• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Muani Art

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
hi im muani i draw sometimes apparently, mostly fanart for evangelion, danganronpa, madoka magica, evangelion, did i mention evangelion

up-to-date as of 4 november

sorry for pagestretchers

Danganronpa fanart

Spoiler:

Madoka Magica fanart

Spoiler:

Evangelion fanart

Spoiler:

Personal art / misc

Spoiler:

Dot Flow fanart

Spoiler:

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Hello, Muani. You've got some nice stuff on your DA. But to post a gallery here, you're supposed to post at least four examples of your works here in this thread itself. Linking/directing users to your DA or tumblr counts as advertisement and it is against PC rules. You can make another thread once you've acquired the minimum of fifteen posts that'll enable you to post pictures here. Or you may just attach images in your opening post. Would you like to do that? I'll give you some time to edit this post and attach four of your works here. If not, I'll have to close this thread. :(

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
I am unable to post URL's at the time, so for now feel free to delete or lock this thread. Thank you!

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Apologize for another post in a row..

work in progress shot

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
That's a very interesting style you have!

I'm a sucker for cats, so I kind of instantly love your art. Your lighting and shading is excellent in the first picture, so I definitely commend you for that. It seems like you're very well acquainted with feline anatomy, so more of your drawing are dead-on in that department-- that, and it's nice to see you taking creative liberties by adding horns. ;3 I also love the color choices of the second picture, those little paws are just precious. ;o;

Overall, I think I like this work the best. Those flowers, although not the most detailed, work seamlessly with the picture. And the small amount of glow around the cat's eye is just perfect. It's really easy to overdo it with something like that, but you really used it just right. n_n; My biggest complaint though, is that none of the tails look like they have fur on them. They're too sleek and it looks like they fold like clothing. Of course, that may be intentional due to the more supernatural nature of some of your cats.

Can't wait to see how your latest WIP turns out. I'm definitely a fan! :D

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Thank you so much for the critique! I absolutely love criticism of all kinds. I'll take into account what you said about how I draw tails. It's sort of something that's developed itself into my style now, but I'll do my best to improve when I can.

As for the work in progress above.. I will probably work on it more today or tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Here, is a quick picture showing how I do drawings step by step..

Spoiler:

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
It's my sister's character, Samael, who's some kind of devil I think.

Thanks for looking!

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Bump.. I haven't been here in a while!

Televisions!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

derozio

Years
I think you should put a "Contains partial nudity" warning before the Evangelion piece. It looks fantastic, though, must say. There's just one thing about it that irks me, though - is she actually smiling in the picture? Her eyes depict 'shock'. As if she's just been betrayed by someone she trusted. But her mouth changes things a bit. It's almost as if she's enjoying this twisted pain she's going through or enjoying the fact that she's dying. Sorry, haven't really seen the series so I don't know about the characters and their story. point being I'm clueless about the context of this picture and so I'm confused. :(

Your cat pieces are really well done. But there's just too much of them in this thread, haha. Not like that's a bad thing; they're all fantastic. But I just wish to see you do more of different stuff. Something like your evangelion piece. ;]

Anyway, some really nice work here. Incorporation of proper lighting in some of your pieces (the first one in this thread for example) and that quite a lot of them have depth prevents them from coming off as flat and boring pieces, imo. Your coloring and shading is pretty spot on for most of your pieces. My favorites out of all your works would be the oh-so-obvious Evangelion piece, 'televisions' and this one. They're all extremely well done. So good job. Keep posting more of your stuff - I very much enjoy going through them! :)

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Wow, thank you so very much for the critiques! I'm glad you enjoy my work so much that you took the time to write all of this out.

Oh, and, in the scene during the movie, she's actually smiling the entire time. It's a bit creepy.

I'm probably going to practice humans and some other animals during summer break in a few weeks.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Wow Muani, your latest pieces are really great.

I especially love this one. It's color pallet is so simplistic but the theme and the small touches like the shadow make it so much greater than sum of the parts. That, and it reminds me so much of my own cat. Like, my cat would see a bunch of precariously stacked televisions, and would not resist the urge to climb them. :3

As for your other pieces, I have to say I'm a fan. Your Evangalion piece in specific. I especially like how interpretive your lighting and shading style is.

Keep'em coming please!

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Wow, you are all so good at giving constructive criticism! It's all so nice to see this kind of posts, I don't really know how to respond.

I'm so glad that you guys like my drawings C: It means a lot.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i must say your drawings are very amazing. especially the one of the one from the evangelion movie. i love the how realistic it is and you can feel the person's emotions just by the eyes.
you have a knack for drawing cats, i must say. they are so cute. i especially love the one with the tv's. i wish the drawing was cropped though since the left side is empty. if you were using that as a background though, it would be perfect.
you should try drawing other animals, i bet you would be amazing. can't wait to see more.

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Thanks!

Hello friends.. I have not been here in a while! I am working hard to improve my backgrounds and overall composition.

Both of these first two are inspired by various scenes from Evangelion 3.33. Go watch it!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Here, I did a wallpaper for myself. It's bigger than this one posted.

Spoiler:

And of course, thank you for the lovely critiques and the ones I may get in the future..! I could not be more grateful.

Last edited:

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Sorry for double-post!

Spoiler:

^ If you don't know, it's a drawing of this character here. I don't think I posted it..
Spoiler:

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Really sorry for triple-post, but, needs to bump this thread.. No intention to "spam".

Spoiler:

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Quadruple post.. oops.

new wallpaper for myself

Spoiler:

derozio

Years
Hey, you love cats, don't you? I know, I know, I'm awesome like that. I can find out what people like just like that. /brick'd

lmao, anyway, getting to the main stuff - I see you've been doing a lot of BW art. Out of all the ones you've posted, this one probably has to be my favorite. I just love the angle. The scene looks great. <3; Another one which I absolutely adore is this one. It looks really nice as well. Why I like the latter even thought there are a few more of these BW pieces with a cat in them? The cat just seems to blend-in seamlessly in the background in the aforementioned piece. And, at the same time, it manages to stand out since the cat's basically the focus of the image and is intended to stand out when compared to other stuff in BG. That's not the case with some other works, I feel. This one, for instance. I really like the way you've done the piece and the positioning of the cat - you're a natural when it comes to cats, after all - but the cat itself just doesn't seem to blend in with all that's going on around her. I mean, it's nice to have the focus stand out but...the cat here just stands out a bit too much, imo.

Just my two cents, you know. And I'd really, really love it if you somehow updated this more often with non-cat works. It is apparent how good you are when it comes to cats and there are quite a lot of your pieces that revolve around them. Would love to see more diversity. The evangelion pieces, for example, are among the stuff that I'd like to see more. Or even stuff from other anime! Or even other manga/manhwa (Gawd I'd so love to see a piece from you having a character from the korean manhwa "The Breaker" - JUST LOOK AT THE SMEXY GUY IN MY CURRENT THEME!!). Though that's just a little wish 'o mine. =p Anyway, great work like always! This gallery should get more love. What are you doing, A&D peeps!?! :<

Back