• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Developing] Pokémon Litharreon

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Cover3_zps3de8f6bd.png
Welcome to the Pokémon Litharreon thread!
Pokémon Litharreon
words_zpsa67e8928.png
No download available​
Game information
Saving Raven
Author
Me...
Team
More Info
Progressing!
Status
Beta
Release
Hello! I am Saving Raven (you can call me JB), and this is my game-in-development!

I've played Pokémon games for as long as I can remember and I just had to make my own!
Originally this started as a Rom Hack, but I got tired of the limitations and the specifications. Along the way I picked up a couple tricks.

Litharreon has come a long way since it's days as a rom, and it has become something far more than I had ever imagined. I have tried to incorporate so many things, from a more influential purpose for the Aura alluded to in the Official games, to ideas from a lot of other media, to an old but very interesting game idea I once had, to the idea of Mega evolution but better, to an entire Parallel Universe surrounding the creation of Mewtwo.

As it stands now, the game is only just beginning! There is so much more than what this, or the next beta will bring, and truly, it is only for show. I can barely call it a demo, but regardless, it has just enough gameplay and features to rival those of games far in development!
Prologue

There tells a tale of a King, one of wealth, power, generosity, compassion, and of purity. The king had a mysterious power and a fantastic dream, he had a magnificent aura that could be used in countless ways. The man had a kind heart, having grown up in poverty, for those without power -the invisible voice of society. He used his power to create a kingdom, one for the forgotten, one for the poor, one for all. He stumbled upon a dimension apart from time and space, one that allowed him to use his aura to create and craft anything his mind could envision.

Years passed, decades, yet the more he used his power the more time seemed to stand still - he was as young as the day he created his kingdom, yet nearly 30 years had passed. This drew an eye to his Kingdom. His people were productive, happy, and loyal - and his kingdom reigned as a trading, and military powerhouse. He trained his soldiers to be one with their Pokémon, to become one with them and rely on the power within themselves, and match the wavelength of their Pokémon, drawing out their unique talents - but what the other Kingdoms recognized more than all that, was his youth. They wanted his immortality, his power, his citizens, his Kingdom.

Years passed, and he couldn't keep up, senseless war, after pointless bloodshed - he had enough. He commissioned for the greatest warriors in all the land, eventually leading to 5 in total, and created a council to protect him, his kingdom, and innocent people brought into this needless greed. They became known as The Elite Guards. Each guard specialized in 1 particular type: Poison, Dark, Fire, Electric, and Grass.

The Guards were then given mystical powerful stones created through the use of the king's own aura - he told them, that giving their Pokémon these stones would spark within them, and them alone, their true power. That because of their bond, their Pokémon would be able to bypass their own limitations and unleash power unknown and like no other. They would experience a Mega Evolution.

The Guards were hesitant at first, they did not want to rely on their Pokémon, for that would only lead to more war, more violence, and lead their Pokémon to become tools and machines of destruction. They requested instead that they receive the power to become one with their Pokémon. He thought about it, and finally decided to allow them to reach a pure form, he unleashed their true power, breaking the barriers of their own Aura, limited to that of a human, and the barriers of their Pokémon, and then allowing them to become truly one Aura. This lead to 5 Elite Guards with incredible power that was unchallenged. Power, and Aura unlike any other - no one could Rival their power simply because they were truly one sound body, mind, and Aura.

However as time went on, their goals went from pure and just to cynical and damned - they committed crimes, and challenged those who opposed to fight with them. They finally turned on the King who they pictured as having countless wealth, stored away from others, and thought of him as a greedy tyrant. They forced him into the very chamber where he created the magnificent Kingdom. In fear of their tyrannical coup d'état, he severed their Aura from that of their Pokémon, creating two Auras within one entity. Forever trapped within one mind, and body that was no longer sound, they were no more than a powerful Pokémon.

In their Sound state, they believed themselves to be one of the Arisen, like the Ones Who Came Before. Their transcendence was admired, feared, and despised, they could not be vanquished, they were immortal. When they were Severed from their Pokémon, they became corrupted beings, the split caused an increase of immense power, but destroyed the sound wavelength between Trainer and Pokémon. The King, despite increasing their destructive capabilities, made them susceptible to death, he made them mortal.

