• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your fondest memories

Years
If the GB/GBA system was the platform where you learned the ropes and spent the most time Pokemon gaming, those moments will sure be unforgettable. I, for one, played Pokemon Emerald as my debut Pokemon game.

Even though the GB/GBA Pokemon games have now been overshadowed by the DS generation series, Emerald still remains as my favorite game. Sure, the gen 4 and gen 5 games offer bleeding edge graphics, improved gameplay, new Pokemon, and many other enhancements. But those 2D graphics, old fashioned game mechanics and the nostalgic soundtracks will always hold a special place in my heart. And I will NEVER forget that feeling I got when I defeated the Elite Four for the very first time...

So what were YOUR fondest memories?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Sure, the gen 4 and gen 5 games offer bleeding edge graphics,
No. Nonononononono. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
NO
The art design in the newer Pokemon games is awful, and the graphics are degrading and boring to look at. Should have stuck with 2D art and made it more interesting. DS has so many beautiful games so I don't see how one of its biggest games are also the ugliest.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. Getting the PS1 with all the Crash games is probably the memory I cherish most regarding my video game "career", since it's how it all started. It doesn't hurt that the games are sublime and inspirational.
I guess getting the GBA and Pokemon Ruby (which was a "MIRACLES DO HAPPEN" moment to me at that time) and the GCN + Mario Sunshine come close second, though I don't think highly of the games anymore compared to Crash, which is still king of its type of platformer. Pokemon bores me now with its yearly rehashes, and Sunshine while I loved is outclassed by Galaxy.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My fondest memories were on my N64 and partially my PSX. It reminds me of being a kid where I would watch my dad play video games for hours on end, and how in every game where you could name other people he would name characters after my sister and I and read all the text in silly voices and how I thought he was a gaming god for getting much farther in every game than I ever could. :)

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
The hours I spent with my SNES playing through A Link to the Past and Final Fantasy VI will never be forgotten. I think that's the time I enjoyed gaming the most. I dunno exactly what it was about playing those games, but I've never had that sort of fun since.

Back