• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking to build the ultimate and impossible collection

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
Years
Hey guys, I'm not really into the TCG, but I love collecting the cards. I have plenty of rare ones, and I know how to find the rarity of cards and schtuff like that. But I want to collect every English card for every Pokemon. Ever released. Yes. A massive feat. But I do know how to find most of the cards online. So why do I make this thread?

I can't find cheap prices for good condition cards. I'm not the sort of person who'll spend twenty bucks on a Charizard card that's been preserved for a decade. I just want okay condition cards at low prices.

I don't want warped, bent, or torn cards. I don't really mind scratches and scuffs.
I don't want cards that are okay condition, at wicked high prices.

Does anyone know where I can get these old, and out of print cards at fair prices? I've checked eBay and Amazon. Are there any other sites that sell Pokemon cards?

Thanks!
*~Maelstrom~*

Years
There are other sites, but eBay and Amazon are the most likely places you'll find them and the ones that have the easiest routes to getting refunded and not getting scammed.

And you won't be able to find a 1st Edition Base Set Charizard for less than $40 unless there's something very wrong with it. It's a very sought after card. If you want all versions of all English cards, you'll have to be willing to spend more than $20 on some of the cards, as those are what are considered fair prices for a lot of the rarer cards. There's no way they can all be had for dirt cheap. You can certainly find most of the commons for dirt cheap, but that's because they'll usually be bundled together by the 50s or by the 100s.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
From buying around 15 packs of HS Undaunted ($45), I've collected almost every common and uncommon plus some rares and Primes, so that is a good way of starting out. Once you have the majority of the collection, use sites like eBay and Amazon to buy the remaining cards like donavannj mentioned. You could also sell the duplicates to earn extra money. Most of my rare cards like ex, LV. X, etc. were bought from eBay, with most of them costing ~$15.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
i go to a leage and trade my cards when you have duplicates that are rare you can get some good cards sometimes you can trade common cards if somebody likes it like one of my frends loves psyduck and i mean loves.

Back