10 years passed, and in those years grew disparity, greed, destruction, violence, and tyranny. However, a midst this chaos shined a glimmer of hope, there rose a hero. The tale says one man was able to seal away their Power, Aura, and Essence, into 5 shards - each, when put together, formed the seal that unlocked the chamber which imprisoned the King. Because of the hero, the King was rescued, and the kingdom was saved. Afterwards, the Hero scattered each shard all across the Region, forever separating the world from the dimension that allowed the Kingdom to thrive, forever sealing away Aura of the Kingdom in the process.

How was the hero able to overcome the Power of the Guards? How was he able to not only defeat them, but seal them away? Well...It is just a legend...right?

Plot summary

You explore a world back in the year of 1956 in a region known as Lithos. Lithos was founded by a great man who left the only known Region at that time when he was at the age of 17. The expedition was lead by this man and 50 other people; him, his 5 closest friends, close allies who would aide in the construction of a new region, and dozens of dedicated followers. Within months they found Lithos in the year 1921. By 1951 the region had been populated and explored to an extent, but there were many areas still unexplored.

Among the booming Region was the Pokémon Gym Challenge, in which 16 of the Region's toughest trainers gathered to be challenged by any trainer. However there were more trainers than ever who trained for their chance to be named the Strongest Trainer in Lithos. Due to the excessive amount, the Leaders changed the Challenge within 5 Years. They broke the Gym into 5, spreading across the whole region, and housing 3 of the toughest trainers, 2 leaders - the 2 strongest chosen among the original 50 settlers by the 5 close friends of the Region's founder, and the 5 friends themselves, the Gym Masters. Defeating all five Gym Masters and all ten Leaders grants access to the greatest challenge, the access to Battle City.

In this year, 1956, the story unfolds…

You are the Hero, no one knows what you are. To understand you would be to alter the conception of Aura itself. You are an anomaly, you are the one.

One summer in 1956, you awake after a strange dream and start your very own journey after receiving a very unique Pokémon from the local Professor, and unbeknownst to you, you embark on a journey to answer such questions and learn about your dark past, and even darker future.

Throughout your travels, you will explore a relatively new frontier, meet many strange new people, some of whom will become close friends, others...not so much. In addition, you'll encounter a deadly bounty hunter, a strange Detective, a humorous group of Haters; and unravel events of the past, and even the plans of a powerful organization.

Your goal is to travel through the land, scouring for leads on the whereabouts of your dear friend. Along the way you will face many trainers, unravel a deep, plot twisting lie, tear down an evil crime syndicate, build one up, travel through time, deal with the psychological and emotional realms of the human soul, find a love interest, and find out who you are, and what you're meant to be.

Characters

trainer000_zps51b1a9ee.png

Edward Wilheim
The hero, sarcastic, smart-mouth. He is playful, sassy, and clever, as well as mischievous. He leaves home to start his adventure into the unknown world, trying to become a Pokémon trainer, and hopes to one day reach Battle City. However, little does he know, he will be enthralled into one of the most controversial, and craziest scandals in the whole region of Lithos! (the hero can dress as a woman, to cater to female fans)

trainer024_zps7783de58.png

Samuel Oak
He is the teen who became the greatest Pokemon Professor. You challenge him various times throughout the game, become his rival, and team up in various events. He has notable qualities of Gary, but he admires power and respects those better than he is, however, refusing to admit that the player surpasses him. He always tries to improve, and is very easy-going and laid back. He has a notable relationship with Agatha, as well as the alluded to group he was a part of, will you learn of it via game events? Who can say.

Trainer099_zpsbc9ee924.png

Selena Blankenship
She is a delightful love interest of the player, and is quite the charmer. She is not only one of the player's most prominent rivals, she is also part of a gang with Agatha. Agatha's gang appears to fight for justice, but her abrasive nature leads the player to think she is bad news.

