• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Blasting Off Version/ Team Rocket Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonite trainer

Retro Gamer, rarely here anymore.
Years
I think I am done with this hack. I let it sit too long and don't have the motivation for it right now. I am going to let anyone who wants to use my story or my patches or anything else you want, and while I will politely ask for being credited, but you don't need to credit me if you don't want to. If you do anything with it, please message me (not so i can tell you not to, but because I am eager to see what clever things other people do). I would at least like to see this complete, as I think it has potential, but school leaves less time for stuff like this now, and I am interested in hacking NES roms at the moment anyway. Maybe someday I will work on this some more, but for now, I am putting all the stuff I did in public domain.

MAJOR UPDATE! SEE MY SITE FOR DETAILS!
CALLING ALL TRAINERS...

Congratulations!
You have turned 18, and now can turn from a Pokémon Trainer to a Team Rocket Grunt!

...That's right! How would you like to join TEAM ROCKET? You'll have to give up your old Pokémon, but you'll get a better replacement!

We've drugged your mother so you can stay with her for for a few days. Giovanni is out setting up the Radio experiment for Lake of Rage.
He thinks that all of the Magikarp will evolve into Gyrados.
... Anyway, Giovanni will be somewhere around Pallet town soon. You will get your new Pokémon then. Enjoy your stay!

Introducing...
teamrocketdesignbanner.png
Hello!
I'm here with a hack of Pokémon FireRed called Pokémon: Team Rocket edition, or Blasting Off Edition. I'm here to make a Pokémon hack that plays all the way through Team Rocket's success in Hoenn (Sounds new? It should. It's my idea!) You are already familiar with their adventures in Kanto and Jhoto, but I always wanted them in Hoenn. So here's what I want to happen after you play through Jhoto:

• Teams Magma and Aqua have been defeated, but the older Team Rocket has completely recovered from the Jhoto incident and is stronger than ever.
  • Team Rocket takes over Hoenn's Battle Frontier, stealing Pokémon from the world's best trainers.
  • Team Rocket slowly advances to Rustboro to take over Devon, as it is now an even bigger corporation than Silph.
  • You have risen to the rank of Executive, and as Team Rocket's most powerful weapon, have a double battle against Chris and Red. Your fellow officer that you met in pallet town takes on Landon and Steven.
  • If you win or lose determines the fate of Team Rocket.
That sounds good? Then I'll need help. I can do the basics, but if you want to do scripting, beta testing, or anything else, I'm ready to accept help.

Here are some pics n(Things have changed since I posted these:)

tre14f.png
tre13.png

tre11.png
tre10.png

tre9.png
tre6.png

tre5.png
tre1.png

tre2.png
TRE3.PNG

If you have things you want changed, join my hacking team at my website.

Anyway, you can download it at my web site:
http://teamrocketpokemon.webs.com/

Banners:

Code:
#1:
[COLOR=#0000ff][URL]http://teamrocketpokemon.webs.com/team_rocket_design_banner_small.png[/URL] [/COLOR]

[LEFT][COLOR=#0000ff][IMG]http://teamrocketpokemon.webs.com/team_rocket_design_banner_small.png[/IMG][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#0000ff]#2:[/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#0000ff][U][URL]http://teamrocketpokemon.webs.com/team_rocket_design_small.png[/URL][/U][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[IMG]http://teamrocketpokemon.webs.com/team_rocket_design_small.png[/IMG]
Bye!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2010
I like it. It's a start. I think you are aware of the bugs that exist. Like the sprites etc, and the gengar from the girl, unless that's suppose to happen :P I don't see any team rocket hacks.

Last edited:

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
guess i'll review this

story/scripting
story is ok...but as for scripting all i've found are a few minor text edits. i remember giavonni walking through mountains and houses too.

mapping
your mapping is absolutely terrible. all it is is kanto filled with mountains, square puddles, and tile errors.

graphics
only one change graphiclly which was the backsprite, which had no shading and an outline brighter than the uniform.

0/10
sorry, but i'd rather play sinnoh quest than this.

Years
So...now is popular to do pokemon hack roms hmm...is originaly but i dont like much the idea.

Your hack is not awesome but not is bad,is a normal hack,hope to see some new screenies.

dragonite trainer

Years
story/scripting
story is ok...but as for scripting all i've found are a few minor text edits. i remember giavonni walking through mountains and houses too.

mapping
your mapping is absolutely terrible. all it is is kanto filled with mountains, square puddles, and tile errors.

graphics
only one change graphiclly which was the backsprite, which had no shading and an outline brighter than the uniform.

0/10
sorry, but i'd rather play sinnoh quest than this.
Yeah. At this point, I can' blame you. I'm trying to assemble a team to help me. I've just found a new scripter that I fell comfortable using called PKSV. Now you'll start seeing a bit more progress.
Now that I have a scripter, I can make giovanni go around and stuff. Thanks for reminding me and helping me see my problems.

If you want to join my hack team and put in your ideas, visit my website.

Last edited:

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Nice game and funny that ash ketchum in team rocket agent lol i gonna use my hack tools to change its starter hehe where is APS Patching thingy on pokeocmmunity its not there

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Nice game and funny that ash ketchum in team rocket agent lol i gonna use my hack tools to change its starter hehe where is APS Patching thingy on pokeocmmunity its not there

Generally it's not polite to go mess with someone else's hack.

