• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

What do you think of my game/story so far?

• Brilliant!! you should work for gamefreak!!

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Awesome!!

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • adverage...

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • it could use some work....

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • your an inslult to pokémon fans!!!

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
Logo.png

Intro.png

Hello all. You may or may not know me but im JJMcay and i have allways loved Pokémon and Dinosaurs and one day i thaught how awesome it would be if i could incorperate them both in a game so that is how Pokémon: Dawn of the Dinos was born.

Storyline-Plot.png

You, 13 years of age are awoken to the sweet sweet sound of your newly repaird PokéPalms phone ringing away. You quickly answer the phone to discover that it is your local pokémon professor, Professor Willow who also happens to be your best friends uncle. He asks you to come around to run an errand for him. You arrive at the lab and are asked by the professor to take his Chipskunk and send a parcel to his Co-Worker and Sister (Also your best friends Mother), Professor Maple. You make the journey through the route's connecting Maybok town and SkyLeaf City. once you get to the post office you are dissapointed to see that the post office is closed. on your way back you find two men blocking your path and refusing to let you through eventualy forcing you to take the long way around witch the professor advised you not to do . as you near your hometown you see two men surrounding three pokémon that you have never seen before. you ask them what they are doing but thay are both startled and run away... the ground begins to shake and a small crack forms in the ground. you dont know what elce to do so you quikly grab all three pokémon and rush back to the professor not even thinking that the pokemon may try to attack you. you make it back to the professor and he is shocked by your findings. he takes the pokémon and the parcel from you and offers you one of the three pokémon you have just found soon as he was going to give you one anyway. he keeps the other two for reasearch and eventualy you and he solve the puzzle finding out that if those three pokémon are ever in the same place at any one given time a large rip opens up in the earth from witch hundreds of thousands of pre-historic pokémon come erupting from. you travel to Razorblade City where you find a girl who knows more of this legend and who possibly may be trying to forfill it but will only spill the beans if you battle her. She turns out to be a Gym leader and thus you receive your firs badge, and the infomation needed to continue on your journy. Team Jurassic a group of corrupted Pokètoligests lead by Cronos, a sick twisted man with nothing in his head but evil scheemes, are attempting to forfill the
Mesozoic Profosy (Ecplained Below) and rescoruct another 3 pre-historic pokémon of unbeleivable power to bring chaos to the earth...

Mesozoic.png

It Sucked and im working on a new one...

Screenies removed due to being out of date....

Characters.png

= You =

Boy:
Malehero.png

A young teenager who has lived in Maybok Town all his/her life. new to the world of training and raising pokémon this trainer has a lot more ahead of them than what they originaly thaught.

= Chris =
Your childhood buddy that has been there when ever you needed him.

= Jason =
Your rival, jason, moved to Maybok Town 3 years ago and has been causing trouble for you and Chris ever since.

= Ash =
Ash ketchum, a young boy all the way from pallet town came to the region in search of new pokemon and helps you out with your quest.

= Team Jurassic
=
Team Jurassic, a gang of evil, bent on world domination. Will you join them or will you try to stop them from summoning the mighty pre-historic legendarys to destroy the earth!

= Dad =

A retired member of the Elite Challenge, he is old but dosn't mean he can't fight.

= Mum =

The sorta mum that wants nothing bad to happen to her little smookums. she is all over you like a rash trying to stop you from going to far from your home town.

= Prof.
Aspren =
The local pokémon professor, also your mentor. he guides you through many aspects of your early adventures.

= Prof. Willow =
Your best friends dad and also Asprens Co-Worker. he lives in the norther part of the reigon and helps you out in your later travels.

= Sis =
Your big sis, she is allways trying to show you up and be better than you.

= Cronos =

Leader of Team Jurassic your final battle with him will determine the safety of the pokémon world.=

Sally/Sam =

Your girlfriend/boyfriend. he/she is very sweet and like your best friend is allways there for you.

= Officer Jenny =
The cheif police officor of the reigon. allways there to stop troubble makers.

features.png

Since i don't yet have a scripter most features are desired not definant.

• New Game, A new Reigon - An all new reigon, Mesazoa, named after the Mesazoic Era(When the Dinosaurs Roamd the Earth) with all new supprises. the reigon consists of one Main island with several other island surrounding it.
  • New Pokémon - There are currently 46 pokémon desinged and 2 sprited. I hope to implament a total of 160 pokémon 140 of witch will be fakémon and 20 will be pre existing pokémon.
  • 12 New Gyms - You don't have to complete all the gym's but they will have some pretty hefty bonuses so you'd be stupid not to
  • A New Elite Challenge - No elite four but something even tougher and will reward you with some pretty special stuff e.g. one of the starters you didn't choose!
  • New Types - A few new types such as Light, Lunar, Solar and Volcanic.
  • New Pokédex Details - New details like the Era of the pokemon and more specific details for Male and Female Pokémon.
  • Custom Menu - A ring menu with a pokémon display on the right.
  • Pre Historic Legendaries and Modern day Legendaries - Each have weaknesses and streangths that will benefit you or put you at a bad disadvantage.
  • Voice Activated Pokédex - Dex hear, Dex do.
  • Followers - You can have your best freind or your pokémon follow you around on you adventures
  • Opportunity to join the Police and Team Jurassic - Run around doing errands saving people or try to steal there pokémon. but no matter what team you choose you still have to defeat cronos and save the world!
  • Sprint System - Put your running shoes on and sprint to the finish.
  • Bike/Skateboard - Witch one will you chose? the bike is faster but on the skateboard you can pull of sick trix and stunts.
  • Short Cuts - Why go the long way? just slip through here or climb over that.
  • New Pokégear - The Poké(Pocket/Palm) is the most advanced of the pokégear. features include:
- An Analog/Digital Clock-
- Camera + Photo Album-
- Phone & Phone Book-
- Radio/MP3 Player-
-E-Mail-
-Map-
-Berry Dex-
-Relationships (e.g. Rivals, Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Friends)-
-Weather Forcast/Detector-
-Town info-
-Town Specific Maps-
-News Paper-
-Notes/Diary-
-Type Chart (Pokémon Types)-
-Move Dex-
-Pedometer-
-Callander-
-Allarm Clock-
-Stop Watch-