Trainer100_zpsbf4cd5c7.png

Agatha Malevich
Egotistical, prideful, powerful, and short tempered. She is very impatient and bares resentment towards the player for "stealing" her love interest away from her by being rivals with Sam. The player is unaware of this until it is mentioned to him, due to her tendency of thinking and acting without explaining (she will think of something, and then think one way, and expect others to have followed her thought process).

maple_zps2a055da2.png

Professor Maple
She is the renowned professor who came from the faraway region with JB as a researcher to aide the founders of Lithos. She is very interested with technology and how it affects people and Pokémon. At a very young age she helped develop the Pokéball that is mass produced by Silph Co. She is still very interested in how Pokémon are affected by the device.

Features

● Unreal Time System
● Various music, adjusted to a single standard volume
● Ability to change your outfit (its more intense and complex than you would expect, skyrocketing to more than 30+, with countless more being planned)
● Fresh, new storyline
● 16 custom gyms (3 leaders to a gym){5 gyms, with total 10 Gym Leaders, 5 Gym Masters, and 1 final Trainer for the Lithos Medallion}
● Various crime syndicates (still working out the details)
● Player dialogue
● Multiple Rivals (including but not limited to: Selena, Samuel, and Agatha.)
● Custom Sprites (Trainers and Pokémon)
● Various new Pokémon
● A never ending battle stadium
● Time travel
● A different way to travel the region instead of using "Fly"
● HM Moves are now Items
● HM Moves and TM Moves can be used unlimitedly, and can be deleted at any point in the game, and are registered as "TM's"
● TM's are now in a "TM Case" and hold every TM (including HM's that are TM's) ever made
● There are now every move tutor from the official games somewhere in my game
● Genetically modified Pokémon: Spearow - Eevee - Growlithe (altered typing, evolution, and Mega forms)
● Various Pokémon obtainable [e.g., some from every generation]
● Every Pokémon made, or that will be made, will be obtainable (by post-game events/DLC)

The Starters

the_new_starters_by_theeaterofallbabies-d70x7uw.png

Chespin, the Grass type - Fennekin, the Fire type - Froakie, the Water type

Screenshots

screenshot_compilation_by_theeaterofallbabies-d8d2428.png

Wanna Support me?

If you like what I'm doing, use a support bar in your Signature!
If you hate me and my game and think this is terrible, use a support bar in your sig to let the world know of your opinion, and let them decide for themselves!

Spoiler:

Credits/Thank Yous

(in NO particular order)

System: Maruno, Poccil & Flameguru Enterbrain
Graphics: Nintendo, The Sprites Resource, Kyledove, Ęℓαчиıı, zerudez, Noscium, HarryFJ96, SirAquakip, N-Kin, Misterreno, WesleyFG, Eli Eli76, BoOmxBiG, abyssalisk, chimcharsfireworkd, Light-PA, Pokecheck.org, dragonnite, Pikachumazzinga
Scripts: carmaniac, ~Luka S-J, FL, Rayd12smitty, Nickalooose, hansiec, Stochastic, AmethystRain, Kyainey, dragonnite, shiney570
Special Thanks: Nintendo for everything Pokemon, Maruno for all the essentials, ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™ for not being a total douche, Poccil for essentials in the first place, and everyone who supports this game!

And ~JV~ for his awesome page layout.

Don't forget to leave a comment :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Okay, first of all, I would like to say that I really love most of the features in your game! Kanto's past is great, and I'd really love to battle professor... uhm... Samuel Oak, in his late teen years, nonetheless! I just wonder if he was confused about his sexuality at that time... A boy or a girl? Hmmm..... xD

Second, I, myself am not a big fan of too much sci-fi, like, mad technology that alters the past. But I suppose there is a reason for the death of the protagonist.

Third, as I said in a PM, you're really a great artist. I love the sprites of the new Pokemon! Just, is there a reason to why the fire dragon has a fin on the end of his tail?
I can't wait to see the 7 evolutions of Growlithe! I love all dog-like Pokemon, and these'll probably be awesome!

And finally, a remark: Although you didn't show a lot in your maps, what you did show seems.... kind of bland. Too much green. Also, a street light in the middle of the grass (In the first town)? Aren't they usually a bit closer to the street? In the HAT cultist map, most of the area is plain grass, and there's a fence over some flowers.

