• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite type and why?

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
My favorite type is water.I also think it is the best.
Why?Many reasons why.
-My first pokemon was Empoleon in Pokemon Pearl
-few weaknesses and can cover most of those weaknesses
-Very strong in defensive stats and useful offensively
-stats are spread out evenly
-Few types resist this
-Water is the most common type in all pokemon

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Dark cause alot of them are my favorite: Umbreon, Absol, Scrafty, Krookodile, Darkrai, Mightyena, Stuktank, Hydreigon ,Tyranittar ,Zorua/Zoroark. Alot of cool and powerful Pokemon and good set of moves with secondary effects such as Crunch, Bite and Faint Attack. It's probably why I'm the owner of the Dark-type club of PC.

Second favorite is probably Grass cause my favorite Pokemon, Treecko is a Grass type.

Years
Fire probably. A lot of my favourite Pokemon are fire types (Arcanine, Rapidash, Cyndaquil) so are a lot of my favourite moves. :) So I guess there's no real other reason than that.

Gym Leader Whitney

Normal Type Gym Leader
Years
Normal Types all the way, because they are the cutest cuddly pretty and can be very strong.
Examples include, my Miltank, Snorlax, Furret, Porygon Z, Blissey, Eevee, and the normal type legendary Meloetta which is simply adorable :3

Gym Leader Whitney~

Years
Yeah, there's... Electric... Steel... Poison... Fire... There's a lot of types I like.

But if I had to choose a favorite type, it has to be Electric. It has the crippling Thunder Wave, moves like Thunderbolt and Zap Cannon. The Pokémon of it tend to have hight Speed and decent Special Attack and most have cool designs.

618.gif

I said MOST.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I used to be a big fan of water-type pokémon. Vaporeon was my all-time favourite. That's changed to normal-type, because as Gym Leader Whitney said, "they're cute, cuddly, pretty and can be very strong".

My top favourite is now Eevee, because of all it's eeveelutions.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Grass is the best type. Lots of typing combos, even though a lot of them are poison. ;P And Tropius is my favorite Pokemon, so that works out well.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Electric!
Pikachu Line, Emolga, Pachurisu, Plusle Minun, all those little rodent pokemon!
And awesome ones such as Raikou, Zapdos, Thunderus, etc.
Pikakitten, Fire/Electric Type.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Psychic, definitely. Their powers seem to amaze me so much, and they're so mysterious. Electric would have to be second.

TheCollector

Merely a collector
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2014
Normal.

Normal:
+ Only one weakness, immune to Ghost but at the same time can't hit Ghost with STAB unless you can counter-moves for that.
+ Varied movepool, most Normal types can learn moves of different types.
+ Allround stat-wise.
+ Wide variety of Normal Pokémon to choose from.

Normal type is more or less a "default" type, you'll probably have one, but it doesn't stick out all that much. Normal type Pokémons are workman-like and do the job without shining (pun intended) all too much.

FiyahKitteh

Bubbly Fiyah kitteh
Years
Well, clearly I like Water---naw, just kidding. It's FIYAH! =D

Why? Because Fire is my element. And honestly, I just feel closest to that.
IMO there are way too little cool FIYAH Pokémon though. >.<

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Definitely Normal-type Pokemon. Ice, Water, and Grass closely follow that but I love the versatility with Normal-types.

One of my absolute favorite Pokemon is Minccino, closely followed by Cinccino.​

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like Water because Mudkip was the first starter I picked ever, and Water also has good neutral coverage in battle.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Dragon Types are my undisputed fave, They are tough to train but happen to be VERY clutch Pokemon. The only dragon Pokemon I don't like is Garchomp.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
Fire types for me. I've always had a fondness towards them since I started watching Pokemon as a toddler

Turboblaze

Blazing Aura
Years
It's close between fire and electric with me but I think fire has a slight edge. Fire type Pokemon tend to be some of the strongest and also usually specialize in my favorite stat which is special attack.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2013
Hmm I seem to be weak against any kind of fighting type so I guess I am a dark user.

My favourite pokemons are mostly dark-types but I seem to like them the most
Groundtypes are a close second. I cant remember if there is a ground/dark-TYPE though (besides that awful Scorpion thing )

Back