• Months and Seasons
  • Random Weather (Depends on Season)
  • Publish Pictures for the newspaper
  • Minigames
  • Tent System
  • New Items
  • Custom Buildings
  • New TM's/HM's like:
=HM's=
-Cut-
-Rocksmash-
-Flash-
-Surf-
-Fly-
-Rock Climb-
-Magma Surf-
-Whirl Pool-
-Strength-
-Defog-
-Earthquake-
-Vaporise-
-Dive-
-Mount-

These are most of the features more may be added in the futer, near or far...

newpokemon.png

46 Desinged, a total of 160 anticipated 20 of witch are pre existing pokémon (like pikachu and sentret).

#10 - Chipskunk, Normal, Tiny Skunk Pokémon

Ghost.png

#53 - ???, Ghost, Cyclops Pokemon

Ghost2.png

#54 - ???, Ghost, Phantom Cyclops Pokemon

credits.png

Poccil -
For his amazing pokémon starter kit, i wouldn't even be here if it wasnt for him.
Blackfire Dragon - For a Pheonix Fakémon he said i could use
Kyledove, Pokem4niacand Surav - For there awesome D/P tiles!
Destined
-
For D/P Tilesets!!
Riceeman - For an awesome D/P ash charset!

theteam.png

JJMcay -
Mapper, Spriter, Tile Creator, Eventer, Owner/Founder, Pokémon Designer
POKEM4NIAC - Mapper

support.png

If you wan't to join the team send me a P.M. in this format:

Username:
Proof of Work:
Skills:
Timezone/Country:
Avalability

If you dont want to join the team show your support by putting this userbar in your signature.

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=157268]
[IMG]http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm430/jjmcay/spinouserbar.png[/IMG][/url]

All idea's are welcome!!!

Last edited:

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
It sounds good, but your story is poorly described, and there are too many+too big extra things you plan to do. You may want to think about space. Well, anyway, good luck!

ForeverRed

teeheeee
Years
Very good but im gonna doubt something
1. you have the same layout and stuff as my thread <u must have quoted and copied and yeah>
2. The PokePalm is taken!
3. and those are my dots!

Exiled~Shadow

Years
sorry guyz, i was realy tierd last night and i had to finish quickly... im just about to add more now...

Sorry for using you layout gyrados, and the pokepalm is a name that i have seen in many games but i have decided to go with the pokepocket anywayz.... and what do you mean by 'dots'?

P.S. its not actual dinosaurs its prehistoric pokemon........

Last edited:
Years
Off-topic
Well if you apply for overworld spriter you will be quite busy and have less time for other stuff (like the overworlds for me *hint hint*, not trying to be rude but they are taking a bit longer than I anticipated).

On-topic
Dinosaurs and Pokemon.......... Weird combination if you ask me but good luck anyway.

Exiled~Shadow

Years
is bulbasaur a dinosaur??? and sorry gyrados, ill take you out if you want... but ill still put you in as like a concept dude because you helped me out with a few char and town names

P.S. ive noticed a lot of people posting or veiwing without voting... plz would you vote because i need feedback so i can get this thing RIGHT!!

EDIT: updated storyline, town names and character names (Thanks to Red Gyrados for a Few of those)

Minor update: Sprited Prof.Aspren (Just a Modified Prof.Oak) ill probably change it but this is him for now:
ProfAspren.png

HUGE UPDATE: I found some seriosly good D/P tiles now so i can start work on my mapping! Thanks to Kyledove for those!
here is his thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=130755&page=6

Last edited:

ForeverRed

teeheeee
Years
Off Topic: nah ill stay in ill sprte for both and two too little babies will share!

On Topic: hmm nice but its NOSELESS arghhhh i wouldnt like to be him but he looks like oak xD

i know he is a splice :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2009
WOW!! i thinks this game will be great!! i support!!!

P.S. Nice sig... 90% will die and 10% will be laughing.... LOL!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
I like this game
But I'm interested in seeing what you designed for fakemon! =)
Any chance we will see them soon?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
You stole that menu idea from me... :P
Just don't expect me to give you the script for it!

And I'd like to see you try to make the Pokédex voice-activated...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, okay... Good luck with making the scripts work with the SK, if you're using it.
But still, I doubt you'll be able to get the dex voice activated. Even I have absolutely no idea on how to get it to work.

Back