All in all, this game has a lot potential. And I mean a lot! I think you just need a little bit more work with the maps.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Thanks, thats a lot of constructive criticism,
1st, the fire dragon its not supposed to be a fin, more like a split, i might make that more predominant, but its evolution is going to have like, 2 tails

2nd, I was just trying to make the maps from how I thought it should look (from my head), they arent finished they are more or less, beta. I just wanted to see how they worked, and then go from there, but you're right, they are very lame xDD

once I have perfected the forest area I'll work on everything (1st, get it all set, then perfect it all) then i'll post screen shots of them :3

*edit* as for the "sci-fi" hes more of an equally ambitious, Dr. Emmott Brown, who made time travel possible, as well as (spoiler >_>) . . . a de-evolution stone

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but here's my two cents for your maps.

Alright, I know someone else said this before, but your maps are quite bland. In the third screenshot, I don't understand why there are two sinks. Plus, the door in the wall looks kinda odd.

The map with the fence around the grass, but has flowers growing underneath it, looks strange.

"Trash Pokémon" screenshot has one too many soda machines, IMO. It'd look better with only two. Just my opinion.

Map with the "Adoption Agency" has a bench that was originally included in the default tilesets that came with RMXP. Don't know what it's doing in a Pokémon tileset, but it looks so out of place.

Second to last map's cavern looks freaky, like it was glitched up or something.

However, I like your story, and the "Hidden Villages" idea is pretty neat. I especially love the way you thought up the whole Kanghaskan evolution theory. It makes sense, and why Game Freak didn't choose to do something like that is beyond me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Thanks, thats a lot of constructive criticism,
1st, the fire dragon its not supposed to be a fin, more like a split, i might make that more predominant, but its evolution is going to have like, 2 tails
Ohh, that makes sense. I mistook it for a fin since it kinda reminds me of Vaporeon's fin.

2nd, I was just trying to make the maps from how I thought it should look (from my head), they arent finished they are more or less, beta. I just wanted to see how they worked, and then go from there, but you're right, they are very lame xDD
Yeah, I already thought that's the case. I'm sure you'll improve them - post pictures when you do.

Oh, now that I've mentioned Vaporeon, I remembered to ask you, since you're adding custom Pokemon, do you plan to create an eeveelution for every type? That'd be awesome, and you could do it easily with your drawing skills.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Alright, I know someone else said this before, but your maps are quite bland. In the third screenshot, I don't understand why there are two sinks. Plus, the door in the wall looks kinda odd. . .

Thank you for your post, and your input, I know the maps aren't really "up to par" but they are a starting point, its almost impossible to make a good map from scratch xDD but everything you said was right, and I'll take a closer look into the detail of everything in and on my maps, and thank you for the compliment on my story and pokemon evolution~ It makes this whole game worth it ^ ^

Oh, now that I've mentioned Vaporeon, I remembered to ask you, since you're adding custom Pokemon, do you plan to create an eeveelution for every type? That'd be awesome, and you could do it easily with your drawing skills.

Unfortunately, I do not plan on adding anymore eevee evolutions at the moment, since this game is in the past, and its already a stretch to explain why fearow and growlithe have evolutionary quailities now, but not later. Furthermore, if I were to give eevee me evolutions, I would HAVE to give the others more evolutions, otherwise it would have an unfair advantage.
As for the pictures, I'm working hard to make an update c:

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Here's an update of what I have been working on since the critique yesterday:

house-revamp.png

I need opinions on this house, I want it to have a border around the kitchen like most homes actually do, but i dont know if thats good, or if there should be a similar border around the kitchen tile. thoughts, comments?

pokecenter.png

I loved the idea of having a poke-mart+center in one place introduced in pokemon B+W, and I tried to replicate it in this pokemon center, and I would like some feedback :D
here is the outside of it:
pokecenteroutside.png

@ Musketeer, I tried making the cave entrance have the illusion of going down, but I guess I failed at that, so I tried this:
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm8/sethnhw/Pokemon X/screen shots/cave.png
If anyone knows some good cave tiles like this, (ie) illusion of going down, or even something better than this generic entrance xDD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
You did a good job on the border - it fits. But you don't have to put that much details into the inside of regular houses. Just don't put anything that's out of place, make them really small so there's not a lot of empty space, and that should do it.

