• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cat Fight - Favorite Feline Species

Years
Cat Fight!

tumblr_mbnmc9tNVo1qlc7c9o1_500.jpg

Vote for your favorite Feline Pokemon:

1. Meowth/Persian - The Scratch Cat and Classy Cat Pokemon
2. Skitty/Delcatty - The Kitty and Prim Pokemon
3. Zangoose - The Cat Ferret Pokemon
4. Absol - The Disaster Pokemon
5. Shinx/Luxio/Luxray - The Flash, Spark, and Gleam Pokemon
6. Glameow/Purugly - The Catty and Tiger Cat Pokemon
7. Purrloin/Liepard - The Devious and Cruel Pokemon​

Not included, eeveelution or any legendary's (Entei, Raikou, Mew).

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'm really not that big of a cat fan, but then i saw you included Absol.
Absol is one of my favorite dark types, i like his design, and the fact that he can
foresee disasters. And he doesn't look like your ordinary cat/feline imo.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Absol's not really a cat, but based off of like a bunch of myths tossed in a blender I guess (Bulbagarden). That thing does have a fantastic design though, I love it ^^

And why not Entei/Raikou/Suicune? They're all based of of myths in big cat form, Raikou as a tiger, Suicune as mainly a leopard (though this one's got a lot of different species thrown in), and Entei the fu-lion. I adore them all :3

But since the legendary beasts don't count, I'm voting for the Skitty/Delcatty line. Love love love them.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Kind of hard to decide, since I love them all equally... if I have to pick its an equal tie between Persian and Liepard!! In Pokemon Black, I'm playing an all Cat Team (currently: Purrloin M, Purrloin F, Skitty M - need to PokeTransfer from Pearl: Shinx M, Meowth F, Glameow F).

Persian has always been a long favorite of mine, from the 1st generation all the way up to the 5th generation.

Liepard took over as top cat when I first laid my eyes on it.

I like my otter and weasel Pokemon now, I still cannot forget my love for the PokéFelines.

by the way, sorry just have to let this part in:
• Zangoose - The Cat Ferret Pokemon
• Absol - The Disaster Pokemon
Not included, eeveelution or any legendary's (Entei, Raikou, Mew).
• Zangoose to me looks more like a marten then a ferret [forgot to mention: half cat - half marten in my view]
• Absol doesn't look like a cat
• Entei, Raikou and the Eeveelutions look more like dogs than cats.

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Kind of hard to decide, since I love them all equally... if I have to pick its an equal tie between Persian and Liepard!! In Pokemon Black, I'm playing an all Cat Team (currently: Purrloin M, Purrloin F, Skitty M - need to PokeTransfer from Pearl: Shinx M, Meowth F, Glameow F).

Persian has always been a long favorite of mine, from the 1st generation all the way up to the 5th generation.

Liepard took over as top cat when I first laid my eyes on it.

I like my otter and weasel Pokemon now, I still cannot forget my love for the PokéFelines.

by the way, sorry just have to let this part in:

• Zangoose to me looks more like a marten then a ferret
• Absol doesn't look like a cat
• Entei, Raikou and the Eeveelutions look more like dogs than cats.

Lol I'm so sorry, but it's like my PokePetPeeve xD I have no idea how people see them (Raikou, Entei, Suicune) as more like dogs, they're more than anything big cats xD Entei looks kinda like a mastiff or a big ol' dog, but way more like a lion. I'm sorry, they're my favorite legendaries I'm weird about that :P But yeah, Eeveelutions like sort of like fox/cat/cute critter hybrids.

Years
Haha, I knew this would become a question of, which pokemon IS a cat!

I had some trouble of deciphering for myself. Zangoose, I never though of as a cat, until I really looked at it, and it is officially a cat ferret. It does look more feline when it is on all fours.

Zangoose_Rape_Face_by_zangooserapefaceplz.jpg

And Absol, well, he reminds me of an ominous black cat. Bulbapedia does say he is a 'felid" species.

Years
My favorite cat-based Pokemon would definitely have to be Purrloin and its evolution Liepard, I had a try at using one with Prankster in Random Battles on the Showdown server and oh god was it beastly!

Also, I like how cool it looks compared to the other cats and the fact that it's theme is based on stealing, and it learns Thief as well which makes sense.

Years
^ I like those two as well.

Liepard is my favorite too! Though, persian is a close second. Actually, all of these pokemon are some of favorites, except for Zangoose. Which I do not particularly dislike, I am just not a fan.

I feel bad for Purugly; I've always been fond of it, but I seem to be the only one. haha.

Years
I can't say as I've used any of the cat-like Pokemon extensively aside from Absol, but I've always felt it to be some combination of a mountain goat and large cat, so I won't choose it (or Zangoose as my favorite).

Out of those remaining, Meowth is probably my favorite of the cats. Part of that reason is because of Team Rocket's Meowth in the anime- one of the few Pokemon we've seen that can actually talk. The other reason is because it has Pickup, which is part of the reason that I used Meowth on FireRed in the first place.

blue

gucci
Years
I like all of the feline Pokemon and I'm hoping for a couple more in the upcoming X and Y, but out of the current list I'd go for Purrlion and Liepard. Their designs are great, I've used them many times and out of all of the feline Pokemon, they're my favorite.

tnfsf11

I would have said Meowth, but I guess here we're speaking of the the games not the anime :\ I think Meowth was such a sweet addition to Team Rocket, I still can't forget his crush for the medicine girl from "Problem with Paras" :D lol

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I maybe the only one but I like Glameow the best, it may not be as cute as the others but it makes up for that with it's movepool and stats.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
That's actually a really difficult choice because I like Persian and Delcatty equally. If I had to pick then I'd go with Persian because I've used it more, but Delcatty is cuter.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I have a soft spot for Meowth. Sure, it's only because of the anime, but I was always a sucker for the lil' guy's antics on the show. In terms of their in-game abilities, none of them particularly strike a chord with me, so I'mma have to go with their designs, of which Meowth is the definitive winner by a country mile.

H0tB3ans

What is Sylveon?~
Years
Meowth, because of the anime. Just a little cat, minding his own business, oh yeah, don't forget to mention that he can talk and he's in the notorious gang, Team Rocket! I always fell for the little guy's crazy antics, and then his weird accent ... >=3

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
The only one I ever actively used in the games was Zangoose, and it's one of my favorite pokémon so I guess I'll choose that one.

Meowth and Purrloin and their evolutions are pretty cool too, though. The idea behind Meowth is a bit strange to me, but Persian looks nice. Purrloin's idea is good and it works well that it is a dark type. Still, I don't use any of them in the game, except for Purrloin in the beginning of Gen V because there aren't really many to choose from at that point.

Meowth was really good in the anime where they showed a boy being friends with one. A non-talking Meowth, that is. It kicked and stuff and after that, I liked Meowth more.

Back