• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon 'Diamond' - Keitai Denjuu Telefang (2.0)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Let's Play Pokemon Diamond!
A Screenshot LP​

di.jpg

Ah, good old Pokemon -wait, what?

A new version of the old thread! I'm starting over because imageshack is removing images with little warning unless I pay money unlike other considerably cooler places like photobucket, despite saying images would have been up there forever without needing to pay. Yay blackmail! I've the rest of March to save stuff or pay up on a monthly basis but instead I'm jumping ship and implemented a script I wrote to save me a lot of hassle with replacing all ~3,000 image urls currently uploaded. This will be basically the same in the parts already darn bar some error fixing, a new source for the music files and maybe minor changes in comments. Or if you prefer, the short version of this is:

Spoiler:

Anyways! For those who do not know, there are a pair of old GBC games called 'Pokemon Diamond and Jade'. They're infamous for their talk of curry and random swearing and hilarious engrish!

Said games are really badly pirated and translated games called 'Keitai Denjuu Telefang', which was another monster-collecting+fighting game that was only ever officially released in Japan (it also got a Japanese-only sequel). But said piraters tried to pass their poorly translated works as Pokemon games, completely with box art and a different title screen! Within the game though (bar it being in English Engrish and having the odd problem with saving in cases) it was simply the Telefang game, with no Pokemon to be found inside.

'Pokemon Diamond' was the 'Power version' of Telefang, while Jade was the 'Speed version'. (I don't believe they're referring to that sort of speed, but...). Well, have a Telefang box art pic:

Spoiler:

But it's not a bad game - some tough battles, frustrating mazes, catchy music and very entertaining engrish - what's not to love? ;p

I've decided to replay this game - I actually had a game pak with this as a kid which provided me with many, many hours of confusion. Hope you enjoy it too!

Note I'll throw up tunes when they come up in the game via sound clip player windows! Press play to, well, play, and if it lags it's not my fault.

Warning - swearing is abounds in this game in some stages. But it's engrish swearing so it's all good! ;p

Part One - Down the Rabbit Hole!
Or part of the long intro sequence in which a lot of baseballs happen.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
Your back! That's awesome! I was wondering what had happened to this and I'm glad its back.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Your back! That's awesome! I was wondering what had happened to this and I'm glad its back.
Heh, thanks. I'll be roughly aiming for an old update a week or so, but that's subject to real life stuff.
Love this let's play. Keep it going!
Cheers! (I guess it makes sense with your username =p).

Nearly died looking at your first spoiler; much laughter. :D

Great to see you back with another!
Hopefully the rest of the actual LP is even funnier! Actually, no, because I don't want you dead. (Or do I...?)

...Anyways!

Part Two - A Whole New World
Or the rest of the long intro sequence in which a magic phone happens.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Part Three - Looking for NETARO
Or a lot of walking north in which for the patient reader, curry increase!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Part Four: Still looking for NETARO
Or wandering about a cave and finding out what a trainer looks like.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
And back to (re)updating this thing.

Part Five - Magical Trees!
Or MUSA tells us to do stuff for him after a lot of talking.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Part Six - Kelina Village!
Or talking to a lot of weird people and things who want bombs.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Part Seven - Search for a Thief!
Or a lot of talking to someone and trying to find [Key]!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Doop de doop, holidays again, let's see how much of this I can get done then.

Also had to recently reupload and reupdate all the music links as the place they were hosted went under for good. =/ I clearly have all the luck! If any previous sound links didn't work please let me know.

Part Eight - Kelina Cave
Or Learning about Peach Boy and KAKUZATO
Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Then I'd question you.

Part Nine: Off to Alice!
Or a lack of good judgement and more questionable NPCs.

Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Part Ten: THE SEA
Or a guide to remembering it.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Part Eleven: Enter BOUNDARY
Or that guy with a really good theme tune who hates trees.
Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Part Twelve: The City of Shops
Or...well, a lot of shopping and acquiring the killer pony.

Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Part Thirteen: The Continued Competition
Or seeing how weird some trainer sprites get.

Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Part Fourteen: Entering The Desert!
Or discovering that birds and snakes don't like each other.

Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Part Fifteen: Bearer of Peace!
Or fighting people to convince them to stop fighting. Go figure!

Spoiler:

Back