For the second map, the idea of having the Pokemon Center & Mart in one building is great. The only thing that really looks out of place on that map are the floor tiles in the Mart-part. Change them to be the same tiles as the rest of the map, and it'll look good.
One more thing that bothers me (But I pay more attention to the details than "normal" people), is that the entrance to the Center+Mart is right in the middle, but on the inside it's moved to the left. Moving it to the middle won't change the aesthetics of the map, but it'll kinda make more sense... I don't know, I just pay a lot of attention to that kinda stuff xD (The Pokeball on the floor, too... IMHO it'll look better if its center is in front of Nurse Joy, or whatever the nurses are called in your game xD)

But aside these extremely minor things, the maps look good.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
The new cave entrance looks good. If you want it to have the illusion of going down, I'd try creating a custom graphic for that. If you could somehow edit the "downward cave entrance" to fit properly with the other graphics, maybe it would seem fitting.

I love the new Pokémon Center. The idea of merging a PC and PM seems so fitting, that it also saves on mapping space. The PC and PM merged together looks really cool.

And the border around the kitchen makes sense. It doesn't seem out of place, and I just think it's a good idea.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
One more thing that bothers me (But I pay more attention to the details than "normal" people), is that the entrance to the Center+Mart is right in the middle, but on the inside it's moved to the left. Moving it to the middle won't change the aesthetics of the map, but it'll kinda make more sense... I don't know, I just pay a lot of attention to that kinda stuff xD (The Pokeball on the floor, too... IMHO it'll look better if its center is in front of Nurse Joy, or whatever the nurses are called in your game xD)
the maps look good.

Thanks, I had to read what you said like 3 times, before I got what you meant, and I totally didnt even see that xDD I was trying to place the entrance and pokeball where it made sense inside, and didnt even think about the entrance xDD I'll work on that, and thanks for the compliment :3

The new cave entrance looks good. If you want it to have the illusion of going down, I'd try creating a custom graphic for that. If you could somehow edit the "downward cave entrance" to fit properly with the other graphics, maybe it would seem fitting.

I love the new Pokémon Center. The idea of merging a PC and PM seems so fitting, that it also saves on mapping space. The PC and PM merged together looks really cool.

And the border around the kitchen makes sense. It doesn't seem out of place, and I just think it's a good idea.

Thanks, I made custom graphics for a lot of these nit-picky things I've shown, I think I'll try a hand at the cave entrance, it just bothers me how awkward it looks >.< I want it to be perfect, thanks for the compliment on the PC+PM, and as Alex said, I might try changing the Tiles, I'll work on it...that and the kitchen, i have an idea!

Now I have a lot to work on, the next step though is working on world maps...I cant get the grass right >_> any tips would be greatly appreciated! I need to do some research on it (if there is anything)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Thanks, I had to read what you said like 3 times, before I got what you meant, and I totally didnt even see that xDD I was trying to place the entrance and pokeball where it made sense inside, and didnt even think about the entrance xDD I'll work on that, and thanks for the compliment :3
Sorry, it's my bad English xD
Now I have a lot to work on, the next step though is working on world maps...I cant get the grass right >_> any tips would be greatly appreciated! I need to do some research on it (if there is anything)
I have a few tips on how to make world maps:
1) Don't make them big. Bigger maps = more "empty" space, which you'd want to avoid.
2) Most tiles in the overworld tileset are green. Trees, grass, tall grass. You'd like your maps more colorful, and there is no "colorful" without the color red. Most flowers are red - you can go a little overboard with them.
3) Don't use the "Rectangle" tool for trees, tall grass & flowers.
4) If you're building a town/city, make sure that the houses aren't too far apart from each other. You can add some houses without doors, or with locked doors, just to make the town/city appear bigger.
5) Trees aren't used for borders only, and there are a lot of different trees.
6) A few boulders (Not the ones that can be moved by strength) here and there will change a lot.
7) Look at maps by other game makers, or maps from the real Pokemon games. It helps.

Well, I hope this helps...

