• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with scripts and in need of back animations

thedudemister

Pokemon: New Order
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2013
I was wondering if someone could help me with these scripts. I need the Pokemon positions to change. I know that by changing what comes after Graphics.height changes the Y coordinate (I tried to add Graphics.width but it did not work). How do you change the x coordinate in the following code for both Pokemon?
Code:
def adjustBattleSpriteYEx(metrics,sprite,species,index)
  ret=0
  if index==1 || index==3   # Foe Pokémon
    ret=(index==1) ? -14 : -30
    ret+=(metrics[1][species] || 0)*2 # enemy Y
    ret-=(metrics[2][species] || 0)*2 # altitude
    halfY=(sprite.bitmap &&
       !sprite.bitmap.disposed?) ? sprite.bitmap.height/2 : 64
    ret+=(64-halfY)
    ret+=((Graphics.height-350)*3/4).floor              # Adjust for screen size
  else                      # Player's Pokémon
    ret=(index==0) ? 96 : 112
    ret+=16
    ret+=(metrics[0][species] || 0)*2
    spriteheight=(sprite.bitmap && 
       !sprite.bitmap.disposed?) ? sprite.bitmap.height : 128
    ret+=(128-spriteheight)
    ret+=(Graphics.height-350)                          # Adjust for screen size
  end
  return ret
end

Also I am in need of animated back sprites like to ones from " Ultimate BW Pack for Pokemon Essentials". However I need full animated backs, I don't want the ones that are cut in half. Anyone know where I can find them?

Thank you,

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
How do you change the x coordinate in the following code for both Pokemon?
You don't. The name of the method makes it obvious it sets the y-coordinate only.

The x-coordinate of battler sprites are set in various places in the script section PokeBattle_ActualScene, depending on the circumstances. Search for x coordinate to find two of them, and @sprites["pokemon1"].x to find the third (note that in the third case the sprites start off-screen before sliding in).

thedudemister

Pokemon: New Order
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2013
You don't. The name of the method makes it obvious it sets the y-coordinate only.

The x-coordinate of battler sprites are set in various places in the script section PokeBattle_ActualScene, depending on the circumstances. Search for x coordinate to find two of them, and @sprites["pokemon1"].x to find the third (note that in the third case the sprites start off-screen before sliding in).
Thank you very much. Worked perfectly.

Anyone know about the full back sprites that are animated?

Back