• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dream Radar

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Has anyone bought the Dream Radar from the eShop yet? It's this amazing app for 3DS users that lets you catch Pokemon with Dream World Abilities, and all three Therian Formes of the genies.

Anyway, I went into it pretty unaware of what was available, and I just saw this.

If you insert Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver into your 3DS and boot up the app (after catching all Therian Forme genies) then the mascots from each game will be available - with their Dream World abilities.

Now I'm super excited to catch Landorus, I just caught Thundurus so I still have a ways to go, but yeah!

Does anyone else have this app and are you enjoying it as much as me? ;u;

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
I have it. It's not as good as I thought it would be.
Once I get the therian forms of the weather trio, I'm probably never going to play it again.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I want it. But will only get it when I have B2/W2 seems pointless without it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
I really want it. I barely got B2 so I'm not pushing my luck.

dragonnathan025

Pokemon Breeder
Years
I got it, and it's very much like encountering wild Pokemon in the game.

You have a couple that absolutely love you and are the most common things ever (I've encountered more Bronzor than anything), and you have a couple of rares, or uncommons that seem really rare (only found one Ralts so far).

Funny thing about this feature is, you can catch female Pokemon on it, which lets you breed in hidden abilities.

I'm still sad, they should make it so when you beat the main story, you should be able to catch hidden ability starters. That would make this an instant seller.

What I've seen in the DR is...
Tornadus
Thunderus
Landorus
Munna
Porygon (finally got the Timid one, bred for the right ability)
Riolu
Swablu (want to train up an Altaria, for the sole purpose of Cotton Guard and Dragon Dance)
Bronzor (your ability sooo bad! Stop spamming my spaces!)
Rotom (happy when I got it, sad when it turned out to be Calm, need dat Timid Rotom!)
Ralts

Fortunately, the items allow for further gameplay.
I've gotten...
Moon Stone
Thunderstone
Water Stone
Fire Stone
Shiny Stone
Revive
PP Up
Max Revive
Red Shard
Blue Shard
Green Shard
Yellow Shard
Sacred Ash (reeeeally happy about this one, got two of them)

All in all, not a bad feature. Plus, it's finally a way to use the coins for the 3DS, never used them before.

All in all, give it a thumbs-up.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I haven't actually thought about getting this yet since it seemed like one of those annoying add-ons that I'd never use, but after reading dragonnathan's post maybe that's not true :o How does the encounter system actually work in this? And how does the battle system work? It seems great to be able to catch all these Pokémon with hidden abilities without having to connect to the stupid Dream World service so I might look into getting it if it seems fun, but right now I'm still very much on the fence haha.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I really want it. I barely got B2 so I'm not pushing my luck.

You know its only 3.16 with tax and stuff

I do like it. Got Torn and thun. Got a badass shuckle too. Need to upgrade your scopes which costs A LOT of dream orbs.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I kinda want it, but I would need wifi to access the shop on my 3DS to buy it and I forgot our wifi password and my mom doesn't know where she put the paper with it written down. :( I'd get it if I could. idk how often I'd use it though really.

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
I bought this and finished it over three days...but then, that was because I wanted the low-level Legendaries on my Black 2 cart, and I wanted to move on with the game ASAP, so I was in a hurry. Landorus became a part of my team, and I was sorely tempted to use Giratina for a time. It was fun enough in its own way; strangely addicting, and fairly simple. I've not touched it since I captured the last of the Legendaries though; I'll probably delete it and re-download it at some stage so I can catch them all again...chances are I'll get White 2 at some stage.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I bought it as soon as I got the games. I used to use it whenever I could, but after I caught the Kami trio, and finished the Pokédex, it became pretty pointless. I still do use it sometimes though. I just hate how I look like an idiot trying to spin around in a chair trying to shoot the orbs.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I bought the Pokemon Radar App a week after I got Pokemon Black 2. The funny part was I kept complaining about how much I need the app, but I only used the app probably a couple of times until I got Tornadus in its Therian form. I plan to use it this week since I am off from college, but I keep forgetting about the app; thank you thread for reminding me about the app.

:t354:TG

Nintendofox3d

Watch Pokemon Cyclone Saga!!
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
I Have it. It's a good way to get some items and pokemon, i'm searching for a swablu. But i keep getting riolu's...

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2012
do you like Pokemon dream radar

Do you like Pokemon dream radar? If you don't have it do you want it if you do than do you regret getting it? Do you think it was worth the money? Do you think there is anouf Pokemon? What would you do different if you made the game? What's your favorite thing about the game

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't like it, simply because most of the time I get swablu

omg go away swablu is AMAZING

Anyway, merged the Dream Radar threads. No need to have two of them.

Back