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
UPDATE

Newbridge town:
Spoiler:

-this is where you start off the game, its finished, theres not much else to do

Road 1:
Spoiler:

Cyan City:
Spoiler:

-I need advice, I was originally going to make 1 gym with a series of 16 leaders, but now i'm thinking of having 3 gyms with 5 leaders, or 5 gyms with 3 leaders, the final gym will be hidden away [you only need to beat 8, the rest are optional, but you get useful key items for each one after 8 you beat]
-the rest of the city is pretty much finished

Road 3 [exit left via cyan city]:
Spoiler:

-this is the road to the pokemon reservation, the eliteX, and many more things, its one of the last things in the game, and theres no need to finish this part, the road is finished.

Road 2 [exit up via cyan city]
Spoiler:

-the road to the secret forest (there are around 5 [give or take 2] secret areas, with 2 visible areas) theres a lake/pond area with an unfinished secret area to euphoria springs
-also the way to a mysterious cavern, with many many secret areas as well
-except for the secret area to the springs, it is finished

Stannum City:
Spoiler:

-I'm still working on this, the museum is the place filled with scientists who give information on pokemon, as well as areas (also where you find archaeologists, and excavators who give hints on hidden areas) (also a place where you can find books and read on various areas)
-the science lab will be turned into something else, most likely a gym, depending on any ideas I get for the gym idea I have
-This is 80% done, I need to move things around, and then add another route to a few other areas I wasnt planning on until now

Last edited:

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Newbridge town:
Spoiler:

-this is where you start off the game, its finished, theres not much else to do

Road 1:
Spoiler:

Cyan City:
Spoiler:

-I need advice, I was originally going to make 1 gym with a series of 16 leaders, but now i'm thinking of having 3 gyms with 5 leaders, or 5 gyms with 3 leaders, the final gym will be hidden away [you only need to beat 8, the rest are optional, but you get useful key items for each one after 8 you beat]
-the rest of the city is pretty much finished

Road 3 [exit left via cyan city]:
Spoiler:

-this is the road to the pokemon reservation, the eliteX, and many more things, its one of the last things in the game, and theres no need to finish this part, the road is finished.

Road 2 [exit up via cyan city]
Spoiler:

-the road to the secret forest (there are around 5 [give or take 2] secret areas, with 2 visible areas) theres a lake/pond area with an unfinished secret area to euphoria springs
-also the way to a mysterious cavern, with many many secret areas as well
-except for the secret area to the springs, it is finished

Stannum City:
Spoiler:

-I'm still working on this, the museum is the place filled with scientists who give information on pokemon, as well as areas (also where you find archaeologists, and excavators who give hints on hidden areas) (also a place where you can find books and read on various areas)
-the science lab will be turned into something else, most likely a gym, depending on any ideas I get for the gym idea I have
-This is 80% done, I need to move things around, and then add another route to a few other areas I wasnt planning on until now
Nice update! The archaeologists will add a new twist in gameplay, and Stannum City looks magnificent!

Make sure you keep your "Hidden Passages" idea throughout the whole game. It would add some replay value, and it'll be an incentive to beat the game. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
This is an improvement alright. There are some things you still need to fix, though:
Road 1 - The maps looks like a square, and ledges can't go over tall grass.
Cyan City - The gym roof is a bit too big (You did this probably because there are more gym leaders inside, but it's still too big). There is a random green square around the land on the water. Try using the road autotile instead. Also, who builds one part of a building on the ground, and the other part on a hill?
Road 3 - Not enough details, especially on the left part of the map. Other than that, the map is great.
Road 2 - Again, there's not enough details. Also, having parts of land on the water is okay, but having water parts on the land on the water is kinda unnecessary.
Stannum City - This map is fine. The only thing I'd like to say is, again, not enough details xD

I'm really sorry if I'm too harsh with my critiques...

Oh and by the way, IMHO the more gyms, the better, so I'd go for the 5 gyms with 3 gym leaders idea.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years

Nice update! The archaeologists will add a new twist in gameplay, and Stannum City looks magnificent!