Also you may find it in HackMew's Tools Factory.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
looks good, there isn't many games or hacks that you play as the bad guy, however in all those games you do something good, what are the good things you are forced to do

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
You may wanna improve your Mapping and your Backsprite.
It's easy to improve your Mapping, it's based in Hoenn, right?
Then, map what Hoenn has! Don't just do a few edits!

dragonite trainer

Years
Generally it's not polite to go mess with someone else's hack.

I don't really care if you mess with my hack, but please don't upload it as my game.

It's easy to improve your Mapping, it's based in Hoenn, right?
Then, map what Hoenn has! Don't just do a few edits!

Maybe I didn't make this clear enough. I want you to start in Kanto, go through jhoto, and wind up in Hoenn at the end. I am starting to map Hoenn right now, but I'll be working more on things that will come into play closer in the future. And the backsprite requires a new pallette, and I already know that. I need some help changing the pallette in TMA.

CGCoder

Rawr Profile Stalker D:
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2015
that's raysie's rocket sprite from romulation you just put a poor looking "R" on the back. please dont steal sprites

dragonite trainer

Years
CGCoder said:
that's raysie's rocket sprite from romulation you just put a poor looking "R" on the back. please dont steal sprites
I never stole sprites, and I don't know what Romulation is. I put this in on Tile Molester Alternate during spring break. I didn't even have internet there. Please don't accuse me of stealing sprites. I made this with the preset pallette, as I don't hav enough experience to do it otherwise. I'll send the TMA pic and you can compare it with the other one.

notpiracy.png

Could you show me the raysie sprite?

Smarties

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2010
Few years ago there was a Team Rocket hack too. :> and I believe it won Hack of the Year.

Another Team Rocket Hack, huh?, Well as what as I can see it's fine and normal.

The only thing that I don't like is your mapping it seems very empty and not fun to look at. :<

I haven't seen any good script since you just changed the main script's description/text.

It's weird you should state every feature of this game.

Goodluck. :>

CGCoder

Rawr Profile Stalker D:
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2015
alright im sorry i jumped to conclusions but i swear it looks exactly the same but i cant post URLs yet and again im sorry

dragonite trainer

Years
alright im sorry i jumped to conclusions but i swear it looks exactly the same but i cant post URLs yet and again im sorry

It's fine.

If you want to post a link, send me a PM or visit my website:
teamrocketpokemon.webs.com
If you want to post a pic, find the url of the image and type it in the insert picture dialog.
The only reason it might look similar would be because I can't change the palette in TMA and the preset had only had one shade of black.

Few years ago there was a Team Rocket hack too. :> and I believe it won Hack of the Year.

Another Team Rocket Hack, huh?, Well as what as I can see it's fine and normal.

The only thing that I don't like is your mapping it seems very empty and not fun to look at. :<

I haven't seen any good script since you just changed the main script's description/text.

It's weird you should state every feature of this game.

Goodluck. :>

Yeah I know my mapping needs work, and that's a reason I'm recruiting members to my team to help me. Scripting is anoter job up for grabs. Thanks for the comments.

To everybody out there with ideas:

If you join my website, I'll send you a message with the jobs up for grabs and other info.

Last edited:

Forbidden1

csgo
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2020
apparently, i can get TWO gengars in this game. weird. one by cut and one by the girl.

The Who?

What is THIS doing in my hat?!
Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
excuse me, but the team rocket-hoenn thing was my idea. I put it in the quick idea thread. Please try to get rid of hoenn/make your own region.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
excuse me, but the team rocket-hoenn thing was my idea. I put it in the quick idea thread. Please try to get rid of hoenn/make your own region.

You posted that yesterday and this thread is over 10 days old.

-----------------------

Are these screenshots final? The Grammar and the Scripting looks ok for what there is shown, however using the same maps is a bit of a let down - Team Rockets in Oak's Lab for instance. Also the cave map is very very very empty, it would do with being filled up.

Last edited:

dragonite trainer

Years
apparently, i can get TWO gengars in this game. weird. one by cut and one by the girl.

You should only be able to get one, and the poke ball is positioned wrong. It's supposed to be behind the trees.

Your thread is a day old, and mine is 10. I had the idea first, and even if I didn't, I used creative liscence. Please don't try to get me to give you rights to it.

If you want to, you may still use the idea, but, to be clear, I had it first. I actually thought of it three months ago.

You posted that yesterday and this thread is over 10 days old.

-----------------------

Are these screenshots final? The Grammar and the Scripting looks ok for what there is shown, however using the same maps is a bit of a let down - Team Rockets in Oak's Lab for instance. Also the cave map is very very very empty, it would do with being filled up.

The shots and the game are not final. I still have TONS of work to do, and will get to redoing my pathetic mapping for a future release. At the moment, my game is in a stage where I have temporary mapping done until I can do a block edit.
And thanks for commenting on my grammar. To those of you who have trouble with it, READ BOOKS. They are a great source for knowledge.
I had to say that. Hope I'm not being offensive to anyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back