message box appears above the HUD instead of over it. I know theres the thing that makes the message box appear in the middle, but I only want it above the HUD.

Thanks.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Search def pbRepositionMessageWindow
and
bitmap.font.size
That's about the only help I can give... I think they look right, since you need to change the y positioning a little for message boxes and you'll see the font styles used for each font size too... Why not try it lol.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Both of those seem to affect the "Please refer to the Pokemon Essentials Wiki" splashscreen, but not the Professor Oak and later messages that seem to follow :/

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
An idea I had, if anyone knows, might be to use the /wm so that the window is in the middle, and then change the x and y position that determines where /wm is positioned? I'm not too sure. But then would there be a way to make /wm the default as opposed to /wd?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I'm answering this here rather than responding to your PM to me with the same question, because I think it's unfair to give a private answer to a public question.

Firstly, your PM provided a helpful screenshot of your "above the HUD instead of over it" problem, which really should be put in here too. Here it is:

2cgcuhs.jpg

My answer: I really don't know. You don't just want to reposition the messages that are displayed by an event's "Show Text" command, you want to reposition every message that would show while you're looking at the field. There probably isn't a way to differentiate between these messages and some other messages that don't need moving, which would at least make it an utter pain to cope with.

I imagine, if you must have a HUD, rather than one of the myriad of better options, that your best bet may be to look into dual screens, with the HUD on the second screen. I don't know anything about dual screens, though. Alternatively, you can jiggle things around a bit and call it a feature (i.e. message boxes intentionally cover the HUD).

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
I'm answering this here rather than responding to your PM to me with the same question, because I think it's unfair to give a private answer to a public question.

Firstly, your PM provided a helpful screenshot of your "above the HUD instead of over it" problem, which really should be put in here too. Here it is:

2cgcuhs.jpg

My answer: I really don't know. You don't just want to reposition the messages that are displayed by an event's "Show Text" command, you want to reposition every message that would show while you're looking at the field. There probably isn't a way to differentiate between these messages and some other messages that don't need moving, which would at least make it an utter pain to cope with.

I imagine, if you must have a HUD, rather than one of the myriad of better options, that your best bet may be to look into dual screens, with the HUD on the second screen. I don't know anything about dual screens, though. Alternatively, you can jiggle things around a bit and call it a feature (i.e. message boxes intentionally cover the HUD).

Okay, thank you anyway Maruno. Do you know how I could go about resizing the sprites? This is the code that presents them:-

# Draw the pokémon icons
for i in 0...$Trainer.party.size
pokeicon=IconSprite.new(120+64*i,yposition-8,@viewport1)
pokeicon.setBitmap(pbPokemonIconFile($Trainer.party))
pokeicon.src_rect=Rect.new(0,0,64,64)
pokeicon.opacity=(160)
@hud.push(pokeicon)
end
# Adjust z of every @hud sprite
for sprite in @hud
sprite.z+=600
end
end

Sorry I keep double posting, but could changing this work?

elsif control=="wd"
atTop=false
msgwindow.y=(Graphics.height)-(msgwindow.height)
msgback.y=msgwindow.y if msgback
pbPositionNearMsgWindow(facewindow,msgwindow,:left)
msgwindow.y=Graphics.height-(msgwindow.height*(20-signWaitCount)/20)

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
In PokemonMessages, before line 'break if !letterbyletter' add:

Code:
msgwindow.y=(Graphics.height)-(msgwindow.height)-64
msgback.y=msgwindow.y if msgback
pbPositionNearMsgWindow(facewindow,msgwindow,:left)
msgwindow.y=Graphics.height-(msgwindow.height*(20-signWaitCount)/20)-64

Probably this results in collateral effects.

To resizing the sprites: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7742690&postcount=10

Back