Make sure you keep your "Hidden Passages" idea throughout the whole game. It would add some replay value, and it'll be an incentive to beat the game. :)
Thanks for the support, I like the idea of having an area that gives you information on a region (because since it has been found "recently" [not BRAN new, but not old] it makes sense they would document thing) and being able to use it as a resource for information, of course it wont tell you EVERYTHING like, "turn left at the big tree, you will find a secret path" thats not fun, but it will hint that there are valuable resources, or undiscovered areas "it seems smaller than you would think" or even "there is a rumor of a spring, but no one has been able to find it yet" but yeah, I love secrets, and i plan on adding even more!

This is an improvement alright. There are some things you still need to fix, though:
Road 1 - The maps looks like a square, and ledges can't go over tall grass.
Cyan City - The gym roof is a bit too big (You did this probably because there are more gym leaders inside, but it's still too big). There is a random green square around the land on the water. Try using the road autotile instead. Also, who builds one part of a building on the ground, and the other part on a hill?
Road 3 - Not enough details, especially on the left part of the map. Other than that, the map is great.
Road 2 - Again, there's not enough details. Also, having parts of land on the water is okay, but having water parts on the land on the water is kinda unnecessary.
Stannum City - This map is fine. The only thing I'd like to say is, again, not enough details xD

I'm really sorry if I'm too harsh with my critiques...

Oh and by the way, IMHO the more gyms, the better, so I'd go for the 5 gyms with 3 gym leaders idea.
yes yes, I agree the gym is abnormally large, I will change it, as it should be, I like the 5 gyms with 3 leaders, it adds to the variety, so thanks for your advice on that
-road 1, 3, and stannum city: thanks, I figured I needed to add some more details
-as for the "building on a cliff" i wanted it to be apart of it...its the safari zone entrance, but I might replace it with something else, make a bran new town, and put it in there...
anyway, you werent too harsh, infact, this is exactly what I needed to improve my maps, by tonight they will be perfect and I can move on finally!

@everyone: how do the trees in town look? not the border ones, the other ones, I wanted a type of tree that looks like its been there for a while, while the huge one in the starting town, that will be for the move "headbutt" as it is 3 tiles wide, and makes enough sense that a pokemon would live in it

M4CK_M4YN3

Felix_The_Cat
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
Game looks great and one thing ilove is the kanto becuase I feel soo many hacks and fan game s fail becuse peope love pokemon and are comfotablr in regions similar to the original making them more likly to play but I pthink you should upgrade your tilesets

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Game looks great and one thing ilove is the kanto becuase I feel soo many hacks and fan game s fail becuse peope love pokemon and are comfotablr in regions similar to the original making them more likly to play but I pthink you should upgrade your tilesets
Thanks for your support, but I'm satisfied with the tileset I have, its a nice feel and I'm more comfortable with gen-3 tiles rather than gen-4 or 5. In addition, it keeps the same feel as fire red and leaf green, which is suitable because its supposed to be it in the past.

Here are some ideas I have been toying around with, and I would love some feedback on!
● Adding achievements
[Like catching a certain number of pokemon, or beating all the gyms, etc]

● Adding quests
[Like defeating a certain number of pokemon and recieving a special item/money/outfit]

● Adding outfits
[making a closet in your room, and at the start, you choose between 3 variations of your clothes, but as the game progresses you get a few more, but you mainly get more via quests and such]

{one quest I have in mind already involves the side group called the HAT cultists (haters against trainers), they ask you to harass some people, or defeat x number of trainers, and you get various hats from them (ridiculous of course, but hats nonetheless), this is important because I'm thinking of adding an area where there is a hat cultist blocking the entrance saying you dont have a hat which makes you lame, and you being lame would ruin the atmosphere of their establishment}

ANYWAY I'm requesting the help of anyone who could help me implement my ideas, as these are not "fantasies" I think they are very real and able to be implemented, I'm just very slow when it comes to scripts and events.
note, if you DO help with these ideas, I will love you forever, and you will be given a very hearty credit in the credit section of my thread, readme, as well as end-of-the-game :3

