• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Fire Red Leaf Green NPC Overworld Sprite Pack

Years
Fire Red Leaf Green NPC Overworld Sprite Pack + Variant Sprite Pack

I don't really like the art style of RSE, so I decided to put together a pack of NPC overworld sprites from Fire Red/Leaf Green.

I put it together rather quickly, so there may be a few errors, plese let me know if you find any.

A few sprites are missing moving animations, but they are mainly gym leaders, npcs that are behind counters, etc, so they are not meant to move anyway.
I decided not to include the Pokemon sprites because the rips from HGSS and BW are better and have the proper animations.

UPDATE*
I have also put together a pack of 40 something edited variant sprites. Most of these are just small edits, like new hair or clothes colours, but I have also mixed a few heads and bodies.
You can use these sprites to add a bit of variety to your game.

Also, I noticed an error with one of the sprites in the original pack. I have updated the pack with the fixed sprite.
If you downloaded the pack please replace the incorrect sprite with this one.
frlgnpc22.png

Credits:
Compiled and edited into RMXP format by Cast using sprites ripped by Silentninja found on http://spriters-resource.com (And a small number ripped by myself).
Please give credit if used.

NPC Overworld Sprite Pack
Download:
http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/90211791/file.html

exampleks.png

NPC Overworld Variants
http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/14538462/file.html
npcvar.png

Last edited:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Very nice. If I ever do a fire red/leafgreen style game I will definitely use these. I am making a HGSS and BW style game though right now. Good job

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I don't see as many people using this over the Avatar's FR OW kit.
Since he's got all the pokemon in game too.
Which would actually help when making an FRLG style game, to fit the spriting style.

Years
I only put this together because I couldn't find any other FRLG packs and I wanted to use them for my own project.
It wasn't until after I finished everything that I found that I had actually downloaded a big rar file a while back that included a completed set. This might be the pack your talking about.
I decided to upload my pack because I couldn't find any links to the pack that I downloaded, and I figured it would be a waste to not do anything with it. Giving it it's own topic will also help people find what they are looking for easier and not be stupid like me and waste time making their own pack when there is already one available...

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Giving it it's own topic will also help people find what they are looking for easier and not be stupid like me and waste time making their own pack when there is already one available...
Too late. That's exactly what I've done over the past week.

Never mind, eh? :P

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
In this topic: People wasting time with rework because them won't spend some minutes searching in the requests thread.

I am showing the links with the pack with FrLg tilesets in requests thread at least five times. No wonder that this Game Dev Community slowly advance.

Too late. That's exactly what I've done over the past week.

Never mind, eh? :P
I pointed the links for you at least three times, the last is around five days ago.

Last edited:

RaulCortez

Maybe active...sometimes?
Years
In this topic: People wasting time with rework because them won't spend some minutes searching in the requests thread.

I am showing the links with the pack with FrLg tilesets in requests thread at least five times. No wonder that this Game Dev Community slowly advance.

I pointed the links for you at least three times, the last is around five days ago.

FL, the only link i've found that you're referencing in a pack is the one done by Final Destination, but the link is broken. Maybe that's not the one? I'm looking for NPC's as well...

Years

I did a search but couldn't come up with anythng. I think someone else requested them and you posted a link around the same time I finished.
I wish I had found them earlier so I didn't waste time. But, oh well, hopefully someone will find it useful.

Years
I have updated the original post with an NPC Variant pack. It contains a number of edited sprited that you can use to add some variation to your NPCs.
I have also posted an updated sprite of one from the original pack that was incorrect. If you downloaded the pack please replace the incorrect sprite with this one.
frlgnpc22.png

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
These sprites all look awesome! I have a quick question for you, since you seem to know what you're doing... Is there a way to have a few RSE sprites (Steven, Magma Grunts (M and F), Archie, and Norman) have compatible palettes in Fire Red?

Years
^I'm not really sure what you mean. Are you talking about compatible palettes for a ROM hack? I don't know much about that so you would have to ask in the rom hacking section, sorry.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2023
Do you happen to have them in original game size? I'm reprogramming a pokemon engine in java and i need them original sized. since i'm already scaling the view on rendering.

Years
Hey cast, could you do me a mega huge favor and make some overworld sprites for this
trainer. Pretty please?
Spoiler:

The image is large so you can see the character in decent detail.
Also, a tutorial on inserting overworld sprites would be nice :) I can't seem to find any for fire red/leaf green

Years
Do you happen to have them in original game size? I'm reprogramming a pokemon engine in java and i need them original sized. since i'm already scaling the view on rendering.

No, sorry, but you could try resizing them yourself. Shrinking them by 50% should bring them back down to the original size. If you have photoshop you can set up a macro to do it automatically.

Naruto200 said:
Hey cast, could you do me a mega huge favor and make some overworld sprites for this trainer. Pretty please?

Sorry bro, but I'm not a spriter, I only edited these sprites, I'm no good at creating originals.

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
Hey cast, could you do me a mega huge favor and make some overworld sprites for this
trainer. Pretty please?
Spoiler:

The image is large so you can see the character in decent detail.
Also, a tutorial on inserting overworld sprites would be nice :) I can't seem to find any for fire red/leaf green

I can help you with that >_>

Back