• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My New PokemonWhite Team! [Help with my moveset]

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
Hi guys! i really whanna join this "competative Battling" and i really want to make a team, so far i know what pokemon im using.

Toxicroak:
Ev's On Attack And Speed

RockSlide
Sword Dance
Shadow Ball
Earthquake?

Flygon
Ev's on Special Attack + Special defence

Fire Blast
Dragon Claw
U-Turn?
Substitute

Banette
Ev's on ???

Shadow Claw
Thunder
Toxic
Hex

Levanny
Ev's on Sp Attack and Speed

Leaf Storm
Leaf Blade
Swords Dance
SubStitute

Mamoswine
Ev's on Defence + Special Defence

Earthquake
Ice Fang
Toxic
StoneEdge

And my last pokemon i dont know which one i should use, But i have been thinking of a Sturdy Water pokemon to cover the weaknesses or a Grass one, so far ive been thinking about Ducklett's evoltion ( forgot its name ) since its Half Water Half Bird and would cover its Grass weaknesses.

If any of you have a suggestion for any improvements on the move set or completly changing the moveset OR even have a idea of the pokemon that i should add in Please Take a secound and Post it :)

Thanks!

CloudNine

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 23, 2014
I'd say switch Flygon to Physical Attack. EV's should be 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe. Replace Fire Blast and Dragon Claw for Fire Punch and Outrage. Or if you cant get those moves, try removing Substitute and Dragon Claw for Draco Metor and Earthquake. EV's should be 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe. I would consider replacing Banette for a SP.A or a Bulky pokemon, unless you're going for a NU team. Again with Leavanny, I would remove Leaf Storm and replace it with X Scissor. For Toxicroak, if you're going Sword Dance build. Go with Cross Chop, Sucker Punch, and Ice Punch. For Mamoswine, switch Toxic to Stealth Rock and Ice Fang to Ice Shard. He could be your starting Pokemon, so you can place Stealth Rock first. You can always add a Swanna or Crobat as you're last Pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:

CloudNine

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 23, 2014
Swanna // Naive or Rash // 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

- Surf
- Hurricane
- Brave Bird
- Roost or Ice Beam

No problem

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
Thanks!

Thanks alot you have been very helpful with my Team :) Just one more question, Do you know any good resorces for Ev Training?

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012

im thinking of changing that bannette for a chanderula ( the lamp thingy pokemon ) Is it a good idea? if so do you know a decent move set for chanderula? Thanks alot! you have been amazing hel

-Edit-
Nevermind i got a good set,

252 SpAtk 252 Speed 4 Def

Overheat
Shadowball
Hidden Power
Energy Ball

If theres any Negative things about my Attacks, Please Tell me :)

Thank you [Serebii Ftw.)

Last edited:

CloudNine

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 23, 2014
Yeah that's a good set, make sure your Hidden Power is Fighting though and no problem. I hope that EV Training Guide helped you to.

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2012
Just watch out for Swanna's 4x weakness to electric, being that it's Water/Flying

Back