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
● Adding achievements
[Like catching a certain number of pokemon, or beating all the gyms, etc]
Would be nice, but would be better if you had some sort of online stat server which would show everyone's achievements. This way, players can brag/discuss/compete for their achievements. Otherwise, it isn't really necessary. At least, that's my opinion on how something like that would work.
● Adding quests
[Like defeating a certain number of pokemon and recieving a special item/money/outfit]
Good idea! More things to do in a game makes it that much more playable!
● Adding outfits
[making a closet in your room, and at the start, you choose between 3 variations of your clothes, but as the game progresses you get a few more, but you mainly get more via quests and such]
That'd be so awesome! It'd add a degree of customization to the game, and players would, like I said before, be more inclined to complete the game to unlock new outfits. Please, do this if you can get someone to help you on it! :)
ANYWAY I'm requesting the help of anyone who could help me implement my ideas, as these are not "fantasies" I think they are very real and able to be implemented, I'm just very slow when it comes to scripts and events.
note, if you DO help with these ideas, I will love you forever, and you will be given a very hearty credit in the credit section of my thread, readme, as well as end-of-the-game :3
Well, I'd love to help you, but I already have 2 games I'm working on simultaneously. I might be able to help out if I get some free hands. I'll stay tuned to this project.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Would be nice, but would be better if you had some sort of online stat server which would show everyone's achievements. This way, players can brag/discuss/compete for their achievements. Otherwise, it isn't really necessary. At least, that's my opinion on how something like that would work.
I see them as a nice little thing that keep people wanting to progress and get more, and iunno...they're just really fun to have and collect. You're "online stat server" is a good idea, but it seems like it should be implemented as a last, and side project, since I have many other pressing matters to attend to.

Good idea! More things to do in a game makes it that much more playable!
yes! I love sidequests/quests I have a few quests in mind already~

That'd be so awesome! It'd add a degree of customization to the game, and players would, like I said before, be more inclined to complete the game to unlock new outfits. Please, do this if you can get someone to help you on it! :)
I will definitely try, unlike other ideas I have, I'm almost lost as to implementing them...

Well, I'd love to help you, but I already have 2 games I'm working on simultaneously. I might be able to help out if I get some free hands. I'll stay tuned to this project.
thanks for the interest! if you need help I wouldnt mind helping with spriting, or even possibly, some tilesets (I doubt I could really help, haha, i'm kinda good at "ripping" [if I understand what it is...]) but yeah, if you need some help I wouldnt mind seeing if I have the skills you need!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Updates

Hey guys, I've been working on some old sprites, making them perfect and trying to finish up all the pokemon data so I can work solely on mapping, and heres the pokemon I have finished!

1st off, ever wonder why arcanine is "legendary"? heres why~
059.png

Darcanine, one of the 2 variants that, during the climate change, lack of food and land after the war, became the fire type "arcanine"

497.png

Archic, the second variant, it has powerful psychic abilities and exerts an unknown, powerful mental force
-these 2 completely different, and very powerful pokemon had to become one species to survive, and coping with the dense heat and different climate (as well as mixture of opposing types) became a fire type

next is the male counterpart of kangaskhan, Sanguskhan!
495.png

-to survive, the males became cubones, while the babies stayed in the pouch of their mothers, once they were old enough to survive on their own (much later than now) the females would be raised as kangaskhan to keep their dwindling species alive, while the males became cubones, as they depended heavily on their mothers, so much so, that they were sacrificed in order for the "cubone" to get the vital nutrients it needed to survive on its own and become stronger.

finally, the ice version of fearow :D
501.png

The pokemon glaciary is the ancestor of the modern-day pokemon, braviary. in the rapid climate change and land reformation after the war, you could say it "melted" into the braviary of today

I have an idea for my achievment idea (while I have no idea how to impliment this, or an idea of how to set up the system) I thought making an app for the pokegear "achievments" would be a brilliant idea!
achievementsbg.png

-it would work like the pc item system, only instead of showing items, it shows achievements, and it shows all the possible achievements, rather than only the ones you have obtained thus far
-in the square where it explains the achievement, it would have a lock, indicating you have yet to have gotten it, or an unlock, showing you have gotten it already
-When you recive an achievement, it would say whatever it is on this!:
achievement.png

Finally, to conclude this update, I have made a map of the region!
Map.png

its loose base of kanto (as this is decades before the region we know today) with various missing places (as they are merely rumors and not fully discovered yet) while the rest that has been, is shown. there is also a lot of empty space since it has only recently been discovered.

Back